ML Retro Spider-Man figures

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Nik
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:13 pm

I am seriously flummoxed. That was the last response I expected. I guess I just gotta keep my mouth shut from now on here. Lurk only, never make jokes, never ask questions.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:59 pm

Nik wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:13 pm
I am seriously flummoxed. That was the last response I expected. I guess I just gotta keep my mouth shut from now on here. Lurk only, never make jokes, never ask questions.
Or you could continue to take part in the forum and just not take other people's issues personally and not let them ruin your experience.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:23 pm

Nik wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:11 pm
I may re-evaluate if I even want to be a part of this forum if asking harmless questions with some humor garners a reprimand.
StjJames
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:25 pm

This retro set is my most anticipated wave of the year. Hopefully we will have in hand pics soon.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:45 pm

Yeah I'm kinda wanting this wave now. Can't wait for hammer head.

Speaking of that body, it's the same body as the Happy body correct? If so did anyone ever try the tombstone head on that body? Really want a suited tombstone.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:18 pm

I still think whoever was designing that Ben Reilly must have misplaced their best paint brush or something. Maybe it must have managed to get itself stuck behind a floorboard somewhere. I am absolutely flummoxed that this Ben Reilly is not only such a huge step down from the Mafex that just came out last month, but it can’t even hold a candle to the last legends Ben Reilly from the Absorbing man wave that was released in 2016 and that should be the only metric that matters. What the hell is going on with that sloppy excuse for a spider symbol? It looks like it was draw by an 11 year old. I’ve seen figures from the dark days of toy biz that had cleaner paint apps. This one is just unfortunate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:24 pm

Yeah that black suit spidey is easily my 2nd most wanted legend announced right now so the sooner I can get it the better
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:37 pm

Nik wrote:
Calm down, huh? I was just being humorous, not agitated. Sometimes it really seems people here have a large stick up their collective butts and are walking around all stiff trying not to break it. Loosen up a bit, I wasn't trying to offend y'all. I don't even understand the response, to be honest. A few humorous posts and I need to calm down. What did I say to elicit that?

I may re-evaluate if I even want to be a part of this forum if asking harmless questions with some humor garners a reprimand.

My friend, I have found that humor does not generally translate well when typed rather than spoken. If someone can't hear how you mean something, it can sometimes come across totally differently than in the spirit you intended. It's not just in this forum either. I find it to be the case pretty much anywhere on the web you can make a comment about something. It's happened to me several times. So try not to worry about it.

You could literally say "I love puppies!" and someone somewhere will have a problem with that statement and come back at you with a snarky reply. There's just something about the internet that brings out the judgmental side of people. On some level though we've probably all been guilty of it at one time or another.
Thwiptster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:41 pm

Ninjak wrote:
Nik wrote:
Calm down, huh? I was just being humorous, not agitated. Sometimes it really seems people here have a large stick up their collective butts and are walking around all stiff trying not to break it. Loosen up a bit, I wasn't trying to offend y'all. I don't even understand the response, to be honest. A few humorous posts and I need to calm down. What did I say to elicit that?

My friend, I have found that humor does not generally translate well when typed rather than spoken. If someone can't hear how you mean something, it can sometimes come across totally differently than in the spirit you intended. It's not just in this forum either. I find it to be the case pretty much anywhere on the web you can make a comment about something. It's happened to me several times. So try not to worry about it.

You could literally say "I love puppies!" and someone somewhere will have a problem with that statement and come back at you with a snarky reply. There's just something about the internet that brings out the judgmental side of people. On some level though we've probably all been guilty of it at one time or another.
I find it helps to imagine everyone here is a scalper and therefore worth of only derision and scorn.
El Honez
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:07 am

I personally like to post only neutral observations of dubious value that are summarily and appropriately ignored.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:09 am

100ptsofarticulation wrote:Yeah I'm kinda wanting this wave now. Can't wait for hammer head.

Speaking of that body, it's the same body as the Happy body correct? If so did anyone ever try the tombstone head on that body? Really want a suited tombstone.
I haven’t, but I feel like there should be some difference. I feel like Tombstone should be more of a mountain to Hammerhead’s normally proportioned size.

*Edit: looking at stats, Hammerhead is 5’-10” and Tombstone is 6’-7”.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:23 am

So tempted to pre-order these off Gamestop, how reliable are they with their pre-orders?
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:26 am

As reliable as anyone else at Hasbro’s mercy.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:29 am

As much as I loathe doubling up my preorders, I wouldn’t cancel if you have it from someplace reliable to go for a GameStop sale. Im still trying to find a Studio Series 86 Slag after GS cancelled the one I preordered from them, and I cancelled my Pulse order.
Dek
Customized

Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:44 am

Ninjak wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:37 pm
Nik wrote:

I should have guessed you were part of the growing anti-kitty lobby making its way through the Fwoosh forums, preaching your biased view of life that a doggy is more lovable than a teeny, weeny, pretty kitty kat. There's room for all non-specified platonic animal love here! Understanding needs to begin between us first before we can truly spread the message that kitties are as lovable as doggies.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”