ML Retro Spider-Man figures

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Rish Outfield
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:59 am

Congrats, you found the new low.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:33 am

Mark_Bowen wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:22 pm
joedick wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:08 pm
Warning! FRAT! :
Ninjak wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:16 pm

Yes. That ToyBiz Sandman holds up extremely well. Still my favorite figure of the character. You just don't get that level of detail in today's Legends. Newer doesn't always mean better.

If Hasbro wanted to give us a new Sandman I wish they would have gone with this look.

Would have made it more of a must have for people. The brown pants and green striped shirt has been done multiple times.
I agree, I would've much preferred that look for Sandman, but with the last Hasbro release still selling for $80-100, I get why they went with the classic look. People can get his iconic look for a regular price (as over-priced as regular might be!), people with the BAF can walk on by if they aren't interested.
Hopefully we get the Frightful Four look soon without having to get some 'modern' Sandman first!

I wouldn't worry about that; Sandman hasn't worn anything other than his green T-shirt this millennium, as far as I've seen. I haven't read his *every* appearance of the past 20 years, but I've read a good number of them, and I checked a couple image galleries to see if they might easily prove me wrong. The most recent alternate costumes I found were his aforementioned Wild Pack outfit circa 1994.
I wouldn’t turn down that look. I was a fan of the reformed Sandman, before he was corrupted again.

As an aside, who is the supplier for unstable molecule outfits for villains? They seem to have no shortage of clothing that accommodates their powers.
Oh, I did find this one other look, from a European reprint. It'd be hilarious if Hasbro put this one out before getting around to one with the original deco:
Yeah, if Hasbro did that look before, well, any of his other ones, I think there would be ferocious backlash, from fandom.
=RickyLee=
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:28 am

No one is talking about the new retro carded wave being available at some small retailers and shipping to other vendors now?
Nik
Avengers Assemble

Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:37 am

=RickyLee= wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:28 am
No one is talking about the new retro carded wave being available at some small retailers and shipping to other vendors now?
First I've heard of it. Which small retailers?
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:07 am

Small shops in California are receiving the wave now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nik
Avengers Assemble

Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:16 am

What does small shops mean? What's with all the mystery? Do these small shops not wish to be named? Do you mean small comic shops? Toy shops? The 'ol five and dime? Duty free shops? Wawas? The trunk of your cousin Kevin's Honda Insight parked in an Arby's parking lot? Are these small shops in the witness protection program? Name names! Or not, whatever, I got pre-orders, just curious.
VonDoom62
CROM!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:52 am

I was hoping the new wave wouldn't arrive until next year. Don't get me wrong, I'm real excited for it, but man. I don't think I'm ever gonna get caught up on all the lines I collect.
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:54 am

Nik wrote:
What does small shops mean? What's with all the mystery? Do these small shops not wish to be named? Do you mean small comic shops? Toy shops? The 'ol five and dime? Duty free shops? Wawas? The trunk of your cousin Kevin's Honda Insight parked in an Arby's parking lot? Are these small shops in the witness protection program? Name names! Or not, whatever, I got pre-orders, just curious.
Seems pretty clear that they mean mom and pop shops.
Nik
Avengers Assemble

Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:34 am

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:
Nik wrote:
I get that, I was just being cheeky for the most part. But I'm really curious why people hesitate to actually shout out the mom and pop shops by name, especially on Small Business Saturday, but maybe that's some kind of faux pas on this forum?
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:42 am

Nik wrote:
Nik wrote:
I get that, I was just being cheeky for the most part. But I'm really curious why people hesitate to actually shout out the mom and pop shops by name, especially on Small Business Saturday, but maybe that's some kind of faux pas on this forum?
Usually Hasbro will fine shops who release stuff ahead of any street dates or timed drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scarletspyder
HULK SMASH!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:50 am

Nebraska wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:07 am
Small shops in California are receiving the wave now.

I believe you but I just scanned the hashtag on insta, checked the legends groups on Facebook, and checked eBay and Mercari and can’t find any proof they are out. Do you happen to have some more info so I can track them down?
Nik
Avengers Assemble

Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:50 am

panther10 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:42 am
Nik wrote:

Usually Hasbro will fine shops who release stuff ahead of any street dates or timed drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, I see. Thanks for the reply!
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:55 am

This, to me, is the right size for Sandman. Generally he's a big guy but not massive. Yes he can grow larger, but to me when he does that he begins to become more complete sand. So at the size of the old BAF the green, black and brown to me should be stretching and fading at the 8 or so feet he stands. By 12" or so the color should be all sand by then. At least that's the interpretation I enjoy the most. Fully aware different artists have treated him differently over the years
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:42 pm

Nik wrote:
Yeah sorry I don't know the names of the shops. I've only seen the Facebook posts of people finding them. Maybe you should calm down Nik.

Nik
Avengers Assemble

Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:11 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:42 pm
Nik wrote:
Yeah sorry I don't know the names of the shops. I've only seen the Facebook posts of people finding them. Maybe you should calm down Nik.

Calm down, huh? I was just being humorous, not agitated. Sometimes it really seems people here have a large stick up their collective butts and are walking around all stiff trying not to break it. Loosen up a bit, I wasn't trying to offend y'all. I don't even understand the response, to be honest. A few humorous posts and I need to calm down. What did I say to elicit that?

I may re-evaluate if I even want to be a part of this forum if asking harmless questions with some humor garners a reprimand.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”