Official Toys on Sale Thread

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:45 pm

For the past three years Target has had at least two 25% to 33% off sales in the Fall, so I'm hoping I can use that sometime soon to get some of the current waves. The Black Panther wave peg-warmed in 2019, and I don't see any figures in this latest one that seem significantly more desirable so I expect to be able to get that wave on sale at least, perhaps even on clearance.
deathbunny32
Mattel Maniac!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:50 pm

WTHIOTina wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:06 pm
Still trying to get Darwin and Siryn for discount at my Target!
You should drive around, one store near me had them at $12.50 and $16, others had them at full price.
CO_Alex
CROM!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:13 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:For the past three years Target has had at least two 25% to 33% off sales in the Fall, so I'm hoping I can use that sometime soon to get some of the current waves. The Black Panther wave peg-warmed in 2019, and I don't see any figures in this latest one that seem significantly more desirable so I expect to be able to get that wave on sale at least, perhaps even on clearance.
Was the sale based on an overall minimum $ or 25%- 33% of one item?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:15 pm

CO_Alex wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:13 am
EnigmaticClarity wrote:For the past three years Target has had at least two 25% to 33% off sales in the Fall, so I'm hoping I can use that sometime soon to get some of the current waves. The Black Panther wave peg-warmed in 2019, and I don't see any figures in this latest one that seem significantly more desirable so I expect to be able to get that wave on sale at least, perhaps even on clearance.
Was the sale based on an overall minimum $ or 25%- 33% of one item?

For several years it has been first a sale of either buy $50 and get $10 off or buy $100 and get $25 off, then later a buy two get one free sale. If they're following the same pattern the first sale should be pretty soon, certainly within the next month.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:21 pm

Transformers 20% off 10/6-10/8 at Target
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:39 pm

Gamestop has retro Beast available for preorder at $22.99. I added two to my cart and was able to get free shipping despite not hitting the $49 threshold. Was also able to apply a $5 Monthly Reward which I didn't think could be done on preorders.

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/f ... 27004.html
Blackagar Boltagon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:53 pm

The Ned and Pete two pack is on sale for just under $40 at Target.
https://www.target.com/p/marvel-legends ... nk=sametab
theflicker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:21 pm

Blackagar Boltagon wrote:The Ned and Pete two pack is on sale for just under $40 at Target.
For those curious, this is the same price it was back in July. I just checked to see if I needed to get a price adjustment.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

MarvelLegendsMan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:40 pm

H-bird wrote:Gamestop has retro Beast available for preorder at $22.99. I added two to my cart and was able to get free shipping despite not hitting the $49 threshold. Was also able to apply a $5 Monthly Reward which I didn't think could be done on preorders.

How the heck does their free shipping work? I don't need 2 Beasts, so I tried adding other items, both in stock and pre order, but I can't get the free shipping threshold. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

GrumpyMatt
CROM!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:46 pm

It looks like it's screwed up. I had Beast, Firelord and Ghost Rider in my cart and it wouldn't give me free shipping till I ordered two of each figure. Said screw it and just ordered two Beasts, one of which I'll return.

Thanks for the head's up, too!
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:47 pm

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
H-bird wrote:Gamestop has retro Beast available for preorder at $22.99. I added two to my cart and was able to get free shipping despite not hitting the $49 threshold. Was also able to apply a $5 Monthly Reward which I didn't think could be done on preorders.

How the heck does their free shipping work? I don't need 2 Beasts, so I tried adding other items, both in stock and pre order, but I can't get the free shipping threshold. What am I doing wrong?

Yeah I originally tried to order a retro Ghost Rider with him but it was calculating him as a separate item so I have no idea! I think something is messed up on this particular listing since I didn’t even have to hit the $49 minimum?
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:50 pm

Blackagar Boltagon wrote:
Thanks for the heads up!
MarvelLegendsMan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:01 pm

H-bird wrote:
MarvelLegendsMan wrote:

Yeah I originally tried to order a retro Ghost Rider with him but it was calculating him as a separate item so I have no idea! I think something is messed up on this particular listing since I didn’t even have to hit the $49 minimum?
Yeah I ultimately decided to do the same. Thanks for pointing this out, much appreciated!

Blackagar Boltagon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:01 pm

Bashbash99 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:50 pm
Blackagar Boltagon wrote:
Thanks for the heads up!
You're welcome!
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:03 pm

H-bird wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:47 pm
MarvelLegendsMan wrote:

Beast and Ghost Rider don't release at the same times so they don't count together.

The confusion here is that some other retailers just ship multiple packages out separately yet only charge you for one of those shipments. Gamestop doesn't do that, so pre-orders NEVER count with in-stock items since those are two separate shipments.

I'm more surprised that Target or Pulse will send out multiple shipments for multiple items in one order for one shipping price yet incur multiple shipping prices themselves than I am that Gamestop doesn't just absorb everything. I have no problem with Gamestop trying to charge semi-realistic shipping costs.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”