ML Retro Spider-Man Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man Series

Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:06 pm

BAF is one of my favs, but that didn't stop me from wanting a classic Lizard. I still like the BAF a lot, but those knees are frustratingly limited, and a more classic head sculpt is certainly welcome.
TheeCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:43 pm

I’m shocked at how small the retro card for the Lizard is. I had it next to the 3.75 Sentinel and it looks puny in comparison.

This figure is everything though. The ugly ass headsculpt is so well done. Wish his jaw moved though.
Jase
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:40 pm

My Lizard order arrived from Walmart today, shipped in a plastic garbage bag mailer. The card is all bent up - I'm an opener anyway but I do like to keep the cards to these retro figures.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:45 pm

I ordered 2 Lizards, but only 1 shipped. Like others, it came in a bubble mailer, but the package was mint. I haven't been keeping most of the retro Spidey figures carded, but I plan on doing that with this one. I really want to open him up, but I'm afraid when me second ships, it will arrive damaged.

This seems like the first ever Lizard figure that I'm actually happy with. I love classic look.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:48 pm

My Lizard shipment has moved from today, to Tuesday, now to Sunday... eh, when it gets here it gets here. I'll be happy to have it.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:00 pm

I actually ordered four Lizards. One definitely to keep carded, a couple to display with each head, and one more for shits and giggles. All four came in one box, stacked one on top of another. One had a minor crease, one had a slightly bent corner, but all bubbles were flawless and everything else was completely intact. It becomes a numbers game when I order as many as I do; one is bound to be a MOC keeper.
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:10 pm

My Lizard arrived today, and looked like it was either halfway through a transformation itself, or had just completed a run-in with Spidey. Good thing I'm an OOB collector!
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:40 pm

I was under the impression that more units of the Cel Shaded 90’s Animated Spider-Man would be sold during the fall Collector Con event. Was that in error?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lucid Silverback esq.
Feces Flinger

Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:30 pm

panther10 wrote:
I was under the impression that more units of the Cel Shaded 90’s Animated Spider-Man would be sold during the fall Collector Con event. Was that in error?
When I completed my preorder for Star-lord yesterday, the WM site displayed that cel-shaded Spider-Man with an active preorder button so, I'm guessing he already sold through if he's no longer available.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:40 pm

Lucid Silverback esq. wrote:
panther10 wrote:
When I completed my preorder for Star-lord yesterday, the WM site displayed that cel-shaded Spider-Man with an active preorder button so, I'm guessing he already sold through if he's no longer available.
I saw that as well while ordering Star-Lord yesterday. I tried to add one to my cart and it gave me an error, so he definitely wasn’t available right around 10am.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:14 pm

Walmart really forces your hand into opening the figure when they ship it in a paper mailer. Idiots.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:29 pm

H-bird wrote:
Lucid Silverback esq. wrote:
panther10 wrote:
I saw that as well while ordering Star-Lord yesterday. I tried to add one to my cart and it gave me an error, so he definitely wasn’t available right around 10am.
Well at least I’m not the only one having issues. I’ve tried making multiple frenzied attempts to add this to my cart, thinking that it’s nothing more than a momentary glitch - to no avail. To add insult to injury, I keep getting email alerts from Walmart informing me that the figure is available to purchase since I’ve shown interest in it in the past only to encounter the same stupid error when I add it to my cart. Seriously Walmart, get your shit together and stop acting like the snake that chokes on its own tail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:32 pm

My 4 Lizards arrived yesterday in a box just big enough for them to fit. 1 card was warped. 2 had minor blemishes on the card & blister, but 1 was minty fresh thank goodness. I'm more of a fan of the McFarlane & animated designs, but this figure is just so much fun.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:54 pm

I was going through the paces of getting Lizard free from his packaging. Then I looked down where I had set the accessories & found his spare head was lined up with his tail... It has absolutely ruined me. I kinda want to buy another just to make Lizard's sidekick Snake.Image

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:00 pm

There's my nightmare for tonight.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”