ML Retro Spider-Man figures

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:59 pm

I get all the way to check out most of the time after getting app alerts. Then my cart gets "modified" and items are then saved for later.

It was funny though, after missing Hobgoblin and Reilly yet again, I checked to see if Armored was in stock, and it was. I ordered two WHILE HUNTING IN TARGET IN PERSON.
FlexionDynamo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:51 am

nilocomic wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:48 pm
Feels like multiples of any figure is a necessity to have any hope of getting good paint apps.

I don't usually have too many problems or gripes, but they were just bad. Crooked emblem, splotchy and thin white application, etc.

It's a black and white figure! I'm not a big critic in anyway on $20 toys hand painted in China, I was just over it. Plus I made a couple dollars to cover the gas.

I'll be much more diligent in the future now that my collection is maturing and filling out. I'm looking at you Hobgoblin...
VeganDiet
Super Poseable

Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:02 am

Can anyone whose been customizing their Shocker with coloring in the sculpted lines, let me know what they've been using for that? I know someone mentioned like gundam pens or something, but I have absolutely no experience with them, so any recommendations regarding that would be great.
Nik
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:14 am

Got Shocker ordered from Target.com 2 days ago, got Armored Spider-Man this morning also through the website, and then tonight I walked into Target and saw 5 Hobgoblins lined up in the baby toy section. I'm all done with this wave, and only 3 months early!
FlexionDynamo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:43 am

VeganDiet wrote:
Can anyone whose been customizing their Shocker with coloring in the sculpted lines, let me know what they've been using for that? I know someone mentioned like gundam pens or something, but I have absolutely no experience with them, so any recommendations regarding that would be great.
Its a super thin tipped paint pen. Buy one on amazon and give it a go
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:11 am

FlexionDynamo wrote:
VeganDiet wrote:
I suggest using brown on warm colors.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:02 am

Nebraska wrote:
FlexionDynamo wrote:
VeganDiet wrote:

I agree, I honestly don't think those whove used black look that great. The contrast just looks too great. Brown looks way better

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TheeCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:41 pm

Absolutely.

Also - I couldn’t stand the Spider Armor with black eyes. Needed it to be as close to WoS #100 as possible so chromed out the eyes. Not for everyone but I love it.
Jase
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:14 am

I had everything I wanted from this wave preordered with Amazon, but found Hammer Head and Shocker in store at Target so I grabbed those. Then earlier this week, I was able to order Ben Spidey and Hobgoblin on the Target app and already received them. Hobgoblin was delivered the day after I ordered it! I canceled all of my Amazon preorders except for two Symbiote Spideys since I haven’t found those at Target yet.
VeganDiet
Super Poseable

Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:13 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:02 am
Nebraska wrote:
FlexionDynamo wrote:

I agree, I honestly don't think those whove used black look that great. The contrast just looks too great. Brown looks way better

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Is there a specific brand I should look into?
EraserMachine
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:54 am

Managed to order the wave and some doubles on DS before the price increase and the increased requirement for free shipping, so I'm good with waiting on them. Overall I think this wave came out pretty great, don't really need armor Spidey or Reilly, but they look good. I like how Hobgoblin came out, not the best but enough to replace him with my TB one.

I'll keep following this Spidey retro line even though I really slowed down on Legends, probably even more so this year.
Child_of_the_90's
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:03 am

TheeCollector wrote:Absolutely.

Also - I couldn’t stand the Spider Armor with black eyes. Needed it to be as close to WoS #100 as possible so chromed out the eyes. Not for everyone but I love it.
This looks far better.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:02 pm

Has anyone seen this wave at Walmart yet? Or does anyone know how they're receiving and tracking the wave, i.e. under individual figure SKUs because they're getting solid cases or one for the whole wave because they're getting assortment cases? Getting symbiote and Ben are a problem, so I'm widening my search to Walmart. I've found individual SKUs for those two, but I'm not sure they're the SKUs they're actually tracking the figures under:

Symbiote: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =798410006

Ben: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =644515093
kojigritton
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:46 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:Has anyone seen this wave at Walmart yet? Or does anyone know how they're receiving and tracking the wave, i.e. under individual figure SKUs because they're getting solid cases or one for the whole wave because they're getting assortment cases? Getting symbiote and Ben are a problem, so I'm widening my search to Walmart. I've found individual SKUs for those two, but I'm not sure they're the SKUs they're actually tracking the figures under:

I think I saw on Toy Shiz’s Instagram or one of the Legends Facebook groups that this wave was found, as an assorted case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:51 pm

kojigritton wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:46 pm
EnigmaticClarity wrote:Has anyone seen this wave at Walmart yet? Or does anyone know how they're receiving and tracking the wave, i.e. under individual figure SKUs because they're getting solid cases or one for the whole wave because they're getting assortment cases? Getting symbiote and Ben are a problem, so I'm widening my search to Walmart. I've found individual SKUs for those two, but I'm not sure they're the SKUs they're actually tracking the figures under:

I think I saw on Toy Shiz’s Instagram or one of the Legends Facebook groups that this wave was found, as an assorted case

Just found it on the Legends Facebook group. No SKU listed, so I asked the poster if there's one on his receipt.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3939710 ... 744277446/

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”