Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Iron Man Legends Ursa Major Wave

Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:01 am

Akatsuki wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:27 am
Stark Resilient wrote:
El Honez wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:13 am
I'm sure someone has already mentioned this, but it bothers me a little bit that they didn't bother to sculpt the angular cuffs on stealth Iron Man. You can see in the ref that he has angular boot cuffs, wrist cuffs, and shoulder cuffs.
And the shoulder pads.. and the helmet..

Hasbro took too many steps forward lately. Classic Iron Man, War Machine, and Iron Man 2020 are damn near perfect. Modular Iron Man looks lie he's going to be incredible. I find this "good enough because it's just another Iron Man repaint" mentality so frustrating. It's unfortunate because if the paint job comes out anywhere close to the promo images, he's going to look so good in person, he's just missing the features that make the stealth armor the stealth armor.
Yeah although the Stealth Armor keeps getting made as a repaint, it really is quite different in key areas—helmet, pauldrons, gauntlets, and boots. It is frustrating because those are all the modular pieces of an action figure that could be swapped out. The figure could have been mostly reuse still if it got just a couple new essential pieces.

But this repaint will sure look nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right! The 80th body was designed to be able swap the gauntlets and boots out! Just like they did on the also disappointing from the neck up and behind Silver Centurion.
aiborgatel
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:20 am

Fly4v wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:15 am
aiborgatel wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:21 pm
JPC wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:18 pm
The Moonstone torso range is my favorite ML articulation point because it is so dynamic.

Haven't opened a newer one to see the improved ROM on the legs. I also like the bicep swivel and that she doesn't look anorexic with actual muscle on her thighs. Her silhouette is much better than the flatness of the Darkstar mold.
I might be wrong but I think Comic carol Davers share the same body and I find it one of the best, especially for dynamic-flying poses and energy-projection-punch

It's so frustrating

I'm planning on doing something like this, but I have to admit I'm not really confident with disassembling Legends:
Yes, the comic Carol Danvers is on the old Moonstone/Black Cat body.

So you are going to swap out the lower legs, forearms and head from the Darkstar to the new Black Cat and then just repaint the yellow on the chest?
Yeah, that's my plan. The mid-torso articulation should fit perfectly. Shoulder pegs worry me a bit.
For the symbol, just minor paintwork and choosing the right tone of yellow
Fly4v
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:59 am

aiborgatel wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:20 am
Fly4v wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:15 am
aiborgatel wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:21 pm

I might be wrong but I think Comic carol Davers share the same body and I find it one of the best, especially for dynamic-flying poses and energy-projection-punch

It's so frustrating

I'm planning on doing something like this, but I have to admit I'm not really confident with disassembling Legends:
Yes, the comic Carol Danvers is on the old Moonstone/Black Cat body.

So you are going to swap out the lower legs, forearms and head from the Darkstar to the new Black Cat and then just repaint the yellow on the chest?
Yeah, that's my plan. The mid-torso articulation should fit perfectly. Shoulder pegs worry me a bit.
For the symbol, just minor paintwork and choosing the right tone of yellow
It is a great formula.
Hope the black plastic has the same finish. Looks like Cat is gloss and Darkstar might be matte.

Easy enough to spray black highlights to even everything out with all the joints being black.... Who would notice any paint rub.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:22 am

VERY little in this wave for me. First off, when your BAF is a character that you have never read a story about and have zero attachment to, that's already a big weight off your wallet because it means you're not going to be tempted to get the whole wave just for that.

As for Iron Man, this is a character that has umpteen different looks, and new ones are coming all the time. Thankfully, I really only care about three: "classic" Bob Layton era--check, Silver Centurion--check, first appearance--check. So I'm not one to fall into the "many armors of Iron Man" hole.

I preordered Ultron. I like the look of his "energy vomiting" head.

Ree Ree Williams is a "maybe", I may want her at some point.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:54 am

Only one I'm picking up is Darkstar, and her eyes are getting painted blue asap.
Andru
CROM!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:35 pm

Don't really want/need Riri, Holo Iron Man, or Guardsman...But will have to pick them up for the BAF pieces.

Really looking forward to Modular, Stealth, & Ultron!

Darkstar & Ursa are fun additions.
Joel
FIB

Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:23 pm

H-bird wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:38 am

Love this issue! I want Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo exactly as they appear here. Those two are definitely making my top 10 this year - easily some of the most badly needed villains.
I really want every costumed character from Armor Wars. We're getting there, but besides the more obvious absent figures, I really hope we get a classic Ghost. I personally hope that,if and when he gets made, they'll go with a white figure as opposed to translucent. I wouldn't mind a mix, if done right.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:37 pm

Hasbro put such little effort into the Stealth Iron Man that they didn't even get the bio remotely right on the back of the box. The bio is for an MCU Armor

What I actually think happened is the Mark XV armor is going to be in that Infinity Saga Iron Man 3 set that we saw listed on Amazon, and they just mixed up the bios on the box mock ups.

Hasbro puts the blurbs in the product description on the website and Stealth's reads:

"Tony Stark designed the Stealth Armor to maximize on concealment over offensive weaponry."
JRoug
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:44 pm

Legends team giving me lots of time to save up for Galactus. As a former completist, this wave is an easy pass. I imagine it's a mildly interesting but generally underwhelming wave for IM fans even. The IM figs will sell to Moms, but the rest look like clearance classics.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:50 pm

At this point, this wave is right there with the Bring On the Bad Guys wave as my most anticipated of the year.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:32 pm

Joel wrote:
H-bird wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:38 am

Love this issue! I want Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo exactly as they appear here. Those two are definitely making my top 10 this year - easily some of the most badly needed villains.
I really want every costumed character from Armor Wars. We're getting there, but besides the more obvious absent figures, I really hope we get a classic Ghost. I personally hope that,if and when he gets made, they'll go with a white figure as opposed to translucent. I wouldn't mind a mix, if done right.
With you on all of that! Would be a dream come true to get very character from Armor Wars.

Also agreed about wanting a classic Ghost. Although I love translucent plastic, so getting some kind of mix would be fun.

Akatsuki

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:33 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:Hasbro put such little effort into the Stealth Iron Man that they didn't even get the bio remotely right on the back of the box. The bio is for an MCU Armor

What I actually think happened is the Mark XV armor is going to be in that Infinity Saga Iron Man 3 set that we saw listed on Amazon, and they just mixed up the bios on the box mock ups.

Hasbro puts the blurbs in the product description on the website and Stealth's reads:

"Tony Stark designed the Stealth Armor to maximize on concealment over offensive weaponry."
Great find, Stark Resilient! That would be an interesting choice for an Iron Man 3 armor. I would have expected a more colorful armor choice so that it would stand out. But I’m always up for more armors. Weird that there would be a mixup like this.

Akatsuki

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:46 pm

I’m hoping that Hasbro is testing the waters with this Iron Man wave, similar to the Age of Apocalypse wave in 2020.

For the AoA wave, Hasbro included a couple really eye-catching characters like Sunfire and Dark Beast, but they deliberately left out major characters like Magneto, Cyclops, Sabretooth, and Holocaust. And left out fan-favorite cross over characters like Iceman and Night Crawler. So that leaves fans begging for another AoA wave.

So for Iron Man, Hasbro included fan favorites like Modular Armor Iron Man and classic Ultron, and added an army builder like Guardsman for good measure. But that leaves out some characters that would have seemed obvious for an Iron Man wave, like Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Mandarin, Whiplash, Madame Masque, etc.

So hopefully this wave is setting up more waves and fan anticipation like the AoA wave. Fingers crossed!

Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:46 pm

Akatsuki wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:46 pm
I’m hoping that Hasbro is testing the waters with this Iron Man wave, similar to the Age of Apocalypse wave in 2020.

For the AoA wave, Hasbro included a couple really eye-catching characters like Sunfire and Dark Beast, but they deliberately left out major characters like Magneto, Cyclops, Sabretooth, and Holocaust. And left out fan-favorite cross over characters like Iceman and Night Crawler. So that leaves fans begging for another AoA wave.

So for Iron Man, Hasbro included fan favorites like Modular Armor Iron Man and classic Ultron, and added an army builder like Guardsman for good measure. But that leaves out some characters that would have seemed obvious for an Iron Man wave, like Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Mandarin, Whiplash, Madame Masque, etc.

So hopefully this wave is setting up more waves and fan anticipation like the AoA wave. Fingers crossed!

Not sure if I've pointed this out here, but it's interesting to me that Iron Man is kind of following the F4 release schedule. Both started off in Walgreens and then got BaF waves. F4 is going to have the Retro wave this year, so maybe Iron Man will have next year's. This wave just doesn't accomplish enough to be a one off kind of thing. A one off Iron Man wave with no Mandarin, in the same year that the he will be the villain in an MCU movie, seems particularly insane considering how desperately we need a Legends upgrade. Just feels like they're saving him for a Retro wave. I'd say the same about Blacklash as well.. Plus, with an Armor Wars and Ironheart D+ series in the works, I'm sure they'll want to get these characters out there.
Beamish
CROM!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:43 pm

A second Iron Man wave dedicated to Armor Wars would be awesome. Armor Wars could carry a couple of waves:
The Captain - Stave Rogers
Hawkeye - classic update
Mockingbord - classic
Tigra - update
Wonder Man - WCA update
Stingray
Shockwave
Crimson Dynamo
Titanium Man
Controller
Mauler
Fixer