ML Retro Spider-Man figures

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:32 pm

It’s probably a regional thing. I mean within the city itself there’s approximately 4 million people living in that area and there are upwards of 8 million in the combined greater metropolitan/suburban parts of cook county, so it’s no surprise that we have a few testy customer service reps who don’t wish to help one measly customer over the phone when they are being bombarded with tens of thousands of customers that are in their stores on a daily basis. But yeah this is all moot as I decided to exclusively shop online for nearly 20 years now. After being dogged by empty store shelves at places like FAO, KayBee and TRU as a kid, to not having much more luck at places like Target or Walmart as an adult, places like BBTS have been my one bright star. I wouldn’t be much of a toy collector at all if I had to strictly rely on shopping at retail stores in my hometown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:08 pm

panther10 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:29 pm
I live in downtown Skokie.

Skokie, IL? Isn't there a Barbershop Quartet from Skokie? Or was that all hearsay and rumor?
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:44 pm

sepster wrote:
panther10 wrote:

Skokie, IL? Isn't there a Barbershop Quartet from Skokie? Or was that all hearsay and rumor?
None that I know of.

sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:49 pm

panther10 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:44 pm
sepster wrote:
panther10 wrote:

None that I know of.

docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:01 pm

If popfinder's accurate, every Target I've ever gone to has Symbiote Spidey cases, sporadic with everyone else (one lonely Ben about fifteen miles away, which tells me the case probably did end up on the shelves). I'm really hoping Symbiote is easy to get - such a classic version of Peter should be one of those figures anyone can nab if they want him. (I've got a Pulse preorder but Symbiote and Ben are the two I absolutely am chomping at the bit for... the rest I'm okay waiting til whenever they ship, though if I see Hammerhead on a shelf I'll be very motivated to pick him up, because the old one on the basic suit body is so meh.)
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:07 pm

docsilence wrote:
I'm really hoping Symbiote is easy to get

He won't be unless you're paying very close attention at Target over the next few weeks or other retailers over the next few months. He and Ben Reilly will be two of the most in-demand figures of the year just like retro Spidey was in 2020.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:07 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:07 pm
docsilence wrote:
I'm really hoping Symbiote is easy to get

He won't be unless you're paying very close attention at Target over the next few weeks or other retailers over the next few months. He and Ben Reilly will be two of the most in-demand figures of the year just like retro Spidey was in 2020.
More hopeful for everyone else than myself - I have a preorder in, so I'm just being impatient at this point. It'd be nice for folks to not have to struggle to find one of his best costume looks but I know they'll get wiped out everywhere. It's just too good a figure to not.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:22 pm

I'm not a huge Ben Reilly fan so I didn't have a great guess about him until the Mafex Ben Reilly came out. That thing evaporated immediately everywhere that sold it, so I assume that'll happen to the Legends version as well.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:35 pm

My Target stocked Symbiote Spider-Man today. 2 down, 4 to go.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:40 am

My special lady is an angel. She made a quick trip to Target for some groceries and decided to look for the retro Spidey wave for me while she was there. She did the normal hunting on the main aisles and endcaps, but then she went beyond a normal person’s efforts, maybe even some collectors. She saw an employee working in toys and asked about symbiote Spidey since it was on the app and showed in stock but was not available for pickup. The employee happily agreed to help and found an entire, unopened case of symbiote Spidey on a cart for the toy reset. He let her pick what she wanted (would have given her the whole case because he was friendly and had no qualms about it). Just an amazing job by her and some real support from a Target employee.
CapnKngaroo
Super Poseable

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:51 am

I can’t get Popfindr to work unless there’s a link to the item. Just putting the numbers in on the site comes up with a target has hidden stock window or something along those lines
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:54 am

All of my stores are now showing 2 of Mark 1 armor after having Shocker all week. No others. And it still sucks that you can't do online order for pickup when they have less than 3 in inventory. :evil:
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:55 am

CapnKngaroo wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:51 am
I can’t get Popfindr to work unless there’s a link to the item. Just putting the numbers in on the site comes up with a target has hidden stock window or something along those lines

If you're entering a DPCI then that's why. Target stopped reporting inventory for DPCIs in early 2021; you can only look up by TCIN now.
youngbloodsc
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:19 am

Man, is EE ever getting these in? I ordered from there since they usually get stuff first.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:53 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:54 am
All of my stores are now showing 2 of Mark 1 armor after having Shocker all week. No others. And it still sucks that you can't do online order for pickup when they have less than 3 in inventory. :evil:
My store is showing 2 of Mark 1 & Hobgoblin. Seems strange to only have 2 of each...

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”