Hasbro Pulse Premium

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Hasbro Pulse Premium

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:53 pm

This thread had some value for HP Premium members, so thought I would add a new entry.
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Hasbro Pulse Premium

Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:57 am

Pulse Premium membership renews right around the time SDCC exclusives are supposed to be available.

Pulse membership should include a guarantee that you can acquire SDCC exclusives. End of story.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:39 am

They can’t guarantee that without making them to order, which frankly they should start doing. There is no real reason to make them as limited has they have been. These are just meant to be an outlet to release items they couldn’t put out at retail. These are intended for adult collectors. They need to start treating us like adults and quit making us jump through so many ridiculous hoops just to buy toys. It shouldn’t be a chore just to order the things. It’s not like SDCC needs Hasbro to draw in large foot traffic with these like Target and Walmart try to do.
JTMarsh
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:42 am

So make anything they put on their site available for order 24-48 hrs before it's available to be ordered elsewhere, otherwise what's the point of trying to sell your wares directly? What's the benefit of putting out product that can be ordered (assuming it isn't sold out) after everyone who used Target, Walmart, BBTS, DSToys, GameStop, BestBuy, Amazon and a whole host of online retailers have gotten theirs? Likewise, the "shipping notice once it's halfway there" and 7-10 day shipping thing has been going on for roughly about 18 months at this point with little change. Don't get me wrong, I use Pulse, and have found their customer service to be responsive and dedicated in resolving an issue I had, but I don't know that I'd pay $50 for such a privilege. There need to be some demonstrable benefits and fast. The only thing that springs to mind was when some people got to order a Hulk figure ahead of time once. If I was asked to sell a Pulse membership to someone, what exactly would I point to?
Trappedtexan
Super Poseable

Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:51 am

The biggest issue I have with pulse is the slow shipping. I mean snake eyes is out at retail and yet pulse hasn't shipped mine, now the deadpool wave is out yet still no news from pulse. Its almost like if you order from pulse they fill retailers and etailers first then if there is still available stock they fill pulse members orders, otherwise you wait till they get another shipment to get yours.
JTMarsh
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:08 am

In hindsight the $5 off coupon was nice the once. They could have a clearance section too like Dorkside if they really wanted to clear stuff out.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:26 am

I may renew if I think it will help me get the Hellfire Club set. Otherwise, I’m not sure there’s enough benefit there for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maczero
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:55 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure I see a lot of value in pulse premium. No discounts, no preferential treatment when it comes to exclusives. Hell, they even make you pay for shipping on exclusives. Just not worth it. By the way, does the membership automatically renew if you don't cancel?
The biggest issue I have with pulse is the slow shipping. I mean snake eyes is out at retail and yet pulse hasn't shipped mine, now the deadpool wave is out yet still no news from pulse. Its almost like if you order from pulse they fill retailers and etailers first then if there is still available stock they fill pulse members orders, otherwise you wait till they get another shipment to get yours.
Another sign that things were better when they were Hasbro Toy Shop. If they had an item in stock, then the usual time between the order being placed and it arriving at my home was less than 48 hours.
Nothing
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:42 pm

maczero wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure I see a lot of value in pulse premium. No discounts, no preferential treatment when it comes to exclusives. Hell, they even make you pay for shipping on exclusives. Just not worth it. By the way, does the membership automatically renew if you don't cancel?
Another sign that things were better when they were Hasbro Toy Shop. If they had an item in stock, then the usual time between the order being placed and it arriving at my home was less than 48 hours.
Is it going to be one of those things where you won't be able to score one of the Hellfire Club sets if you're not a member of Pulse Premium?
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:28 am

I think they’ll configure it to work out that way. There is no reason to delay these going up for preorder until September for any other reason. These we planned and scheduled to be manufactured and in Hasbro’s hands before this week for SDCC. The show didn’t get delayed early enough to change that. They’re just sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting for the original round of premium memberships to expire next month. Giving premium members first dibs is part of the membership perks. Last year was the first year getting Hasbro exclusives at the con was breeze so pulse came through on that promise. No idea how it will work online but the nice thing is there is probably 100 times the product available since 0% is being set aside for the con. Normally a majority of the product goes to the con so it might actually be easier to get these online than any previous year.

Personally I’m kind of hoping they put one up for order a day so we don’t have to risk losing out on one to grab another. Or just have enough product available that it won’t be an issue.
Capman

Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:06 am

So we’re talking $80 for the set, which is great and a nice surprise, but shipping will require $10 (guesstimate) and possibly the $50 HP membership fee. For four figures that may never show up this way again. Hmmmm... decisions, decisions.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:39 am

Shipping is free with premium.
Capman

Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:53 am

Even for convention exclusives? I didn’t buy one last year since they were only MCU, so I wasn’t sure. Last few SDCC exclusives I bought were before Pulse, and they charged for shipping.
maczero
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:30 am

Nothing wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:42 pm
maczero wrote:
Is it going to be one of those things where you won't be able to score one of the Hellfire Club sets if you're not a member of Pulse Premium?
I doubt it. There's probably way more sets than there are Pulse members so it would be crazy to exclude non-Pulse members.
Trappedtexan
Super Poseable

Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:39 am

I dont doubt they open it to outside of pulse but I think pulse members will get the chance to order them first. Perhaps they go up then 24 hours later they open to non pulse members. They HAVE to justify the $50 member fee somehow, otherwise the program will fail. Free shipping alone isn't enough to get people to sign up year after year. Especially with things like pile of loot or free shipping with x amount of dollar purchase or whatever other places offer.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”