Official Toys on Sale Thread

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:43 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Bashbash99 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:21 am
ftw-jedi wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:36 pm
I totally missed out on Alpha Flight... ugh
its still listed at the sale price at this time. might want to check again... hope it works out for you!

The price keeps bugging out. It's listed as a Prime Day deal, but then sometimes when you go into the item detail it shows as the regular price, and sometimes it shows as the deal price. And sometimes when you add it to cart when it shows at $69.99 it gets added at $109.99. If you keep refreshing and adding to cart it seems to eventually work.
Yeah, I see the $69.99 price, add it to my cart and at checkout I keep getting the full price.
I'll continue to try throughout the day...

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:52 am

Threash wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:24 am
Bashbash99 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:33 am
Speaking as someone who only bought Pirate Deadpool when the wave came out and finally got around to ordering Black Tom today. Pirate DP is just a fun figure, and frankly i wish hasbro would make more pirate themed ML figures (Ben Grimm as blackbeard, anyone?)
Same, pirate deadpool was the only figure from that wave I bought, didn't even know who most of the others or the BAF were.
Haha It’s like we live on different parallel worlds. It seemed to me that people really wanted Black Tom and Maverick and the Xforce guys, and most of the opinions I saw about Pirate Deadpool were either “who wants this?” or the dreaded “waste of a slot”. Not just on Fwoosh, but in comments on other toy sites and from internet reviewers (which admittedly may mean some opinions were the counted twice due to different platforms and user names).

Where were you guys when I paid full price for that figure last year just to get the BAF piece? I couldn’t find anyone willing to pay $10 for it.

Anyway regarding sales, will there be new items for sale on Amazon tomorrow, or just the same items that didn't sell through? I’ve not used Prime day to shop for action figures before, so I’d like to know what to expect from those of you with experience.
JTMarsh
CROM!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:03 am

ftw-jedi wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:35 am
No worries, Green Lantern is my favorite property and I have 2x 2-packs on preorder and bought 5 John Stewarts already!
I have Sasquatch and Vindicator that I got for really cheap and wanted to give them some company for a cheap price as well
5 John Stewarts?!! How will you fit them all in bed with you at night?!?! In all seriousness though the Alpha Flight boxset does look pretty nice considering it's figures I never thought we'd even see.

As for the mention of Pirate Deadpool, I got it on release just to build Strong Guy. It's a much cooler figure in hand given how ornate it is and I don't know where his flintlock pistol would have come from since Hasbro favors reuse, but I ended up selling him to a much bigger DP fan as I only needed the BAF part.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:07 am

supreme-d wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:52 am

Where were you guys when I paid full price for that figure last year just to get the BAF piece? I couldn’t find anyone willing to pay $10 for it.
My advice in situations like this is to toss in a drawer and forget about it for a year or so, it will be worth something eventually. It's going for above retail right now. I think the issue is that comic book readers are probably over represented in collecting sites like this, while actually being a small minority. Once its out there among the public someone like deadpool has a massive advantage.
Chibikasai
aww...I like Robo's Thing

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:09 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:55 pm
Chibikasai wrote:I *just* bought that Alpha Flight set on Friday, since it was my annual "Treat Myself" day. :cry:

Snagged 4 of the Strong Guy wave and a Jocasta. I've just gotten back in to collecting ML, so this is pretty good timing.
Amazon will probably honor the price for today and adjust the price to today's sale

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Oh, since my order arrived yesterday and was still MIB, I just set up a return. Walking it up my UPS store tomorrow. Then I ordered a new set at the sale price.

I'm pretty surprised Pirate Deadpool is the HTF of that wave, but then I'm not thinking from the mind of a casual fan. Once I come from that perspective, it kinda makes sense he'd sell well. Now if some of those casual buyers might want to part with their "Guido who?" leg for a fair price...
DaveB
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:19 am

Chibikasai wrote:
Oh, since my order arrived yesterday and was still MIB, I just set up a return. Walking it up my UPS store tomorrow. Then I ordered a new set at the sale price.
Wait for the new set to come in before bringing the return to UPS. Keep the set with the better paint apps.
ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:32 am

DaveB wrote:
Chibikasai wrote:
Wait for the new set to come in before bringing the return to UPS. Keep the set with the better paint apps.
DaveB w/ excellent advice

ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:33 am

Bashbash99 wrote:
ftw-jedi wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:36 pm
I totally missed out on Alpha Flight... ugh
its still listed at the sale price at this time. might want to check again... hope it works out for you!
Got it!
Thanx for the heads up on checking again

Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:30 am

Target has a save $25 when you spend $100 on toys today only.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:36 pm

Nebraska wrote:

Thanks, used it to pre-order the AoA 2 set, a few Infinity Saga figures, and the Jurassic World dimorphodon set. You can use it multiple times, and I've already used it twice. Could have used it 3 or 4 times if they still had more Infinity Saga figures available to pre-order, but most of those pre-orders are now sold out. Key figures from the AoA set may sell out today if enough people jump on the $25 discount.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:07 pm

Nebraska wrote:
I hate that this is online only. There are several toys I would get in store, but they haven't done that in a while. Nothing I want online.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:17 pm

Shuffled preorders for AOA2 and a handful of MCU Infinity figures. Shame more stuff is sold out/pre sold out. I would have reordered or gotten some duplicates of the Ursa Major wave or some upcoming SW.
jakey-jake
The Machine!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:22 pm

Sucks that the deal only barely gets you below the previous mL price point.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:47 pm

I placed new orders for Happy/Iron Man and Iron Monger. Awesome to get both items for less than. 100 bucks!
iskopower
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:16 pm

e-rock wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:47 pm
I placed new orders for Happy/Iron Man and Iron Monger. Awesome to get both items for less than. 100 bucks!

Thanks for the tip! I cancelled my pulse order on Stane and ordered him and the Happy set for $97 bucks!

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”