Official Toys on Sale Thread

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
TheJoker
Some people call him Maurice
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:10 am

Fly4v wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:03 am
JPC wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:42 am
That is the general clearance routine, now, it seems, and it is so. frustrating.

Even yesterday - my shampoo/conditioner were on clearance at one Target. Decide to try my luck at the other Target - nope. Full price.

UGH. And the Eternals that finally went on clearance at one store no one could find and then at the other store still at $25.99. UGH.
Where are Legends now $25.99?
In Hawaii they and Joes jumped up to 27.99 before Christmas.
In NYC, there are some Targets i've seen that are charging $28 for Legends
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:49 pm

I've seen $28 prices at Targets in more affluent neighborhoods. No big deal, I usually get the store to price match with one of their competitors or even Target's own website. I'll start to panic if $28 becomes standard pricing at all the retailers.

Speaking of price increases, shouldn't a move to more eco-friendly packaging (less plastic) be a cost savings to Hasbro? That new Fortnite packaging looks cheap as hell so I'm assuming the company has got to be saving some money with it.
ig64
Hot Female Designated Assassin Droid

Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:05 pm

The Target I frequent has most BAF wave MLs at $28.49 standard pricing. I consider it to be surrounded by affluent areas.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:19 pm

maczero wrote:
Speaking of price increases, shouldn't a move to more eco-friendly packaging (less plastic) be a cost savings to Hasbro? That new Fortnite packaging looks cheap as hell so I'm assuming the company has got to be saving some money with it.

It might be, but a corporation will never pass the savings along to its customers. That's what shareholders are for.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:54 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:19 pm
maczero wrote:

It might be, but a corporation will never pass the savings along to its customers. That's what shareholders are for.
Too true. Yay for capitalism.
Diddy310
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:53 pm

One of my Targets just dumped all the Eternals and half of the AoA Cylcops in the clearance aisle at full price along with the single carded MOTU Revelations figures and the Origins Panthor/Battlecat.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:01 pm

maczero wrote:
I've seen $28 prices at Targets in more affluent neighborhoods. No big deal, I usually get the store to price match with one of their competitors or even Target's own website. I'll start to panic if $28 becomes standard pricing at all the retailers.

Target and Walmart in Hawaii will not price match.

Plus, Target.com has progressively increased what they won't ship to this zip code over the last year so they can charge higher prices for what little is in store.

Since everything is made in China costs here should be less.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:50 pm

Fly4v wrote:
That sucks. I'm guessing they don't want people price matching with goods in the continental States because they undoubtedly will be at a lower price.
Fly4v wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if goods are sent to California first and then to Hawaii.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:37 am

maczero wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:50 pm
Fly4v wrote:
That sucks. I'm guessing they don't want people price matching with goods in the continental States because they undoubtedly will be at a lower price.
Fly4v wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if goods are sent to California first and then to Hawaii.
I wouldn't be surprised that we don't get bottom of the barrel unwanted toys that no other markets want.

Everyone is writing about the great clearance on Battlecat and over-stocking in stores.

Have yet to see any of the new He-man in stories. Target.com will finally ship the cat to Hawaii at full price. $39.99.

The same was true about ML Katy. She was going for $6 in-store before Target.com decided to allow shipping to this zip at full price. :rolleyes:

I still love bringing that up when customer service says they are prohibited from shipping figures here. :lol:
Blackagar Boltagon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:50 pm

Captain Marvel & Rescue for $34 at Woot

https://sellout.woot.com/offers/scale-a ... _home_2_38
Nothing
CROM!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:07 pm

Blackagar Boltagon wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:50 pm
Captain Marvel & Rescue for $34 at Woot

https://sellout.woot.com/offers/scale-a ... _home_2_38
I was in the middle of buying this. But $6 shipping in spite of having Prime?! Dammit, Woot. Even says "Free standard shipping for Prime members," but I cannot get it to go.
GrumpyMatt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:23 pm

The Target Marvel Legends clearance prices are starting to get better. There's two Targets equidistant from my doctor's office and I hit up both this morning. Found several AOA for $11.49. Also found a bunch of Fantastic Four — $6.49 or whatever for Reed and Sue, $11.49 for Johnny and $19-something for Ben. Just goofy.

Also saw a big pile of the Rogue One X-Wing TVC set for $52 and change at one of the stores.
CO_Alex
CROM!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:32 pm

I stopped by a Target today on the other end of town closer to Denver and none of their Eternals Legends were on sale. I hit three Targets last weekend and only one store had them on sale for $13.99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Collector4612
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:59 pm

GrumpyMatt wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:23 pm
Also saw a big pile of the Rogue One X-Wing TVC set for $52 and change at one of the stores.
Man, this infuriates me, this thing went up for like 30 minutes at 2:00am the day it was supposed to release, one of those Target Collector-thon things, despite a Target advertised 9:00am launch time, and had a limit of 10 per order, so it sold out instantly, and never went back up that I could see. None of the 15+ stores around me ever got it in either, so I had to resort to eBay at $150+. That Ghostbusters 2 pack was the same kind of deal. Never had a problem with Target exclusives prior to those two, could always find things, maybe not always in plentiful quantities, but could at least track them down with a little leg work, or decent restocks online. With a price increase on the horizon, and likely a ton more exclusives coming our way, I'm not looking forward to what this year will bring on that front.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:43 am

The Rogue One X-Wing is still about $74 by me. I'd love to get it for $52. But I don't even have space to display the thousands of 1:18 Star Wars items I already have.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”