ML Retro Spider-Man figures

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: ML Retro Spider-Man figures

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:03 pm

Placed my order via Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Popoman
CROM?

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:05 pm

I like this Sandman, but I wish it was somewhat closer to the BAF. I like his shirt to be more form fitting. Gotta have my buff dudes.

Something about the paint on the eyes is off, too. They've gotten much better in recent years but this seems like a step back.

That being said, I've got is pre-ordered because I don't have a Sandman. He'll fit right in with Kraven's gloopy face.

I really hate to say it but the sand parts look like cheese
Thevision57
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:07 pm

I like the size way more but something about this looks so lackluster. I think its just the headsculpts which were so much better on the build a figure.
El Honez
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:23 pm

I'm happy with this figure. It's a least a B+, and will be my new standard Sandman. I'm more satisfied with the overall deco and scale here, but agree with some others that better head sculpts and accessories would have been needed to take this over the line to "excellent."
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:25 pm

TheJoker wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:27 pm
Up on amazon
Spider-Man Hasbro Marvel Legends Series 6-inch Scale Action Figure Toy Marvel’s Sandman, Includes Premium Design, and 5 Accessories
https://amzn.to/3xCp0Sl
Eff amazon!
El Honez
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:30 pm

Looking back at the BAF, this one is a clear improvement. The BAF:

* has ugly ball hips
* has that awkward belt
* has weird torso proportions
* is even larger than the Select figure
* ...and that head sculpt (standard one) really isn't that much better

That said, I do like the sand deco better on the BAF limbs.
Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:43 pm

Got my order in. Wouldnt even have know this existed if I didnt see someone mention it in the Star Wars Black Series thread!

Looks like he'll be a fine addition to my villian shelf :) Never finished the BAF, and now Im happy I didn't!
MLNUT
CROM!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:00 pm

I recently had 3 Sandman's ( Spider Man classics, the BAF and MS). I decided I didn't need 3 so I sold the BAF ($100). I am definitely getting this one!
Fright Zone
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:09 pm

Somewhere between this and the BaF lies my perfect Sandman. Shame the parts won’t be cross compatible.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:13 pm

Somewhere out there, Phineas Curmudgeon might be a little curmudgeony for a moment.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:18 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
Got my order in. Wouldnt even have know this existed if I didnt see someone mention it in the Star Wars Black Series thread!

Looks like he'll be a fine addition to my villian shelf :) Never finished the BAF, and now Im happy I didn't!
I think that might have been me over in SWBS since I figured, as I was stalking Greedo, I couldn't be the only one who had ZERO idea Sandman was coming out today. I ended up adding Sandman to my SW order in a rare, rare, RARE moment of action figure shopping convenience and definitely cursed a blue streak when I saw him pop up in the "new" section on Pulse.
PSPS13
Super Poseable

Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:15 pm

Blingoman wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:05 pm
I like this Sandman, but I wish it was somewhat closer to the BAF. I like his shirt to be more form fitting. Gotta have my buff dudes.

Something about the paint on the eyes is off, too. They've gotten much better in recent years but this seems like a step back.

That being said, I've got is pre-ordered because I don't have a Sandman. He'll fit right in with Kraven's gloopy face.

I really hate to say it but the sand parts look like cheese
His top actually looking like fabric, rather than painted on, is actually one of the things I like best about this choice of torso! I always prefer clothes to look like clothes.
Just goes to show how difficult we are to please when one person's gripe is another's praise.
100% agree on the eyes, though. A bit too large, I think- the iris/pupils especially. Makes him look a bit too young and not quite so angry.
Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:39 pm

docsilence wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:18 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:

I think that might have been me over in SWBS since I figured, as I was stalking Greedo, I couldn't be the only one who had ZERO idea Sandman was coming out today. I ended up adding Sandman to my SW order in a rare, rare, RARE moment of action figure shopping convenience and definitely cursed a blue streak when I saw him pop up in the "new" section on Pulse.
indeed it was you docsilence! Thanks for that!
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:43 pm

Honestly I'm gonna pass on this one solely for the heads. I don't like them. The old heads are much better. And I'm not attached enough to him to *need* this figure. Maybe if I see it on sale.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mister Voorhees
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:39 pm

I grabbed one, though purely for the better matching size. I definitely like the BAF better, especially its sculpts. Also because my BAF has gotten kinda droopy.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”