ML Retro Spider-Man figures

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Quasimodo27
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:22 pm

New one isn’t too bad but I’ll stick with the Select version. I like the way you can put his torso onto that sand pillar base.
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:29 pm

This has no bearing on the figure, but it's an odd choice to go with "William Baker" on the copy instead of "Flint Marko." I thought they had made a mistake considering Flint Marko is the name Sandman was given in his first appearance, and the name that has appeared in the movies and cartoons.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:26 am

Preacherpool
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:06 am

Ideally, I would have liked two sculpted heads with removable hairpieces, then one hairpiece with the battle damage overlay. If it even needed it. The calmer head would have felt a little more at home on this body.

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:
This has no bearing on the figure, but it's an odd choice to go with "William Baker" on the copy instead of "Flint Marko." I thought they had made a mistake considering Flint Marko is the name Sandman was given in his first appearance, and the name that has appeared in the movies and cartoons.

The Marvel stance is that Baker is his birth name and Marko is his criminal name. But more importantly, the pre-Legends Toy Biz figure copy used Baker so it wouldn't make sense to change it on the retro card.

(it's tiny but it's up there in the top right)
Warning! FRAT! :
VictorD10010
Here comes a new challenger!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:03 am

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:25 pm
Basil Elks wrote:I'm just using the Select Sandman, for my Sandman.
By any chance, do you know if the battle-damaged head from the BAF can work with the Select?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/10050023 ... ed01f313-0

JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:37 am

I miss the Toy Biz style package art, with the action shots of each figure.

Also, I loved that Sandman's sand foot. His head used to pop out, though - anyone else's do that?

Also, thanks to whoever pointed out Sandman used to be an Avenger - I don't know why I never thought to pose my Spidey Classics with them! That figure isn't going anywhere.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:51 am

Preacherpool wrote:Ideally, I would have liked two sculpted heads with removable hairpieces, then one hairpiece with the battle damage overlay. If it even needed it. The calmer head would have felt a little more at home on this body.

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:

The Marvel stance is that Baker is his birth name and Marko is his criminal name. But more importantly, the pre-Legends Toy Biz figure copy used Baker so it wouldn't make sense to change it on the retro card.

(it's tiny but it's up there in the top right)
Warning! FRAT! :
Still probably my favorite sandman figure. I adore that sculpt and accessory

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Gambitfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:02 pm

Really hoping Rhino, Classic Shocker and a more Classic/90's animated style Lizard are next.

Never wad able to get Rhino. The Lizard baf and Shocker are too modern for what I want in my collection. I'm worried if I sell off my Lizard baf then all hasbro will do is release a Classic head for it with another figure.
El Honez
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:54 pm

Think Rhino will be armored?
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:57 pm

If Rhino is armored, I really hope it’s a way that’s removable. It’s never been a look I’ve needed, but I know other people want it, and I don’t think it justifies two separate releases. People that need both could buy two, and people that don’t want the armor could remove it.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:57 pm

Almost totally guaranteed if they do release Rhino, it will be the BAF with a newer classic head. The shoulder pads detach so the options are there.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:48 pm

Enforcer wrote:Almost totally guaranteed if they do release Rhino, it will be the BAF with a newer classic head. The shoulder pads detach so the options are there.
Yeah, he really only needs wrist and ankle bands (id prefer a chest piece too thats removable, but I can deal)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Preacherpool
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:45 am

If Hasbro ever gets around to remaking Blob, they could probably reuse that overall body for Rhino just with different torso overlays and feet.

He usually winds up more defined and muscular because of the body reuse. But I do like that period where he had a bulky, not-form-fitting appearance a little more in line with an actual rhinoceros.

VeganDiet
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:56 am

september_death wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:26 am
As soon as I saw that head sculpt, I had the idea to do exactly this. Glad to see it works so well
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:22 am

It looks like you'll have to take a hand off of the puncher, stick the wrist in Sandy's head, and then peg it back in, which should be an advantage in that it helps keep them connected to better sustain the pose.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”