Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:44 pm

The Age of Ultron
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:49 pm

Logan622 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:39 am

The more pictures of him I see, the more I’m not liking the overall look... I get that they were going for realistic proportions, but if there were ever a time to go for the exaggerated superhero proportions, this figure should have been it (broader torso, bigger hands and feet, slightly chunkier thighs)

I’ll still probably buy two Image
I get it. I think 80th/A.Iron Man is a better representation of that armor than the this figure is of the Modular, but this figure has better better articulation. It's a lot of fun to pose him as he gets a lot of range in all of his joints, better than Spider-Man at the hips to quote our friend Robo in almost every review.. That's not to say this is a bad Modular representation, it does a damn good job. Completely blows the ToyBiz figure out of the water, not that that was ever really in doubt.

I think proportionally, if they could have got the upper body a little closer to this first panel, he'd be an 11/10.

Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:49 pm

Awesome. Ultron looks so shiny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheeCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:35 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:So I got Modular Iron Man today, thanks to a little help from la6689.

He's a pretty damn good figure! The sculpt all throughout is just great. The sculpt doesn't limit the articulation at all. He gets more range out of the arms and legs than I thought he would, going by Classic Iron Man and War Machine. I know that they don't share parts, but I was just mentally prepared for something similar. The articulation in the legs is particularly good and he can do a full on split. I was pleasantly surprised to see the boots rotate as well, especially after that calf swivel was removed from the Silver Centurion for no real reason. When I saw the shape where the calf meets the boot, it reminded me of a few figures that have separate boot and calf pieces, but don't have rotation. Look out for the ankle joints. Mine are VERY stuck.

The deco, even though it isn't my preferred color way, is so strong. The gold is matches pretty well with 80th Iron Man. It isn't exact, it's a little deeper, but they'll look good next to each other. When this inevitably gets repainted into a red and yellow deco (with the pattern on the head painted as well), I'll be totally satisfied with this figure, instead of "just" very happy with it.

It's Iron Man, so I do have to point out a couple of nitpicks. For once, I don't like the small gap between the shoulder pads and the torso. The red on the shoulders should meet the torso. I do have to believe this could have been done in a better way. When you guys eventually get yours, be careful articulation. The red of the shoulder pad on one side is separating from the ball joint already, as the pad can run into the torso if you articulate it in the wrong position.

My next nitpick is that the figure feels more slender in hand than the Classic armor. The height is there, but some more slightly 90s proportions making his upper body a little broader would have made the sculpt on the body perfect.

I say on the body there, because my final nitpick is on the head. There's something or things just a LITTLE off on the head that throw me slightly off when I compare to the comic art. I'm not mad at it.. There's just something slightly off. I'm more mad that I can't quite figure out what's off on it.

Here's some quick pics!

of course, I had to Panel Line him!

Here's some Iron Man/War Machine

Nice haul!!! Image
la6689
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:01 pm

GUTS_2010 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:07 am
blackcomicnerd wrote:I don't know if it's been posted yet but are there pictures comparing Ultron with the Select Ultron?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I think this was from Facebook, but I'm not sure.Image

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk
That photo look super familiar ;)

I might have to hunt down another Ultron to get one with a black mouth. I mean, the more the merrier with Ultron, right?
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:24 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
Logan622 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:39 am

The more pictures of him I see, the more I’m not liking the overall look... I get that they were going for realistic proportions, but if there were ever a time to go for the exaggerated superhero proportions, this figure should have been it (broader torso, bigger hands and feet, slightly chunkier thighs)

I’ll still probably buy two Image
I get it. I think 80th/A.Iron Man is a better representation of that armor than the this figure is of the Modular, but this figure has better better articulation. It's a lot of fun to pose him as he gets a lot of range in all of his joints, better than Spider-Man at the hips to quote our friend Robo in almost every review.. That's not to say this is a bad Modular representation, it does a damn good job. Completely blows the ToyBiz figure out of the water, not that that was ever really in doubt.

I think proportionally, if they could have got the upper body a little closer to this first panel, he'd be an 11/10.

These shots are why I need it in yellow. To me, it looks so much better. And is accurate to both comic and cartoon. The gold looks nice, but just not perfect.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:20 am

Trunks3540 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:24 pm
Stark Resilient wrote:
These shots are why I need it in yellow. To me, it looks so much better. And is accurate to both comic and cartoon. The gold looks nice, but just not perfect.
Totally agreed.
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:39 am

Yeah Im not on the same page with you guys on that one. Having now got the Yellow Iron Man Classic, I FAR prefer the 80th classic coloring in gold and metallic red. I mena more power to you guys, i hope you ghet what you want, but Im just not with you on it.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:02 am

Everyone has their preferred look. I don't have either of the classic Iron Mans to judge on those. But by pics alone I kinda prefer the yellow to the gold on that too. Mainly for accuracy sake. I like Gold. The color itself, the shine. And I like how the movie armors look with it. But for some reason it doesn't speak to me for the comic figures.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Prophet924
Thwipp!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:08 am

I like the gold and yellow. But man that figure is really sweet!

Thwipp!

gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:19 am

Both versions are great to me. Hope we don’t have to wait too long got the yellow/red modular repaint. Took two years for the classic armor to get the repaint.

panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:26 am

gpmartin414 wrote:Both versions are great to me. Hope we don’t have to wait too long got the yellow/red modular repaint. Took two years for the classic armor to get the repaint.

I prefer the gold myself to the canary yellow. It looks like they used a super vibrant shade of gold on the modular iron man too so I’m on board.

Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:25 am

The Scream Man wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:39 am
Yeah Im not on the same page with you guys on that one. Having now got the Yellow Iron Man Classic, I FAR prefer the 80th classic coloring in gold and metallic red. I mena more power to you guys, i hope you ghet what you want, but Im just not with you on it.
It's okay.. Everyone is wrong sometimes.. This is just one of them for you.
blobfrombeyond
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:45 am

Hoping to see that DS ship notification this week.
JHernandez
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:57 am

Great thing about the Ursa Major wave, even though it's essentially an Iron Man wave, is that there's still something in it for everyone. Current readers, builders, 90s heads, tried and true classics, the variety is there and I'm digging on it big time. Vid for anyone interested. Thnx, y'all.

https://youtu.be/2CeKy0dxzWw

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”