Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Raybot
Swears it's 6 inches
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:22 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:24 pm
Anyone seen any evidence of how Target is tracking this wave via DPCIs? Release date is August 1 for them, so I bet some Targets have it sitting in the back right now but I don't know how to check for it. The DPCIs shown on the product pages at target.com aren't working in Brickseek or Popfindr at all. Target seems to be going away entirely from being able to track inventory via web APIs, a move I really, really detest.
Yea, they’ve started actually tracking in-store purchases for ML that way too. I bought a few Shang Chi figures on clearance the other day and they all rang up with different DPCIs and showed up individually in their app rather than all getting lumped under one DPCI. Wasn’t like that when the set first dropped.

I guess this will probably stop whichever guy in town keeps buying whole cases in store then dropping a logjam of pegwarmers in their place the second a figure under that wave’s dpci goes on clearance online somewhere.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:27 am

Im going to need to dig out the old toybiz base, and get one more guardsman Image

Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:14 am

Raybot wrote:Yea, they’ve started actually tracking in-store purchases for ML that way too. I bought a few Shang Chi figures on clearance the other day and they all rang up with different DPCIs and showed up individually in their app rather than all getting lumped under one DPCI. Wasn’t like that when the set first dropped.

I guess this will probably stop whichever guy in town keeps buying whole cases in store then dropping a logjam of pegwarmers in their place the second a figure under that wave’s dpci goes on clearance online somewhere.
I’ve noticed the different DPCIs in store for the SC wave as well. What is ironic is that the figures they are launching in this new DPCI format are pegwarming hard all on their own.
Louisgod
CROM!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:31 am

I ordered Modular Iron Man and Ultron from Hasbro Pulse the same day yet only Iron Man came today, anybody still waiting for Ultron or part of their initial order?
Thwiptster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:29 am

That’ll do for now.
lefthook
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:24 am

Nice! They really made the Winter Guard and it so great seeing most of it together.
(Although it reminds me of the continued disrespect towards the Inhumans and the hope of getting a Crimosn Dynamo V(?) soon)
Rish Outfield
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:53 am

Is the Radioactive Man from the 2014 Target set the same character that was part of the Soviet Supersoldiers/Winter Guard, or is he a different version?
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:43 am

Rish Outfield wrote:Is the Radioactive Man from the 2014 Target set the same character that was part of the Soviet Supersoldiers/Winter Guard, or is he a different version?
The Radioactive Man figure is Dr. Chen Lu, a Chinese superhuman. He joined forces with Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man as the Titanic Three. He’s not a member of the Winter Guard.

Maybe the photo references the episode of Avengers Assemble in which the show used Radioactive Man’s name and image but essentially used him as a stand in for the Russian character Powersurge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thwiptster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:18 am

Akatsuki wrote:
Rish Outfield wrote:Is the Radioactive Man from the 2014 Target set the same character that was part of the Soviet Supersoldiers/Winter Guard, or is he a different version?
The Radioactive Man figure is Dr. Chen Lu, a Chinese superhuman. He joined forces with Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man as the Titanic Three. He’s not a member of the Winter Guard.

Maybe the photo references the episode of Avengers Assemble in which the show used Radioactive Man’s name and image but essentially used him as a stand in for the Russian character Powersurge.

The photo is a reference to me wanting to use my imagination and put cool figures together on a shelf that fit a theme/team dynamic. Image
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:37 pm

Thwiptster wrote:
Akatsuki wrote:

The photo is a reference to me wanting to use my imagination and put cool figures together on a shelf that fit a theme/team dynamic. Image

"Communists!"

I like white Widow + Emma Frost head as Yelena - seems like a good way to distinguish them on the shelf together!
Akatsuki

Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:09 pm

Thwiptster wrote:
Akatsuki wrote:

That’s fine. They are your figures! Sometimes I like to think of MCU Iron Patriot 2 as a stand in for comic Detroit Steel.

I was just trying to answer a question.

Radioactive Man was part of the Titanic Three for a while, but he was never a member of the Winter Guard in the comics. But the Avengers Assemble show did make Radioactive Man a Russian member of the Winter Guard in one episode. So you could always use that excuse, too. The episode was fun. It was the Secret Avengers episode. Check it out!

Thwiptster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:18 pm

H-bird wrote:
Thwiptster wrote:
Akatsuki wrote: The Radioactive Man figure is Dr. Chen Lu, a Chinese superhuman. He joined forces with Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man as the Titanic Three. He’s not a member of the Winter Guard.

"Communists!"

I like white Widow + Emma Frost head as Yelena - seems like a good way to distinguish them on the shelf together!
I mean, Chernobyl!? Plenty of reason to include Radioactive man, not least of which is the fact that I have so many from army building that three-pack Ultron. I gotta use him in as many displays as I can!

It was the easiest Yelena I could come up with, since Emma’s head was already available. I can’t be bothered to put any effort into customizing a character that has her likelihood of getting a legit release.

Akatsuki wrote:
Thwiptster wrote:
Akatsuki wrote: The Radioactive Man figure is Dr. Chen Lu, a Chinese superhuman. He joined forces with Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man as the Titanic Three. He’s not a member of the Winter Guard.

That’s fine. They are your figures! Sometimes I like to think of MCU Iron Patriot 2 as a stand in for comic Detroit Steel.

I was just trying to answer a question.

Radioactive Man was part of the Titanic Three for a while, but he was never a member of the Winter Guard in the comics. But the Avengers Assemble show did make Radioactive Man a Russian member of the Winter Guard in one episode. So you could always use that excuse, too. The episode was fun. It was the Secret Avengers episode. Check it out!

Yeah, totally. I understand that other folks take things like comic accuracy very seriously, but I was always a bigger fan of the toys than the comics growing up, so I would make my own teams and groups based on what I knew (or didn’t know) about all the characters. It makes as much sense to me for a Chinese operative to be on the Winter Guard as the Wakandan king being on the Avengers.
Akatsuki

Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:41 pm

No problem, and you should definitely have fun with your collection!

The Titanic Three is one classic comic tie-in. It’s a fun physical powerhouse team!

More recently, but still several years ago, Radioactive Man fought newer versions of Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo over a skirmish in a made up country located somewhere between Russia and China. Some fun Radioactive Man action!

Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:44 pm

Man a better version of Noted X-Factor Villain Crimson Dynamo to go with the Winter Guard/Titanic Three would be great.
Thwiptster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:37 pm

Akatsuki wrote:No problem, and you should definitely have fun with your collection!

The Titanic Three is one classic comic tie-in. It’s a fun physical powerhouse team!

More recently, but still several years ago, Radioactive Man fought newer versions of Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo over a skirmish in a made up country located somewhere between Russia and China. Some fun Radioactive Man action!

Honestly, I really appreciate his confidence to wear a dress and matching knee high boots. Clothing has no gender!

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”