Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:24 am

scottg10 wrote:Received my case form DST on Sunday, even though it was supposed to arrive on Tuesday. I think this is the first time in years that I've actually opened a set of action figures and put them in a display within 24 hours. I was super excited to add these to my Iron Man Armory. These figures are awesome... great sculpts, nice shiny paint jobs and the big giant bear guy is just a great action figure. I never heard of Ursa Major until these figures were announced, but I'm very happy to own this figure as well as the rest of the wave.

Holy.

Shitballs.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:26 am

That armory is gorgeous
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:27 am

Scottg10, that Iron Man armory is amazing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:29 am

scottg10 wrote:Received my case form DST on Sunday, even though it was supposed to arrive on Tuesday. I think this is the first time in years that I've actually opened a set of action figures and put them in a display within 24 hours. I was super excited to add these to my Iron Man Armory. These figures are awesome... great sculpts, nice shiny paint jobs and the big giant bear guy is just a great action figure. I never heard of Ursa Major until these figures were announced, but I'm very happy to own this figure as well as the rest of the wave.

I……I…I….I love this

Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:54 am

Now THAT'S an armory!
Left Field
Veteran Slugger

Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:07 am

After unpacking everything and admiring it for awhile - yeah, wave of the year so far easily.
I really like the Villains' wave but only a bit over half. This one fills more needs. Modular. Ultron. Stealth. Winter Guard. Yep. Really the only weak point is Holographic IM but the more I look at it the more it grows on me.
Just a fantastic looking wave.

I already know what I want for the second wave. Leaving key players to be featured in other waves. (Mandarin in another Villains' wave and Modular War Machine recolor for fan channel for example)

Mark III Iron Man (Hornhead)
Extremis
Classic comic Whiplash.
Classic comic Madame Masque
Crimson Dynamo 4. (this can be done without being a BAF.)
Classic comic Count Nefaria
US Agent (I would personally prefer Force Works, but hey)

BAF - Super Adaptoid. (this wave would not be as shiny as the previous, so gotta make up somewhere)
KEWOOSKI
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:54 am

scottg10 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:18 am
Received my case form DST on Sunday, even though it was supposed to arrive on Tuesday. I think this is the first time in years that I've actually opened a set of action figures and put them in a display within 24 hours. I was super excited to add these to my Iron Man Armory. These figures are awesome... great sculpts, nice shiny paint jobs and the big giant bear guy is just a great action figure. I never heard of Ursa Major until these figures were announced, but I'm very happy to own this figure as well as the rest of the wave.

Wow! Your armory is magnificent!
mister.e.meat78
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:11 am

Sweet jeebus that Armory setup is amazing!!!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:16 am

Left Field wrote:
After unpacking everything and admiring it for awhile - yeah, wave of the year so far easily.
I really like the Villains' wave but only a bit over half. This one fills more needs. Modular. Ultron. Stealth. Winter Guard. Yep. Really the only weak point is Holographic IM but the more I look at it the more it grows on me.

I already know what I want for the second wave. Leaving key players to be featured in other waves. (Mandarin in another Villains' wave and Modular War Machine recolor for fan channel for example)

Extremis
Classic comic Whiplash.

BAF - Super Adaptoid. (this wave would not be as shiny as the previous, so gotta make up somewhere)
If we had a second Iron Man wave with a non-Iron Man/Villain BaF I might shit myself.. The contents of that wave would soften the blow though.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:30 am

Stark Resilient wrote:
Left Field wrote:

Extremis
Classic comic Whiplash.

If we had a second Iron Man wave with a not-Iron Man/Villain BaF I might shit myself.. The contents of that wave would soften the blow though.
I’d be fine with this wave, though Titanium Man would make for a better BAF to me personally. And as long as Whiplash means Blacklash. I could see the original Hulkbuster being a BAF, since I doubt the deluxe/retro budgets could account for it.

Because beyond TM and HB, I think we lose a spot in the wave for a tie in, like we did with Darkstar/Ursa. Could be any of the other modern Winter Guard (Chernobog seems like a BAF contender). Then we could get either Atlas or Goliath, with a Thunderbolt/MoE in the wave. Because IM-specific BAFs will get pretty thin. Ultimo and another Foom would be poorly sized (I think MCU Surtur is probably the best we can hope for Ultimo). Detroit Steel could probably be kitbashed off a combo of Sp//dr and the original MCU Iron Monger, with a new abdomen to wed those parts... Beyond that, Dark Aegis seems like a LONG shot, and I think would need the retro package.

*Edit: and for kicks I’m going through Force Works to see if there was anything viable. What a bunch of crap, one-off villains they fought.
Left Field
Veteran Slugger

Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:11 am

Stark Resilient wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:16 am
Left Field wrote:

Extremis
Classic comic Whiplash.

If we had a second Iron Man wave with a non-Iron Man/Villain BaF I might shit myself.. The contents of that wave would soften the blow though.

I make no apologies for trying to strategize waves similar to what the ML team seems to develop. The thing about Titanium Man and the Crimson Dynamo we all want - those are grails, and by stretching releases out we will get there, but it has to be the long game. That's why Melter, Ghost, Mandarin etc are not all in one wave. It's shocking to me we got so much totally new sculpts out of this one wave as we did. One of the biggest (and best) surprises we got last year was a standalone classic deluxe freaking War Machine. I want more fill ins like that.
Akatsuki

Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:23 am

Lots of Iron Man BAF options:

Titanium Man 1
Firepower
Controller (or single carded Thanos reuse?)
Ultimo
Fin Fang Foom
Detroit Steel (and Sasha Hammer version)
Technovore
Black Brigade
Techno Golem
Whiplash- MCU final armor
Hulkbuster Armor- classic
Hulkbuster Armor- World War Hulk
Super-Adaptoid
War Machine- huge Parnell Jacobs version and/or the Captain Marvel Buster version
Dark Aegis

Akatsuki

Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:25 am

Speaking of Force Works, I did like Iron Man’s fights with Black Brigade!

Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:28 am

I wouldn't want horn-head in a BAF wave. It's just too similar to the Iron Man we just got in the Shang-Chi and this wave (stealth). Let's give that mold a small breather.

Heroes Return, Extremis, and a redone Neo-Classic would be the top contenders for anchor of a second IM wave. With Space Armor and Hydro Armor being some secondary armors for a wave. So any combination of them would be great.

I think Firepower would make a cool Iron Man BAF. Also Hulkbuster. If the Thanos body had been designed as potentially being a BAF, Controller would also be a good BAF contender. I would love a classic Super-Adaptoid figure as well.

I'm not a huge fan of Madame Masque. I don't mind her, but it's unfortunate she seems to be the only female IM villain in his roster. Is there anyone else out there who could be the female in the wave? Maybe Diamondback? I know she's more of a Cap villain, but ML waves are always scattershot with character selection.

But I love so many of the characters listed. A lot of Iron Man armors and villains (as well as Avengers villains) who can fill up a 2nd wave.
Akatsuki

Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:46 am

For female characters, a proper comic Rescue would be great as would Bethany Cabe.

Various Avengers would also be a good fit like a more modern Wasp.

Not sure if Hellcat needs a redo, but she would be an obvious choice based on the current Iron Man comic.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”