ML Retro Spider-Man figures

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
FlexionDynamo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:23 pm

dorksidetoys wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:51 am
The shipping rates are a [email protected]#k at the moment. I'm rewriting them now for a second time this year.

We had some pretty big losses last year on shipping related costs and simply can not afford to continue to sell at MSRP and offer those rates.
Same boat buddy. Brutal. I'm at the point I'm weighing my boxes to see where I can shave an ounce or two per unit when I re-order supplies!
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:25 pm

dorksidetoys wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:51 am
christianpyro wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:04 am
TheCollector1999 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:42 am
Your mileage may very but I just checked dorkside to see what it would cost me to ship one figure and it was 6/7 ish so not great but at least not ten dollars
I live on the west coast, which probably accounts for the difference in cost.
The shipping rates are a [email protected]#k at the moment. I'm rewriting them now for a second time this year.

We had some pretty big losses last year on shipping related costs and simply can not afford to continue to sell at MSRP and offer those rates. The margins on Hasbro goods are really not great. And while we're a direct Hasbro account holder, the companies we're competing against for the most part are paying significantly less for their goods than we do. There's a reason why EE can afford to pay affiliate commissions to every guy on YouTube.

With potential further price increases on the horizon, we're probably going to move to a model similar to BBTS where we upcharge on product and then lower our shipping rates. There is a free shipping option now and it's set at $150 but in all likelihood that will go away and we'll do more targeted free shipping items (case packs & sets).
That's unfortunate...definitely want to support you over some other retailers, but the way prices are rising across the board, a lot of us are going to be gradually forced out of this game altogether, and I'm hoping that doesn't impact your business too much.
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:31 pm

Anyone else notice Brickseek only shows one location now, instead of listing out others?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Diddy310
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:38 pm

Looks like my store got Shocker in the lottery.

Whole wave is spread across the state at least and it's not everyone getting the same thing like Rogue and Cyclops
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:45 pm

Checked popfindr with the TCINS this morning and one target in my area had a full case of black suit spidey. My lovely girlfriend was nice enough to stop by and pick one up for me. I’m smack dab in the middle of the country btw, so these should be mostly everywhere
mister garbage
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:49 pm

So... my 4 figs from Dorkside arrived today (Hammerhead, Armored Spidey, Symbiote Spidey, Ben Reilly).

Hammerhead - Great. Exactly what I expected.
Armored Spidey - Also great. Happy to have this figure. Really fun.

Symbiote - Has a gouge on the top of his head. Not overly-distracting, but it's all I can see.
Ben Reilly - That damned web on his face is off-center. Same thing that happened with my Web-Man. I've not opened it and will likely return once I find a replacement. Drives me insane.
Blackagar Boltagon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:14 pm

I stopped by Target last night since I saw on their app they had Shocker. It wasn't out on the floor, so I asked at the front desk. The guy pulled up the DPCI and it really confused him because his device said he had the item in stock, but the stock count was zero. His only suggestion was to look through the collectible section. Not a big disappointment since I have it on preorder, but I thought it'd be nice to pick one out in person.
VeganDiet
Super Poseable

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:30 pm

I don’t suppose anyone that’s ordered the full set as one order from Dorksidetoys has gotten theirs yet? I’m worried that they’ve been kinda screwed over by hasbro again like with the NWH wave
OhmaTime
HULK SMASH!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:41 pm

I ordered the Symbiote for myself which shipped, and a full case for a friends birthday, which still hasn't shipped.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:44 pm

The app is showing Hammerhead as in stock at my Target, but it won't allow me to order it for store pickup. I was hoping another would show up today as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:40 pm

VeganDiet wrote:I don’t suppose anyone that’s ordered the full set as one order from Dorksidetoys has gotten theirs yet? I’m worried that they’ve been kinda screwed over by hasbro again like with the NWH wave
I have a full set on order and nothing yet. I imagine they won’t ship out sets until they start getting mixed cases from Hasbro, which makes sense.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:03 pm

Every time I see Web-Man pegwarming amongst the retro card figures I hate it a little bit more for having web crawling hands and my fave version of that body. It’s such a ugly hue that I can’t even want it as a novelty character because it just reminds me how much I want a classic colours figure on that body.

I reckon they’ll do it at some point in a repack or combo with some web accessories or 2-pack to go with an obscure seller, but when they made Web-man, Frog Man, White Rabbit… what kind of obscure pick would they feel the need to pack in with the figure it’s easy money to release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlexionDynamo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:13 pm

Skipped lunch to go out hunting today on my break.

Found SSM and MK1 Armor on the pallet at Target. I was very happy and hungry.
elvis8batman
CROM!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:42 pm

I got hobgoblin and having him open and in hand, I think I’m happier with the previous release. I want my collection to be as classic and comic accurate as possible, and he is a miss for me. I’m thinking of just sculpting the eyebrows to match the comic design and just putting that head on the previous version and selling the rest as custom parts.
KCE83
HULK SMASH!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:44 pm

My local Target only got Hammerhead, so I picked him up. Some of the joints were stuck (nothing a hot water bath couldn’t fix) so watch out for that. He’s a great big bruiser of a figure, I might grab another to customize into a suited Tombstone. The head sculpt reminds me of Tiny Ron Taylor (Lothar in The Rocketeer), it has a lot of personality and is a definite upgrade from the one that came with Chameleon.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”