Official Toys on Sale Thread

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
GrumpyMatt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:39 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:23 pm
Note to my 2022 self: Amazon celebrates Cyber Monday on Sunday, not Monday. :?
Note to my 2022 self: Wait till Cyber Monday to order anything from Gamestop.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:40 pm

The idea of cyber Monday can die now. Majority of shopping is done online. Everyone has their Black Friday deals online. Door busters have stopped because people get trampled to death. We’ve been in a pandemic for 2 years. I did go to some stores Black Friday and they were about as bad as they are on a normal Saturday. Black Friday is a week long. Cyber Monday starts on Sunday. What is the point anymore.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:27 pm

mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:16 pm

Maximoff wrote:
The idea of cyber Monday can die now. Majority of shopping is done online. Everyone has their Black Friday deals online. Door busters have stopped because people get trampled to death. We’ve been in a pandemic for 2 years. I did go to some stores Black Friday and they were about as bad as they are on a normal Saturday. Black Friday is a week long. Cyber Monday starts on Sunday. What is the point anymore.
I agree. Escpecially since Amazong statred Cyber MONDAY on Sunday. wth? Glad I checked yesterday and got the Wolverine 5 pack -
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:32 pm

Maximoff wrote:
I agree. Escpecially since Amazong statred Cyber MONDAY on Sunday. wth? Glad I checked yesterday and got the Wolverine 5 pack -
maczero
CROM!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:33 pm

NORM wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:02 pm
maczero wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:45 pm
Is anybody keeping track of what the toy e-tailers like Entertainment Earth and BBTS are doing? I've checked both sites over the weekend and didn't see anything on sale that I cared about. Just thought I'd check here to see if anybody picked up something from an e-tailer that was a good deal.
BBTS has nothing worth mentioning in their Cyber Monday promotion.
Figures.

I did give Gamestop another look. Marvel Legends weren't particularly cheap but I did snag Sabretooth and Shadowcat. I wanted Kitty anyway. I wasn't too interested in Sabretooth until I heard that he was difficult find elsewhere. FOMO got the best of me I decided to pick him up. I also decided I wanted to complete the Gamerverse Abomination so I picked up a few figures from that wave. They ranged in price from 12-16. The biggest get was the Snake Eyes/Timber set for $32. All this stuff came up to about a $110 and then Gamestop took off an additional $10 since I spent over a $100. All in all not a bad haul but it didn't feel quite as epic as past Black Fridays/Cyber Mondays.
ig64
Hot Female Designated Assassin Droid

Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:26 am

The Wolverine 5-pack is back on discount, $1 more than yesterday but still pretty good.
PharOOO
Avengers Assemble

Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:32 am

maczero wrote:
NORM wrote:
maczero wrote:
Is anybody keeping track of what the toy e-tailers like Entertainment Earth and BBTS are doing? I've checked both sites over the weekend and didn't see anything on sale that I cared about. Just thought I'd check here to see if anybody picked up something from an e-tailer that was a good deal.
Figures.

I did give Gamestop another look. Marvel Legends weren't particularly cheap but I did snag Sabretooth and Shadowcat. I wanted Kitty anyway. I wasn't too interested in Sabretooth until I heard that he was difficult find elsewhere. FOMO got the best of me I decided to pick him up. I also decided I wanted to complete the Gamerverse Abomination so I picked up a few figures from that wave. They ranged in price from 12-16. The biggest get was the Snake Eyes/Timber set for $32. All this stuff came up to about a $110 and then Gamestop took off an additional $10 since I spent over a $100. All in all not a bad haul but it didn't feel quite as epic as past Black Fridays/Cyber Mondays.
Thanks for posting about the $10 off $100 @ Gamestop!

I had placed an order earlier but canceled and reordered to include AoA Kitty to get the $10 off deal.

Unfortunately, it didn't auto-deduct so I had to call customer service to fix it. Gamestop's phone support is always extremely friendly and helpful.
They weren't able to do it because the order hasn't shipped out but told me to call as soon as it does and then they'll fix it.

Also, McFarlaneToysStore.com has a bunch of DC Multiverse & DC Direct statues on sale! Plus, use code CM20 to take another 20% off your order!
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:22 am

I ultimately ended up not spending a single damn cent during Black Friday - Cyber Monday.

I had set items I wanted, and either no one had any of them on sale, or they'd have a single item on sale and nothing else I really wanted to hit free shipping thresholds. I've also been better about not impulse buying stuff I probably don't need (but boy, did I come close to starting a new McFarlane Spawn collection).

I blame COVID and related distribution issues for most of it. In the past, I'd get deals on Legends waves from Dorkside, and this year, most of the figures I was interested in were still on pre-order. (Was really hoping to get some good deals on the AoA wave). There weren't even significant discounts on any of the Eternals figures anywhere. Maybe I'm still used to the old $20 MSRP, but $18.99 just doesn't seem like much of a sale to me.

Maybe next year....
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:34 am

Maximoff wrote:

Maximoff
no more subnics

Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:27 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Maximoff wrote:

It more just the separation when there is no separation anymore. We can all just agree there is a week of sales now Monday through Monday thanksgiving week. Call it whatever you want but it’s not two separate days and it’s all the same sales. Cyber Monday just doesn’t have a place any longer.
maczero
CROM!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:36 am

Maximoff wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:27 am
It more just the separation when there is no separation anymore. We can all just agree there is a week of sales now Monday through Monday thanksgiving week. Call it whatever you want but it’s not two separate days and it’s all the same sales. Cyber Monday just doesn’t have a place any longer.
I'm not all that mad about it. I appreciate the consistency of having the same items on sale at a set price all week. In the past, there was always this gamble on whether you should buy something on Friday or wait til Monday. Heck, it just happened with Gamestop and Amazon. Both of them had pre-Black Friday sales and then they turn around and sale the same items for even less on Monday (or Sunday in Amazon's case).
StjJames
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:00 pm

maczero wrote:
NORM wrote:
maczero wrote:
Figures.

Thank you for posting information on the GameStop Snake Eyes and Timber sale. Would have never known about it had I not come across this post. Most places selling Gi Joe Classified either have nothing or very little on sale. Least wise Snake Eyes and Timber set. This set has been on preorder with Dorkside at full price for months with no expected date in sight.
FlexionDynamo
Avengers Assemble

Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:25 pm

Faker on sale at Target $21.69
Child_of_the_90's
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:50 pm

Target has all their retro exclusives at 50% off. Decided to finally get the two spidermen.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”