Official Toys on Sale Thread

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Rish Outfield
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Official Toys on Sale Thread

Sat May 15, 2021 8:36 pm

pakledjim wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 2:42 pm
I apologize to anyone who went in to Walgreens w=expecting to get some ML figures for half price after seeing my post I partially blame myself and partially Walgreens. When I went into the store on Sunday May 9th, there was a shelf tag saying that they were 2 for 1. I went to several other stores before and after and never saw the sign. I finally had the chance to go back there yesterday and found out there was a 2 for 1 sale, but it ended April 30th. They still had the shelf tags up.
You're forgiven just for getting the thread back on track, mate.
Fly4v
CROM!

Sun May 16, 2021 12:31 am

The 1/12 Rorschach "Inkbot" that Robo just talked about in the Fwoosh Weekly is up on VCtoys for sale at $25.

https://www.vctoysbox.com/product/fx002/

Edit: This is the non-refundable deposit. :rolleyes:
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Sun May 16, 2021 12:34 am

That's just the non-refundable deposit. I was excited for a half-second.
Fly4v
CROM!

Sun May 16, 2021 12:41 am

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:34 am
That's just the non-refundable deposit. I was excited for a half-second.
Thanks added that caveat. Shouldn't ordering toys when the wife is close but I didn't want to miss a good 1/12 Rorschach. :?
maczero
Avengers Assemble

Sun May 16, 2021 1:38 pm

pakledjim wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 2:42 pm
I apologize to anyone who went in to Walgreens w=expecting to get some ML figures for half price after seeing my post I partially blame myself and partially Walgreens. When I went into the store on Sunday May 9th, there was a shelf tag saying that they were 2 for 1. I went to several other stores before and after and never saw the sign. I finally had the chance to go back there yesterday and found out there was a 2 for 1 sale, but it ended April 30th. They still had the shelf tags up.
Not that I blame you but I was encouraged by your post to go looking for this deal. Couldn't find it but I did see at least one store offering the Avengers wave figures for $14.99. I'm guessing they're trying to get rid of the remaining Wasp & Ant-Man figs.

Regarding store return policies, some retailers were keeping an eye on customers who routinely return things a few years ago. Basically customers who returned things excessively were put on the company's shit list and not allowed to return purchases. In fact, I'm on Home Depot's list. I returned over $1000 of building materials for a home improvement project that didn't require them. Home Depot let me return them without the receipt but ever since they won't let me return anything else without a receipt.
Bashbash99
CROM!

Sun May 16, 2021 8:53 pm

Target has BOGO 50% off on dc toys. For McFarlane it’s mainly the dark father wave, dceu JL figures and other preorders like Doctor Fate and that white costume flash. They did have GL in stock though. I think the bad guy from Batman beyond was also up for preorder
StormyTrooper
Super Poseable

Sun May 16, 2021 11:40 pm

Bashbash99 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:53 pm
Target has BOGO 50% off on dc toys. For McFarlane it’s mainly the dark father wave, dceu JL figures and other preorders like Doctor Fate and that white costume flash. They did have GL in stock though. I think the bad guy from Batman beyond was also up for preorder
Thanks! I wanted white costume Flash and picked up the Target exclusive Superman while I was at it. Thinking of it as $5 off each makes my wallet a bit happier. 8)
JTMarsh
CROM!

Mon May 17, 2021 10:35 am

Anyone needing a Psylocke may want to get the Nimrod 3pk as it's $45 on Amazon at the moment.
iskopower
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon May 17, 2021 2:08 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:35 am
Anyone needing a Psylocke may want to get the Nimrod 3pk as it's $45 on Amazon at the moment.
Sweet! Got a second set! It's back to it's original price though
PharOOO
Runs Around in Tights

Mon May 17, 2021 5:09 pm

Argh!

This weekend I went to finally assemble Strong Guy only to realize I never purchased Pirate Deadpool.

Annoying yes, but I figured he's definitely 1 out of the 3-4 characters peg-warming, so I went online to buy 2.

Forget buying 1, let alone 2! Why is this the only character from this series sold-out virtually everywhere online while the rest are discounted?

I don't even want the figure, just the leg but now I have to wait for an online restock, if there's even a restock planned.

I. Hate. Deadpool.
misguidedgeek
HULK SMASH!

Mon May 17, 2021 5:23 pm

PharOOO wrote:Argh!

This weekend I went to finally assemble Strong Guy only to realize I never purchased Pirate Deadpool.

Annoying yes, but I figured he's definitely 1 out of the 3-4 characters peg-warming, so I went online to buy 2.

Forget buying 1, let alone 2! Why is this the only character from this series sold-out virtually everywhere online while the rest are discounted?

I don't even want the figure, just the leg but now I have to wait for an online restock, if there's even a restock planned.

I. Hate. Deadpool.
I ran into the same issue, I currently have one legged strong guy and a Pirate Deadpool in my BBTS pile of loot

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

PharOOO
Runs Around in Tights

Mon May 17, 2021 5:53 pm

I might visit a few local Gamestop locations this weekend to see if I can find a couple of Pirates. Sometimes they have old stock normally sold out everywhere else.

Otherwise, Strong Guy will be doing a balancing act for quite a long time.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 3:10 pm

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 5:20 pm
I think the only "mental back-flipping" being done here is by the person who thinks anyone is blaming the retail worker over a thief....
And yet theres a bunch of posts before and after this doing just that including (checks notes) yours?

Well okay then. Keep making "mirth" ya'll. Damn overpaid Target employees not stopping these crimes!
Nik
HULK SMASH!

Tue May 18, 2021 6:01 pm

ODBJBG wrote:
Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
I think the only "mental back-flipping" being done here is by the person who thinks anyone is blaming the retail worker over a thief....
And yet theres a bunch of posts before and after this doing just that including (checks notes) yours?

Well okay then. Keep making "mirth" ya'll. Damn overpaid Target employees not stopping these crimes!
I already stated that I would refrain from making any more jokes here so I don't ruffle any feathers, but it seems even that statement has you in your feelings.

I know I'm new to these forums, but is this usually how this goes? Like, folks acting as if a joke about Sharon Carter looking nothing like Tony Stark is tantamount to excoriating retail workers? I was excited to join the conversation on this site, but damn. Re-thinking that, now.
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 6:30 pm

Nik wrote:
ODBJBG wrote:
Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:

I already stated that I would refrain from making any more jokes here so I don't ruffle any feathers, but it seems even that statement has you in your feelings.

I know I'm new to these forums, but is this usually how this goes? Like, folks acting as if a joke about Sharon Carter looking nothing like Tony Stark is tantamount to excoriating retail workers? I was excited to join the conversation on this site, but damn. Re-thinking that, now.
There are a few people here who are always angry about everything and honestly just bitter and usually looking for an argument constantly. You will learn who they are fairly quickly and learn to just not engage with them. Most of the people here are pretty cool however.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”