Official Toys on Sale Thread

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:36 pm

I totally missed out on Alpha Flight... ugh

supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:23 pm

As someone who bought the Strong Guy wave at full price because I wanted the BAF, I have to ask how Warpath and Sunspot are discounted now but those dumb Deadpool variants aren’t? Was the demand for a pirate Deadpool really greater than for two essential X-Force members?

Also salty I paid full price for Shikalah.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:49 pm

supreme-d wrote:
As someone who bought the Strong Guy wave at full price because I wanted the BAF, I have to ask how Warpath and Sunspot are discounted now but those dumb Deadpool variants aren’t? Was the demand for a pirate Deadpool really greater than for two essential X-Force members?

I'm not sure how this is even a question to be honest, deadpool is actually popular.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:55 pm

Chibikasai wrote:I *just* bought that Alpha Flight set on Friday, since it was my annual "Treat Myself" day. :cry:

Snagged 4 of the Strong Guy wave and a Jocasta. I've just gotten back in to collecting ML, so this is pretty good timing.
Amazon will probably honor the price for today and adjust the price to today's sale

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:59 pm

Threash wrote:
supreme-d wrote:

I'm not sure how this is even a question to be honest, deadpool is actually popular.
When the wave lineup was announced, no one was asking for pirate Deadpool, and more people were asking for new Xforce members. A lot of people even said they had no interest in the Deadpool variants for that wave. I’m not sure how you don’t get the (rhetorical) question, to be honest.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:06 am

supreme-d wrote:
Threash wrote:
supreme-d wrote:

When the wave lineup was announced, no one was asking for pirate Deadpool, and more people were asking for new Xforce members. A lot of people even said they had no interest in the Deadpool variants for that wave. I’m not sure how you don’t get the (rhetorical) question, to be honest.
Deadpool will however always sell to the public, very well , and has so far.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

DaveB
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:06 am

I think with this one it's more a case of which figure is more likely to be randomly picked up by a non-collector. You can slap Deadpool on anything, these days. I can't imagine the average person shopping at Gamestop, for example, even knows who Warpath or Sunspot are.
MarvelLegendsMan
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:11 am

I started collecting in March of 2020 and I feel like I still have very little handle on which figures I should hold off on because they'll end up being available for cheaper. I did not expect MODOK to be available for cheaper so quickly. I held off on Thanos hoping he would drop in price but I haven't seen that yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:21 am

ftw-jedi wrote:
its still listed at the sale price at this time. might want to check again... hope it works out for you!
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:27 am

Bashbash99 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:21 am
ftw-jedi wrote:
its still listed at the sale price at this time. might want to check again... hope it works out for you!

The price keeps bugging out. It's listed as a Prime Day deal, but then sometimes when you go into the item detail it shows as the regular price, and sometimes it shows as the deal price. And sometimes when you add it to cart when it shows at $69.99 it gets added at $109.99. If you keep refreshing and adding to cart it seems to eventually work.
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:33 am

supreme-d wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:59 pm
Threash wrote:
supreme-d wrote:

I suppose it depends on who this "lot of people" are. Worth keeping in mind that fwoosh posters are not necessarily representative of the collecting community at large, despite getting recognition for the top 10 list and the occasional first look at a figure like Callisto. there are a lot of folks specifically into collecting deadpool stuff out there but they make not collect figures for any other character (e.g., i see a lot of cars with deadpool decals/stickers on them - guess how many i see with Warpath or Sunspot or x-force?)

Speaking as someone who only bought Pirate Deadpool when the wave came out and finally got around to ordering Black Tom today. Pirate DP is just a fun figure, and frankly i wish hasbro would make more pirate themed ML figures (Ben Grimm as blackbeard, anyone?)

But i do feel the pain of paying full retail for figures that are marked way down later on. I think most of us have had that experience at one point or another.
jakey-jake
The Machine!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:40 am

I really hate that I had to buy that stupid Pirate Deadpool figure.
JTMarsh
CROM!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:23 am

ftw-jedi wrote:
GL beats Alpha Flight any day power-wise in my book. Resolve your grief by getting that GL / Dawnbreaker 2pk from McFarlane whenever it's out.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:24 am

Bashbash99 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:33 am
Speaking as someone who only bought Pirate Deadpool when the wave came out and finally got around to ordering Black Tom today. Pirate DP is just a fun figure, and frankly i wish hasbro would make more pirate themed ML figures (Ben Grimm as blackbeard, anyone?)
Same, pirate deadpool was the only figure from that wave I bought, didn't even know who most of the others or the BAF were.
ftw-jedi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:35 am

JTMarsh wrote:
ftw-jedi wrote:
GL beats Alpha Flight any day power-wise in my book. Resolve your grief by getting that GL / Dawnbreaker 2pk from McFarlane whenever it's out.
No worries, Green Lantern is my favorite property and I have 2x 2-packs on preorder and bought 5 John Stewarts already!
I have Sasquatch and Vindicator that I got for really cheap and wanted to give them some company for a cheap price as well

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”