Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:39 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:16 am
I had to approve a delay from Target regarding this wave.

I did too, but I had checked a few days ago and the release date on the web site was August 1 yet my order claimed I would get it the first week in July which puzzled me since Target doesn't usually predict shipping dates that precede their release dates by 3-4 weeks. Did they perhaps extend the release date to August 1 at some point and it used to be July 1, or were their shipping estimates just out of whack?
Blackagar Boltagon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:45 pm

I had to approve a delay for Ultron.
stack32
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:12 pm

I received a delay notice for Ultron and Modular Armor Iron Man. After I approved it only Iron Man showed on the response email from Target. The only cancellation I've had on a Target preorder was a similar situation so I talked to customer service to confirm both figures were showing as delay approved. Apparently they were though my conversation didn't leave me feeling entirely confident. They did end up giving me a $5 discount, I'm not sure if it was because of one snarky response or because they confused a SW Vintage figure that I had canceled to take advantage of a sale as something they had done. Either way, they're documenting the issues and letting the leadership team know, so I'm sure all our Target problems will be solved.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:40 pm

Boy Wonder wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:23 am
GUTS_2010 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:10 am
Anybody have some good comparison shots of Ursa and Sasquatch? I'm rolling a couple of ideas around...
Here ya go

This makes me think back to the dark times of mini-BAFS when the prospect of uniquely sculpted, larger BAFs were considered a thing of he past. To see these two using dedicated sculpts and also recall Venompool, Strong Guy, Sugar Man along others and it's just a great illustration of how strong the Legends brand has been for a number of years now. It's just great to see.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:47 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:50 am
Every once in a while, Hasbro absolutely crushes a wave. I think they managed it with this set and the bad guys wave.
100% agree. I currently have both waves + MODOK & Death Dealer (he's become an honorary comic figure in my mind, sue me) spread across my desk - which is way more figures than I usually have out all at once - and it is an overwhelming amount of plastic goodness. With the exception of Hood's poor execution every single figure here is a winner. As much as I enjoy the variety they have introduced with retro, box sets, deluxe sets, etc the core of Marvel Legends continues to be these well executed BAF waves with a diverse character selection.

I keep wanting to express "I can't believe we finally got ___!" but that applies to every other figure in these two waves so I catch myself.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:08 pm

I've had this wave since Sunday and it's been sitting in the shipper box on my dining room table ever since.

I'm not sure I know who I am anymore.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:21 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:08 pm
I've had this wave since Sunday and it's been sitting in the shipper box on my dining room table ever since.

Heathen!

Kneel down and kiss the ring of the great and powerful Robo. Repent of your sins, that you may be one with the Fwoosh again.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:30 pm

Boy Wonder wrote:I didn’t even notice any color difference until I took those pictures. The photos make it look significantly worse than it is in-person.
I noticed the pics make Sasquatch's colors seem off too, and they're not that bad in person, at least on mine. So maybe it is the photos. And the figure still looks cool. One of their best hands down, don't get me wrong. But, Hasbro needs to address the color variation problem, and fix it. It has screwed up quite a few pretty good figures. And has happened more and more recently it feels. I just wanna draw attention to it when I can, because they supposedly read these boards. And if they do, maybe they'll get the hint.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:04 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:I've had this wave since Sunday and it's been sitting in the shipper box on my dining room table ever since.

Hmmmmmmm……*checks forehead*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:06 pm

I call it shock.
iskopower
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:27 pm

I received my case from DS 2 days ago and only got the chance to open it today. I can say that this is probably one of the best waves we've received this year!

Who would have thought we would be in an era of ML where we are getting Ursa Major and Darkstar? I love that we finally got our updates of the Modular Armor and Ultron. The simplicity of the comic based look of Ultron is something we've been requesting for a long time and they finally did it. :D

Riri, the Vault Guardsman and the 2 Iron Man variants are also great. I'm surprised the I even liked the Hologram armor despite being an older MCU figure.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:34 pm

I'm so jealous seeing all of you get this in!!! lol, I had to unfortunately cancel my DS wave 3 days prior to them getting it due to one of my friends picking up the disguise turtles box sets for me unexpectedly. REALLY hoping a case is left come friday... or Dorkside reveals their contest winner for naming their POL system
Left Field
Veteran Slugger

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:35 pm

So is Hologram I'M good to use as a full form mentor for Riri? Not familiar with the story.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:37 pm

My case from DS is just sitting in Kansas City. MOVE, DAMMIT! MOVE!
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:58 pm

Left Field wrote:So is Hologram I'M good to use as a full form mentor for Riri? Not familiar with the story.

I think it is just a reference to the holographic computer displays that Tony uses in the movies. The figure here is a reused MCU Mark 46.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”