ML Retro Spider-Man figures

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
FlexionDynamo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:52 pm

100ptsofarticulation wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:25 am
MLNUT wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:03 am
Why the heck is Target all of a sudden getting full cases of single characters????? If I had to guess, they are forcing collectors to drive around. Thankfully I only want Shocker.
I have a theory.

They're employees complained about having to go to the back to pick out one figure, bosses agreed with the complaints and asked hasbro to eliminate the full wave concept.
Hardly. Likely due to factories getting product runs out faster to streamline fulfilment and shipping for big box stores and distributors.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:56 pm

rwsharpjr wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:22 pm
Andru wrote:Only product page I can find on Target from this wave is Armored Spider-Man...
Under filters, choose "shipping and pickup" and "include out of stock"

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Ah, thank you!

And thank you as well EC!
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:49 pm

The Target reset date is this Sunday. My Target completed its reset last week and there are lots of empty pegs.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

FlexionDynamo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:11 pm

I hit up another Target on lunch. The back room is packed and "in-transition" Shouldn't be much longer till everything is flowing out to the shelves.

This one had some new Revelations and Retro Spider-man in the back room but the couldn't get to the Hasbro stuff yet.
thekunk2075
CROM!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:57 pm

MaximumCrapping wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:30 am
Shocker TCIN is 84155468
Hammerhead is 84155465
Symbiote Spiderman is 84155455
Ben Reilly is 84155442
Mk 1 Armor is 84155469
Hobgoblin is 84155462
pop finds shows full cases of all but hobgoblin at all targets within 20 miles of me
scottg10
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:45 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:28 pm
I use Google search myself--if you put "site:target.com" at the end of your search terms it isolates its search to just the web site you specify. So typing into Google "marvel legends symbiote spider-man site:target.com" will find the listing page at Target. This works for every major retailer, not just Target, and I use it for Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, etc. I can also use it for some fan channel sites. I know it works with BBTS, although for whatever reason I've not had much luck using it with Dorkside. It's a great general-purpose search tool to know exists that I've used dozens or hundreds of times for sites far beyond action figures.
This is a great tip! Thanks.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:56 am

Target had like 8 Hammerheads, 1 Shocker and 1 Hobgoblin. Annoying how these are being distributed.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:35 am

I saw Dorkside had some of these in stock, but they have changed their shipping rates. It cost $10.70 in shipping for a single figure. $12.69 and up for two figures. The free shipping threshold doesn't seem to hit until after $150 is added to your cart. I get why they have to do it, costs are rising across the board, but I hate to see it.

I had planned on canceling Hasbro Pulse and using Dorkside more instead, but It makes the store not as viable an option anymore.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:50 am

Hopefully that will be offset when they roll out their “pile of loot” equivalent. You can wrack up the smaller purchases to hit that threshold.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:42 am

Your mileage may very but I just checked dorkside to see what it would cost me to ship one figure and it was 6/7 ish so not great but at least not ten dollars
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:04 am

TheCollector1999 wrote:
Your mileage may very but I just checked dorkside to see what it would cost me to ship one figure and it was 6/7 ish so not great but at least not ten dollars
I live on the west coast, which probably accounts for the difference in cost.
Demjot
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:29 am

Dorkside is the only American online toy shop that ships to Canada for a reasonable price. Typically even better shipping costs then I get from Canadian sellers.
dorksidetoys
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:51 am

christianpyro wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:04 am
TheCollector1999 wrote:
I live on the west coast, which probably accounts for the difference in cost.
The shipping rates are a [email protected]#k at the moment. I'm rewriting them now for a second time this year.

We had some pretty big losses last year on shipping related costs and simply can not afford to continue to sell at MSRP and offer those rates. The margins on Hasbro goods are really not great. And while we're a direct Hasbro account holder, the companies we're competing against for the most part are paying significantly less for their goods than we do. There's a reason why EE can afford to pay affiliate commissions to every guy on YouTube.

With potential further price increases on the horizon, we're probably going to move to a model similar to BBTS where we upcharge on product and then lower our shipping rates. There is a free shipping option now and it's set at $150 but in all likelihood that will go away and we'll do more targeted free shipping items (case packs & sets).

Provided there are no major hiccups during testing, we're hoping to have Bounty Box live in the next 30 days. We're also revamping the entire My Account section to make it more intuitive.

And lastly before anyone asks...........no I'm sorry I don't know when (Insert your figure here) is coming:)
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:03 pm

These are hitting my area now and yesterday two Targets near me showed black Spidey in stock. The associate at the first one knew exactly what I was looking for because he had already tried helping people find the same figure.....he couldn't locate it in the back. The associate at the second one knew exactly what I was looking for because he had already tried helping people find the same figure.....he brought me to the figure aisle and was surprised that they were already all gone (that makes one of us). The guy actually did put effort into trying to track it down, so I was appreciative. He had one black Spidey and a Hobgoblin on hold for a guy in electronics and for a minute it looked like he was considering letting me have it. I told him if it's there for another guy then don't worry about it. But he took my phone number to call me in case he doesn't show. So pretty good service for that guy. The moral is if you work until 4pm, you're way too late to get this stuff. It was all good though. I did come away with a Wong, a McFarlane Battinson Batcycle, and a Spinmaster Battinson Batmobile.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:28 pm

On the one hand I'm glad Target is doing full cases of one figure on these because I can track them, and it makes sense that the stores in my area aren't getting full cases, they're getting only 2 or 3 per store after they flooded their shelves with Eternals and AoA figures that were NEVER going to sell stocking 8 per store. On the other hand the way their system works is that if there are less than 3 of an item in the store they won't allow order pickup via their web site, so having them ship partial cases to the stores means you mostly don't get the added benefit of order online, pickup in store. :evil:

Still only Shocker in my area for now, and I can see by the inventory counts people are buying them. Very annoying to have the wave figures arrive one-by-one and either miss them or be forced to make multiple trips to get them. Curious to see if they only ship partial cases for the rest of the wave for my area; I can see 15 total stores in my area that got 2 or 3 Shockers.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”