Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 3927
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:05 am

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:44 pm

Question - is the torso joint for your Ursa Majors a bit tight/clicky? Mine doesn't want to twist without a bit of effort and I'm trying to make sure I don't snap the poor guy in half. I can live without that bit of ROM but hard to tell if this is a stuck joint or working as intended.
User avatar
Thwiptster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 3656
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:43 am

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:26 pm

docsilence wrote:Question - is the torso joint for your Ursa Majors a bit tight/clicky? Mine doesn't want to twist without a bit of effort and I'm trying to make sure I don't snap the poor guy in half. I can live without that bit of ROM but hard to tell if this is a stuck joint or working as intended.
It’s all smooth for me.
User avatar
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8982
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:35 am

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:25 pm

Akatsuki wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:41 pm
No problem, and you should definitely have fun with your collection!

The Titanic Three is one classic comic tie-in. It’s a fun physical powerhouse team!

***pics***

More recently, but still several years ago, Radioactive Man fought newer versions of Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo over a skirmish in a made up country located somewhere between Russia and China. Some fun Radioactive Man action!

***pics***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People who post fun comic pages I haven't seen before are my personal forum heroes. Love these shots.
User avatar
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 5669
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:08 pm

Thwiptster wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:26 pm
docsilence wrote:Question - is the torso joint for your Ursa Majors a bit tight/clicky? Mine doesn't want to twist without a bit of effort and I'm trying to make sure I don't snap the poor guy in half. I can live without that bit of ROM but hard to tell if this is a stuck joint or working as intended.
It’s all smooth for me.

Mine does some weird clicking as it moves and tends to resist my attempts at moving it, but it isn't hard to move forward/back or twist and get it to stay. The clicking made me think I was going to break it as well, but I ignored it, kept working it, and he seems fine.
User avatar
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader
Location: I'm with Iron Man.
Posts: 19555
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:17 am

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:19 pm

H-bird wrote:
Akatsuki wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:41 pm
No problem, and you should definitely have fun with your collection!

The Titanic Three is one classic comic tie-in. It’s a fun physical powerhouse team!

***pics***

More recently, but still several years ago, Radioactive Man fought newer versions of Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo over a skirmish in a made up country located somewhere between Russia and China. Some fun Radioactive Man action!

***pics***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People who post fun comic pages I haven't seen before are my personal forum heroes. Love these shots.
Thanks! The second series of panels are from Iron Man Legacy—War of the Iron Men. Fun story!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 3927
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:05 am

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:39 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:08 pm
Thwiptster wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:26 pm
docsilence wrote:Question - is the torso joint for your Ursa Majors a bit tight/clicky? Mine doesn't want to twist without a bit of effort and I'm trying to make sure I don't snap the poor guy in half. I can live without that bit of ROM but hard to tell if this is a stuck joint or working as intended.
It’s all smooth for me.

Mine does some weird clicking as it moves and tends to resist my attempts at moving it, but it isn't hard to move forward/back or twist and get it to stay. The clicking made me think I was going to break it as well, but I ignored it, kept working it, and he seems fine.
That's exactly how mine is behaving. I'll try working it a bit more to see if it opens up. the side to side/back and forth motion is perfect, but just the twist seems to not want to go.
User avatar
MarvelLegendsMan
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:02 am

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:50 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:Man a better version of Noted X-Factor Villain Crimson Dynamo to go with the Winter Guard/Titanic Three would be great.
It really is crazy that we don't have a classic Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man yet in the modern Legends era. These two, along with Mandarin and Blacklash/Whiplash, are too important to the Iron Man mythos not to be included in the next Iron Man wave.

Likewise, I really hope the next Iron Man wave includes Noted Iron Man supporting character/villain-to-be Cameron Hodge, given his integral role in this classic and indispensable Iron Man story.

Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Palm Coast, FL.
Posts: 1168
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:18 pm

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:54 pm

Retail sightings? Nothing in my tiny neck of the woods yet!
User avatar
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader
Location: I'm with Iron Man.
Posts: 19555
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:17 am

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:57 pm

Wow, nice job, MarvelLegendsMan! What an obscure reference to tie Iron Man to Cameron Hodge. Well done finding that! Also ties into this wave because that issue also co-stars Guardsman.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
MarvelLegendsMan
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:02 am

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:21 am

Akatsuki wrote:Wow, nice job, MarvelLegendsMan! What an obscure reference to tie Iron Man to Cameron Hodge. Well done finding that! Also ties into this wave because that issue also co-stars Guardsman.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol thank you! I dedicated way too much time toward finding a connection between Cameron Hodge and Iron Man.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

User avatar
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5841
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:03 am

BruceKent wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:54 pm
Retail sightings? Nothing in my tiny neck of the woods yet!
I'm hearing they're popping up in Walmart in some parts of the country and a Jersey local has found them at Target. So, should be popping up more soon.
User avatar
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 18726
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:48 am

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:49 am

H-bird wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:25 pm
Akatsuki wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:41 pm
No problem, and you should definitely have fun with your collection!

The Titanic Three is one classic comic tie-in. It’s a fun physical powerhouse team!

***pics***

More recently, but still several years ago, Radioactive Man fought newer versions of Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo over a skirmish in a made up country located somewhere between Russia and China. Some fun Radioactive Man action!

***pics***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People who post fun comic pages I haven't seen before are my personal forum heroes. Love these shots.

Same. It's one of the more delightful aspects of this forum.
User avatar
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4249
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:38 am

This wave showed up at my Walmart yesterday. The price increased to $22.88.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

User avatar
Thor-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Tyrone, PA
Posts: 1752
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:44 pm

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:20 pm

The wait for BBTS to get this wave in is excruciating! This and that Marvel Selects Titanium Man figure.
User avatar
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: WV
Posts: 3982
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:42 am

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:22 pm

H-bird wrote:
Thwiptster wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:18 am
Akatsuki wrote: The Radioactive Man figure is Dr. Chen Lu, a Chinese superhuman. He joined forces with Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man as the Titanic Three. He’s not a member of the Winter Guard.

Maybe the photo references the episode of Avengers Assemble in which the show used Radioactive Man’s name and image but essentially used him as a stand in for the Russian character Powersurge.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The photo is a reference to me wanting to use my imagination and put cool figures together on a shelf that fit a theme/team dynamic. Image

"Communists!"

I like white Widow + Emma Frost head as Yelena - seems like a good way to distinguish them on the shelf together!
I intend on using that combination to make a Sharon Carter figure. I’m not very impressed with the one we got, and they don’t seem to be in any hurry to get us an MCU version.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”