ML Retro Spider-Man figures

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
PSPS13
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:29 pm

Rob W wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:34 am
PSPS13 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:25 am
El Honez wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:07 am
I personally like to post only neutral observations of dubious value that are summarily and appropriately ignored.
How dare you?!
Outrageous.

Anyway, this wave's been moved up to December 16th on Hasbro Pulse UK (alongside most other pre-orders including stuff that was supposed to be way off like the 2 Caps, Winter Soldier, exclusive Doctor Strange, with the Skrull army builders on the 19th). Expensive!
Obviously these have been trickling out for you, but we're generally some way behind you; so I'd expect these everywhere for you imminently now.
Missed this before - that's exciting! Hopefully it means other UK sellers get their stock too, so Star can get my retro Spideys and Strange out before Christmas. I was assuming it'd be well into '22 for those.
Star are usually about a week before Pulse, aren't they- So possibly in this Friday's delivery?
There's an absolute shed load they're due any second (haven't seen what's in Wednesday yet)
Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:17 pm

PSPS13 wrote:
Rob W wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:34 am
PSPS13 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:25 am
How dare you?!
Outrageous.

Anyway, this wave's been moved up to December 16th on Hasbro Pulse UK (alongside most other pre-orders including stuff that was supposed to be way off like the 2 Caps, Winter Soldier, exclusive Doctor Strange, with the Skrull army builders on the 19th). Expensive!
Obviously these have been trickling out for you, but we're generally some way behind you; so I'd expect these everywhere for you imminently now.
Missed this before - that's exciting! Hopefully it means other UK sellers get their stock too, so Star can get my retro Spideys and Strange out before Christmas. I was assuming it'd be well into '22 for those.
Star are usually about a week before Pulse, aren't they- So possibly in this Friday's delivery?
There's an absolute shed load they're due any second (haven't seen what's in Wednesday yet)
I’d be astonished if those figures were out this Friday, when there are still figures missing from the Armadillo and F4 retro waves. Would make for an awesome early Christmas present though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PSPS13
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:41 pm

Rob W wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:17 pm
I’d be astonished if those figures were out this Friday, when there are still figures missing from the Armadillo and F4 retro waves. Would make for an awesome early Christmas present though!

True, true.
Weird that Johnny and JJJ are such holdouts. All the split distribution by Hasbro lately makes no sense when online does so much of it's business from selling full waves.

Definitely *supposed* to have this full wave within a fortnight, though (though Vulture was *supposed* to be everywhere last week and that went peculiar). We'll see!
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:03 am

This is a very highly anticipated wave for me but I’d be very ok with them not hitting for another month. The expenses the past few weeks have been no joke!
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:05 am

I should have the wave by weeks end if all goes well! :D :D
PSPS13
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:18 am

H-bird wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:03 am
This is a very highly anticipated wave for me but I’d be very ok with them not hitting for another month. The expenses the past few weeks have been no joke!
Yeah, it's been brutal. Like, panic-inducing trying to hustle and shuffle for this month. Wish, selfishly, Hasbro hadn't chartered those flights (which we all know we're gonna pay for somehow, too).
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:40 am

I would love it if these started shipping earlier than expected. I'm dyin' for the brawnier Symbiote version, and can't wait for the rest of the wave. Pulse US still has them listed as April 2022, but this is one of those waves I'll go elsewhere instead of waiting four months. (Man, Pulse has been worse than usual this year. I'd blame shipping slow-downs in general, but when ALL the other retailers are getting stuff so far ahead of them they're discounting figures before Pulse even gets them, it's hard to justify going through them anymore.)
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:54 pm

Is this the right wave for the Spidey 2099 figure? Just got mine and I'm so used to the newer versions of figures like this being more shiny/pearlescent (a la Scarlet Spider) I didn't expect him to be more muted than the original version, and I REALLY like it, almost like a satin finish. The red chest emblem is sharper too. Only thing I like better about the old one is the clawed hands - the new ones seem too big for the body, the fingers are too long. Wish they kept the sculpt of the hands in the older figure since one of my favorite aspects of 2099 is the fingertip claws and that's how I want to display him most of the time, but maybe I'll swap over to the fists instead for variety. Still, definitely a figure that holds up. Wonder if they'll do another revision when the Spider-Verse sequel is out in theaters since he looks a bit bulkier in the trailer.
The Scream Man

Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:44 am

All went well.
Very VERY well

Once I swapped out Bens head for a Spider-UK head, the the figure is great.
Black costume Spidey is JUST great. The head is perfect on it.
Hobgoblin refuses to stand on his glider but is otherwise great.
Armored Spider-Man is good, though his head lacks the range of motion on the other ones.
Hammerhead is great, and I LOVE the new big Suit body. He has a lot of character
And Shocker... man oh man Shocker. Hes unbelievably good. I DID end up panel lining him with a brown Gundam marker, which I think helps a lot, but even without it... GREAT toy.

Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:11 am

What an epic haul, Scream Man!!

Shocker and SHIELD agents, Skrulls, and the retro Scarlet Witch and Vision! Looks so cool.

Shocker looks great! One of my favorite Spidey villains. Love the panel lining you did on him.

Monkey Joe
Avengers Assemble

Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:18 am

Vision reminds me of Carrion for some reason.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:42 pm

The Scream Man wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:44 am
All went well.
Very VERY well

Once I swapped out Bens head for a Spider-UK head, the the figure is great.
Black costume Spidey is JUST great. The head is perfect on it.
Hobgoblin refuses to stand on his glider but is otherwise great.
Armored Spider-Man is good, though his head lacks the range of motion on the other ones.
Hammerhead is great, and I LOVE the new big Suit body. He has a lot of character
And Shocker... man oh man Shocker. Hes unbelievably good. I DID end up panel lining him with a brown Gundam marker, which I think helps a lot, but even without it... GREAT toy.

Do you have The Hood? Can you put the Caucasian SHIELD agent head on him to see how it looks?
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:42 pm

Anybody want a “ghost/transparent” Hammerhead?
The Scream Man

Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:42 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Do you have The Hood? Can you put the Caucasian SHIELD agent head on him to see how it looks?
Sure, though there isnt really a Caucasian head. This head looks more hispanic to me.

Its definitely got a darker skin tone than Hood. Fits ok though. A little tight to get on, but not too bad.

The African and asian heads were way better for what I wanted though.

Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:52 pm

The Scream Man wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:42 pm
Enforcer wrote:
Sure, though there isnt really a Caucasian head. This head looks more hispanic to me.

Its definitely got a darker skin tone than Hood. Fits ok though. A little tight to get on, but not too bad.

The African and asian heads were way better for what I wanted though.

Thanks for this. Skin is definitely a bit darker.

The headswap for T Challa is especially great.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics