ML Retro Spider-Man Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man Series

Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:47 pm

Lizard in stock with some UK sites now - got my order in, and it’ll hopefully be delivered early next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:18 pm

Just got Rhino in the mail today. Haven’t opened him yet but he looks spot on - despite having the BAF all these years I’m excited to get him in this most classic rendition. I’ve also recently started rewatching Spider-Man: the Animated Series and I would totally buy one based on the design and proportions he has in the show.

Excited to see Lizard shipping soon! They’ve been showing a lot of love to Spidey villains the last few years with very few misses and he looks like another winner.
joedick
Avengers Assemble

Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:25 pm

Argh. So my Walmart account was compromised overnight last Thurs night and someone made a $350 order on a 3rd party item. I called WM right away Friday morning, before the item had shipped. They told me I'd get a refund within 48-72 hrs. Called again yesterday, refund is coming in 24-48 hrs. Now they're saying because the item has shipped I have to go through my credit card to get the money back.

I managed to convince WM to not suspend my account so I can still get my Lizard and animated Spidey, but I'm guessing the CC company is going to cancel my card once I report it so I won't be able to get the figures anyway :/ Anybody know if there's anything I can do before I call to protect the orders? Is it guaranteed my card will be cancelled?
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:58 pm

Probably. You should just be able to change/update the credit card tied to the order.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:39 pm

joedick wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:25 pm
Argh. So my Walmart account was compromised overnight last Thurs night and someone made a $350 order on a 3rd party item. I called WM right away Friday morning, before the item had shipped. They told me I'd get a refund within 48-72 hrs. Called again yesterday, refund is coming in 24-48 hrs. Now they're saying because the item has shipped I have to go through my credit card to get the money back.

I managed to convince WM to not suspend my account so I can still get my Lizard and animated Spidey, but I'm guessing the CC company is going to cancel my card once I report it so I won't be able to get the figures anyway :/ Anybody know if there's anything I can do before I call to protect the orders? Is it guaranteed my card will be cancelled?
Unfortunately Walmart doesn't have a way to change payment info the last time I checked. I lost my credit card and had to get a new # issued and lost all my Walmart pre-orders. I would probably be more wary of identify theft than your pre-order and start changing all your ecome passwords.
El Honez
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:09 pm

I ended up getting Rhino, more for FOMO since I held on to my old ToyBiz one.

Short Review: I like the figure a lot.

I think I'm going to keep both. I still like the texture, size and articulation scheme of the ToyBiz Rhino better. But I appreciate the brightness of the Hasbro figure, and the paint applications on the face are actually better than ToyBiz's. Aesthetically, the ToyBiz Rhino also has those exposed peg holes, so the Hasbro figure ends up looking much "cleaner" overall.
joedick
Avengers Assemble

Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:49 pm

mattmurdog wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:39 pm
Unfortunately Walmart doesn't have a way to change payment info the last time I checked. I lost my credit card and had to get a new # issued and lost all my Walmart pre-orders. I would probably be more wary of identify theft than your pre-order and start changing all your ecome passwords.
Yeah, I called WM to see what I can do about my orders if my card is cancelled and they can't change the pay method. They seemed convinced that since the payment has already been authorized, the charge will be forwarded to the new card and that they probably won't cancel my card since it was the WM account that was hacked and the CC wasn't compromised (not sure I'm buying that).

Still, they escalated my case again because apparently it wasn't clear from the notes that it was someone else who bought the item, not me (even though I explained it a number of times). The person who bought it is easily identifiable online too, though maybe that's some sort of spoof...I mean it's gotta be, right?

Hopefully the new person I deal with won't suspend my account, or maybe I should just call the CC instead of waiting a few days on the chance that WM might maybe refund. Anyways, there's worse things in the world than losing a few preorders. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself!

I'm not too concerned about identity theft as I generally have different PWs for most sites and don't save CC info if at all possible. Still, good advice to go through different sites to make sure...
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:29 pm

If your card is saved to your Walmart account - most of the details are obfuscated (even to you, who owns the account) so that a random user can't log in and pull the details. Most sites ask you to verify the security code on the back, even if the card is saved. Amazon doesn't and will just process an order with a single click. It's possible that's what the person who hacked your account did - they can make orders from your account but not copy your details - in theory. It may still be possible to see this information by "updating credit card information". I'd put you at 50/50 for your credit card being compromised. Your bank may just recommend canceling the card to be safe.

What's interesting is that you should be able to see the details of the order, including where the item is being shipped to. This is enough of a trail to vigilante justice whoever hacked your account. Kinda dumb of the criminal to leave such a trail.
Popoman
CROM?

Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:08 pm

Enforcer wrote:
If your card is saved to your Walmart account - most of the details are obfuscated (even to you, who owns the account) so that a random user can't log in and pull the details. Most sites ask you to verify the security code on the back, even if the card is saved. Amazon doesn't and will just process an order with a single click. It's possible that's what the person who hacked your account did - they can make orders from your account but not copy your details - in theory. It may still be possible to see this information by "updating credit card information". I'd put you at 50/50 for your credit card being compromised. Your bank may just recommend canceling the card to be safe.

What's interesting is that you should be able to see the details of the order, including where the item is being shipped to. This is enough of a trail to vigilante justice whoever hacked your account. Kinda dumb of the criminal to leave such a trail.
one time someone hacked my Chewy.com account and ordered pet food but they forgot to change the address so it shipped to me

Another time someone hacked my Wal-Mart account and TRIED to buy a bunch of stuff, but I guess they couldn't do it because they never checked out. I just logged in one day and found a bunch of stuff in my cart and my address had been changed to what I presume is their own. So anyway, I have their address and they didn't get anything out of it.
joedick
Avengers Assemble

Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:10 am

Enforcer wrote:
Oh, totally. In fact, I can look the guy up on an online phone book and the address is a perfect match. Part of me thinks that must be part of the scam, it seems crazy that anybody would be that brazen about it. Like, they could've just left my name on it, though maybe that would've been a hassle for parcel pickup.

This whole thing could've been avoided if WM just cancelled the order when I first called, instead they sat on it and let it get delivered. The person who called me back today said I was given incorrect information when I was told I could get a refund, which is insane that I was told that on two separate occasions! Anyways. At least I'm almost there, just have to try to get through to the bank...I just got kicked off the line cause there were too many people in the queue.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:18 am

joedick wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:10 am
Enforcer wrote:
Oh, totally. In fact, I can look the guy up on an online phone book and the address is a perfect match. Part of me thinks that must be part of the scam, it seems crazy that anybody would be that brazen about it. Like, they could've just left my name on it, though maybe that would've been a hassle for parcel pickup.

This whole thing could've been avoided if WM just cancelled the order when I first called, instead they sat on it and let it get delivered. The person who called me back today said I was given incorrect information when I was told I could get a refund, which is insane that I was told that on two separate occasions! Anyways. At least I'm almost there, just have to try to get through to the bank...I just got kicked off the line cause there were too many people in the queue.
I think it was actually my bank who ended up reversing the transaction when my credit card was last compromised. It was a bit different because the card was used to buy something from Walmart, not through my account (where I could see the order details). I tried to get cute and ask Walmart to give me the details of the order by giving them the order time, amount and transaction ID. No luck, I'd love to have a name/address to associate with someone who was attempting to rip me off. I'm a bit jealous of your situation because you have some info - I wouldn't be able to resist [email protected]#$ with them.

I remember when I saw the fraudulent charge on my credit card I did also try to let Walmart know so they could intervene on the order - specifically because I knew my bank was going to reverse it. It was around $600, and something like that doesn't even really register with Walmart loss prevention.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:13 am

You guys need stronger passwords.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:31 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:
It's... ugh... more embarrassing than that. I tried to buy the Select Titanium Man from a website that was loaded with red flags that it had been hacked. The price was just too good.

It was too good!!!!!
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

ML Retro Spider-Man Series

Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:44 am

Enforcer wrote:
TheSameIdiot wrote:
It's... ugh... more embarrassing than that. I tried to buy the Select Titanium Man from a website that was loaded with red flags that it had been hacked. The price was just too good.

It was too good!!!!!
Well then I’d like to sign you up for this 12 week risk aversion seminar for only $10…

(per minute)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:18 pm

My Rhino figure from the Gamestop sale arrived last night. hard to believe i finally have a complete version of this guy after having just the torso (x 2!) and one leg for so many years after purchasing Misty, White Tiger, and modern Kraven.

While naturally the figure seems outdated in a few ways (especially those knees), he can get into a charging pose which is really all i need.

Looking forward to taking some pics of this guy with spidey, hulk, and "me and the boys" i guess.

also gonna have to find room for this guy on an already-crowded spidey villain shelf, but thats more of a "fun" type of problem, well maybe.

the lizard looks great, i'm pretty happy with the BAF but will probably shell out for the more classic version if the price drops a little bit.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”