ML Retro Spider-Man Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Garden State
Posts: 41376
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:25 pm

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Sat May 28, 2022 4:57 am

I love everything on that Lizard. But his classic head eyes are a little too Muppet. I can’t not picture him in the rival band to Emmit Otter’s jugband. This is not necessarily a flaw.
User avatar
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1783
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:59 am

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Sat May 28, 2022 5:11 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 4:11 am
Anyone know why bendy wire parts always have little holes cut into the plastic every few inches? I've now seen bendy wire parts from several different companies and they ALL use those holes.
Manufacturing process. Those holes are where pins hold the wire frame in the molding process.

After the material cools/cures, it gets popped out. In some cases the pins withdraw before ejection, in other cases the piece is ejected away from the pins by a pusher which leave marks of its own.

Either way, its hardened with the bracing pinhole intact.

When I was a li'l Molly, I thought they were air holes to keep the toy flexible. All my Gumby and Pokey stuff had them, and a Bugs bendy toy.
User avatar
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1806
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:08 am

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Sat May 28, 2022 6:48 am

Isn’t there a Werewolf by Night Halloween special this year? Or is that next year?
User avatar
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 655
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:29 pm

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Sat May 28, 2022 7:44 am

MollyMillions wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 5:11 am
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 4:11 am
Anyone know why bendy wire parts always have little holes cut into the plastic every few inches? I've now seen bendy wire parts from several different companies and they ALL use those holes.
Manufacturing process. Those holes are where pins hold the wire frame in the molding process.

After the material cools/cures, it gets popped out. In some cases the pins withdraw before ejection, in other cases the piece is ejected away from the pins by a pusher which leave marks of its own.

Either way, its hardened with the bracing pinhole intact.

When I was a li'l Molly, I thought they were air holes to keep the toy flexible. All my Gumby and Pokey stuff had them, and a Bugs bendy toy.
Wow, thanks for that info! I've always wondered about that, but never enough to look it up apparently.

I also had a bendy Bugs and a Gumby and Pokey, and they always come to mind when I get a new toy with a bendy tail or tentacles or what have you. Because of them, I find one pose for a bendy part and never change it. I treated Bugs like an action figure (he was a main character in my play stories) and his leg wires snapped pretty early on. Back then I thought the holes were from the wire poking through the rubber, and I was like, "I don't remember that happening."
User avatar
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 10733
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:46 pm

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Sat May 28, 2022 11:07 pm

NORM wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 4:57 am
I love everything on that Lizard. But his classic head eyes are a little too Muppet. I can’t not picture him in the rival band to Emmit Otter’s jugband. This is not necessarily a flaw.
I'm actually torn on which head I want to display.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3402
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:57 am

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Sat May 28, 2022 11:45 pm

Did lizard already went up for pre roders?
User avatar
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3662
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:02 am

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Sat May 28, 2022 11:57 pm

Threash wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 11:45 pm
Did lizard already went up for pre roders?
I don't believe so. I think people are expecting it to go up during Wal-Marts next collector con event which is sometime in July.
StjJames
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Posts: 3427
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Sun May 29, 2022 12:29 am

Super Camel wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 11:57 pm
Threash wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 11:45 pm
Did lizard already went up for pre roders?
I don't believe so. I think people are expecting it to go up during Wal-Marts next collector con event which is sometime in July.
I really hope this figure shows up in the UK before July. I plan on getting mine the moment he’s available and not waiting for Walmart to put it up for preorder in July and ship in December.
User avatar
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 10733
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:46 pm

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Sun May 29, 2022 1:22 am

I hope he's as easy to pre-order as Dr. Strange. When is that stupid collector con thing for Walmart? And how come I can't find a link to it on the app?
User avatar
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader
Location: I'm with Iron Man.
Posts: 20574
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:17 am

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Sun May 29, 2022 3:19 am

NORM wrote:I love everything on that Lizard. But his classic head eyes are a little too Muppet. I can’t not picture him in the rival band to Emmit Otter’s jugband. This is not necessarily a flaw.
Riverbottom Nightmare Band! I love it.

Yes, classic Lizard looks fantastic!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
User avatar
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Southcoast, MA
Posts: 4396
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:03 am

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Sun May 29, 2022 3:50 am

Akatsuki wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 3:19 am
NORM wrote:I love everything on that Lizard. But his classic head eyes are a little too Muppet. I can’t not picture him in the rival band to Emmit Otter’s jugband. This is not necessarily a flaw.
Riverbottom Nightmare Band! I love it.

Yes, classic Lizard looks fantastic!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Now I desperately want Emmet Otter toys (although I've wanted them for years). That's one of my favorite Christmas specials and it doesn't come close to getting the proper praise.

As far as the Lizard, I love the classic head and won't even consider displaying him without it. He also makes the last figure I need to consider my Spidey rogues complete, so I'm extra excited for him.
User avatar
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles - City of Fallen Angels
Posts: 10946
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:01 am

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Sun May 29, 2022 6:03 am

100ptsofarticulation wrote:I hope he's as easy to pre-order as Dr. Strange. When is that stupid collector con thing for Walmart? And how come I can't find a link to it on the app?
Some time in July. I don’t believe they’ve officially announced it yet, so it’s not on their app. Probably won’t be until a week or a few days before it actually happens.
User avatar
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 11325
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:17 am

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Sun May 29, 2022 6:06 am

Ash Talon wrote:
100ptsofarticulation wrote:I hope he's as easy to pre-order as Dr. Strange. When is that stupid collector con thing for Walmart? And how come I can't find a link to it on the app?
Some time in July. I don’t believe they’ve officially announced it yet, so it’s not on their app. Probably won’t be until a week or a few days before it actually happens.
I've heard collector con in july , probably around sdcc

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk


thekunk2075
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:25 pm

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Sun May 29, 2022 1:34 pm

man I love Emmitt otter. and lizard is up July 21
User avatar
crackhead9000
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 3492
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:36 am

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Sun May 29, 2022 3:51 pm

I wish Lizard were a smidge taller, but he's otherwise perfect and I certainly won't complain once he's in hand.

The new Rhino is fantastic. I think that the two headsculpts may be Hasbro's strongest portraits yet.

Image

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”