Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:16 am

panther10 wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:
panther10 wrote:I purchased a small lot of iron man comics last night from the point in the 90’s where iron man wore the modular armor. And holy crap apparently that armor didn’t last as long as I thought it did. Only 18 issues in the main iron man comic, plus another 13 issues or so in Force Works, and then I have another 8 issues or so of the comic that was based on the 90’s cartoon. Put that all together and there were less than 40 appearances in the comics. I guess we can thank the toy line and the capcom games for giving this suit a little more longevity than marvel had initially intended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure the popularity comes more from the MvC games and cartoon for this armor. There are alot more iconic *comic* armors. But us 90s kids, MvC in the arcade spending mucho moneys on trying to kick our friends asses, or the cpus, and then the cool ass cartoon alongside Fantastic 4. With an intro by Stan the man Lee. I miss those days (that's why I bought them all on DVD lol). And the games on Xbox. Not the new one, but the actual arcade ports. So much fun. "Berserker Barrage" "Optic Blast"

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
The toy line probably had something to do with it too. I know there was only one single modular based armor released in wave 1, but I’m sure a lot of 90’s kids still remember the card art that had the modular armor prominently displayed on the upper left hand corner of those blister cards from wave 1. Also the toy line pegwarmed hard in my neck of the woods. Everywhere. At local comic shops, TRU, Walmart, K-mart, local department store chains...those toys littered the toy racks season after season. I imagine it might have had something to do with the armor attachment gimmick. You can only amuse toy buyers with that action feature for so long before it completely runs its course.

Which is funny cause around here I couldn't find most of it. I had couple IM armors but the majority was just gone. I only ever saw like Stealth and Hologram over and over. I wanted most of them. And I think it would've helped if the attachable armor didn't break after you removed it 2 or 3 times. Those pegs were some of the worst plastic I've ever seen. I had to rebuy the stealth armor twice. Luckily I could find him everywhere. When my Inferno Armor broke I was unhappy. I had to replace the knee section with the set from Stark and the briefcase. I bought a few of them I missed a few years back just to have them off ebay, like War Machine. But I really didn't need to.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:27 am

They came out in Sydney. I know I had a few of them.
*Quick google*
Regular Iron Man
Hydro Iron Man
Spider-Woman
Stealth Armor (I THINK??)
Crimson Dynamo
Inferno Armor (Which I mixed with the IM one to make a comic looking iron Man Modular)
Samurai Armor
Subterranian Armor
War Machine II

I think thats it. I know i wanted, but never saw, US Agent and Century.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:08 am

So has anyone gotten a shipping notice for their iron man orders from Dorkside yet? I’m really hoping I get mine

dorksidetoys
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:28 am

panther10 wrote:
So has anyone gotten a shipping notice for their iron man orders from Dorkside yet? I’m really hoping I get mine ImageImageImage

Nope.....assorted case packs are scheduled to land this Friday. We did get solids on 1 or 2 characters yesterday.

Also Disney+ will be in stock in the morning, I was told all pre-orders are out. We're having some issues with our inventory management software that's preventing us putting them in stock now. Wanda will not be in stock, but all the other will be along with sets.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:39 am

dorksidetoys wrote:Nope.....assorted case packs are scheduled to land this Friday. We did get solids on 1 or 2 characters yesterday.
mattmurdog
CROM!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:55 am

dorksidetoys wrote:
panther10 wrote:
So has anyone gotten a shipping notice for their iron man orders from Dorkside yet? I’m really hoping I get mine ImageImageImage

Nope.....assorted case packs are scheduled to land this Friday. We did get solids on 1 or 2 characters yesterday.

Also Disney+ will be in stock in the morning, I was told all pre-orders are out. We're having some issues with our inventory management software that's preventing us putting them in stock now. Wanda will not be in stock, but all the other will be along with sets.
Which figure is getting solid case packs of? Does Hasbro offer it for any?
dorksidetoys
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:13 am

mattmurdog wrote:
dorksidetoys wrote:
panther10 wrote:

We get solids and assorted cases on all Legends. In fact, almost everything comes in solids now.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:39 am

Capman wrote:
Not to derail, but is this GIF Zach Galifianikas or Robert Redford? I'm thinking it's Redford because it looks old, but it also looks so much like Zach in a wig.
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:43 am

dorksidetoys wrote:
mattmurdog wrote:
dorksidetoys wrote:

We get solids and assorted cases on all Legends. In fact, almost everything comes in solids now.
FULL CASES OF

ALLEY.

VIPERS.

WHEN???

Sorry to derail.

Carry on.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

nfgrls
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:44 am

JPC wrote:
Capman wrote:
Not to derail, but is this GIF Zach Galifianikas or Robert Redford? I'm thinking it's Redford because it looks old, but it also looks so much like Zach in a wig.
It’s Robert!

panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:16 am

dorksidetoys wrote:
mattmurdog wrote:
dorksidetoys wrote:

That’s cool because I ordered some extra guardsmen along with a case. As long as you have enough sets in stock to cover those 11th hour orders, maybe I’ll get everything I ordered?

Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:23 am

nfgrls wrote:
JPC wrote:
Capman wrote:
It’s Robert!

Jeremiah Johnson, man!
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:34 pm

I always thought it was Grizzly Adams. He did have a beard.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Left Field
Veteran Slugger

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:40 pm

Capman wrote:
nfgrls wrote:
JPC wrote:
It’s Robert!

Jeremiah Johnson, man!

I don't expect too many young people to have seen that movie. Surely one would have to watch it on demand.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:55 pm

Left Field wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:40 pm
Capman wrote:
nfgrls wrote: It’s Robert!

Jeremiah Johnson, man!

I don't expect too many young people to have seen that movie. Surely one would have to watch it on demand.
How young is young? I'm sub-40 (barely) and I've seen Jeremiah Johnson and recognized the gif the first time I saw it.

Also, to the topic: I have been charged for two of the figures in this wave by Dorkside. Sadly, the least interesting ones. :)

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”