Official Toys on Sale Thread

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 18716
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:32 am

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:03 pm

Grabbed a few iron man armories from Disney for about $27 a piece with free shipping over $75
User avatar
TonyStark517
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 503
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:48 am

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:52 pm

Pulse sales have typically only been worth it for big ticket items that are less likely to see a sizeable discount (Scorponok for example) or to knock off a small percentage from anything PO'd at full price.

This year seems pretty limited though so not their best effort for sure. I don't recall last year having limitations but the discount was about the same. Price increases certainly don't help this feel worthwhile either.

Here's hoping Monday brings the last round of abuse my wallet will suffer the rest of the year.
User avatar
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Utah
Posts: 3506
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:07 am

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:36 pm

In years past the Black Friday deals even worked on preorders on Pulse.
User avatar
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Maryland
Posts: 10624
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:42 pm

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:15 pm

It didn’t this year. It didn’t even work on all the figures in the same wave; I was going to buy the Afterlife Venkman and Zeddemore, and the discount only applied to Venkman.
User avatar
Raybot
Swears it's 6 inches
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: The Bay Area
Posts: 8748
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:21 am

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:55 am

Amazon has some new Marvel figures listed as part of its cyber Monday deals.

Wolverine 5 pack $83.99
Nimrod 3-pack $34.99
Odin $13.49
Arcade $10.49
Hood $9.99
Vault Guardsman $11.99

Also Origins Snake Eyes for 12.49 if you’ve been waiting for a deal. Origins Baroness for 15.99 too.
User avatar
StormyTrooper
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:40 pm

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:42 am

Raybot wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:55 am
Amazon has some new Marvel figures listed as part of its cyber Monday deals.

Wolverine 5 pack $83.99
Nimrod 3-pack $34.99
Odin $13.49
Arcade $10.49
Hood $9.99
Vault Guardsman $11.99

Also Origins Snake Eyes for 12.49 if you’ve been waiting for a deal. Origins Baroness for 15.99 too.
Thanks for the head's up! I've wanted that Nimrod 3-pack for a while but not enough to pay the prices I've seen it drop to so far. $35 plus tax? That's apparently my number, lol. 8)
User avatar
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4556
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:40 pm

Snagged 2 more Wolverine 5-packs. Going to return my warehouse deal since I haven't opened it yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Garden State
Posts: 40193
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:25 pm

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:56 pm

34.49 is insane for the Nimrod pack. I'm considering it for the fodder alone.
User avatar
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 9292
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:35 am

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:30 pm

Thanks for posting about the Wolverine set. That’s one of the only things I’ve been holding out on - even with the price hike taken into consideration it felt like they were pushing it. This is much better.
User avatar
Maximoff
no more subnics
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Hiney
Posts: 8879
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:32 pm

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:58 pm

Nimrod didn’t stay at that price for the day which is annoying.
User avatar
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 6412
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:20 pm

Maximoff wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:58 pm
Nimrod didn’t stay at that price for the day which is annoying.

WTF? All of these "Cyber Monday" deals had a 24 hour timer on them starting at some point after midnight EST last night. Why did they not honor that?

Nevermind the sense of why they're doing "Cyber Monday" deals that are running all day Sunday instead of Monday... :?
User avatar
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: New York
Posts: 3309
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:51 am

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:26 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Maximoff wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:58 pm
Nimrod didn’t stay at that price for the day which is annoying.

WTF? All of these "Cyber Monday" deals had a 24 hour timer on them starting at some point after midnight EST last night. Why did they not honor that?

Nevermind the sense of why they're doing "Cyber Monday" deals that are running all day Sunday instead of Monday... :?
I think it sold out from amazon, and is third party now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

User avatar
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 6412
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:39 pm

rwsharpjr wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:26 pm
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Maximoff wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:58 pm
Nimrod didn’t stay at that price for the day which is annoying.

WTF? All of these "Cyber Monday" deals had a 24 hour timer on them starting at some point after midnight EST last night. Why did they not honor that?

Nevermind the sense of why they're doing "Cyber Monday" deals that are running all day Sunday instead of Monday... :?
I think it sold out from amazon, and is third party now.

Ah, you're right, it is. Didn't notice because they have it up for $13 below the Amazon MSRP price so I assumed it was Amazon selling it, but it's a third party.

Amazon does seem to set item limits on their deals. Usually, but not always, they end up going for sale again a day or two after the sale ends at MSRP. I recall that didn't happen for the Days of Future Past Sentinel/Wolverine 2-pack last year...it went up for sale on Prime Day, sold out during it, and that was the last time they ever offered it. Impossible to know when Amazon exceeds their sale item limits or just completely sells out of an item.
Tigereyes007
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:51 pm

think Alpha Flight will drop again??
User avatar
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: New York
Posts: 3309
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:51 am

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:53 pm

Tigereyes007 wrote:think Alpha Flight will drop again??
Do they still have those? Or are they all third party?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”