Black Widow Legends

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Collector4612
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Black Widow Legends

Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:56 am

Rawr993 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:48 pm
So according to marvelous news the 2-pack will be Red Guardian & Yelena. So I’m assuming a helmeted Guardian and a black costumed Yelena? Hopefully this went into production later and it wasn’t just delayed so they had time to do screen accurate headsculpts and hopefully additional screen accurate natasha heads or even the other black widows in the film since they all seem to wear the black costume yelena wears or a variation of it.

https://marvelousnews.com/252-28201
If this ends up being the case, I would be pretty happy. I already bought a custom helmeted head for Red Guardian from another collector, but I haven't gotten around to painting it, and Yelena was the only one I felt we'd truly be missing from this film, assuming there are no surprise appearances by other significant characters. If we get a bearded unmasked and masked head for him this time, as well as a couple swappable widow heads, that would make this a day one purchase for me.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:00 am

I wonder if they’ll do a one-off of some other Natasha, between either Endgame or IM2. Have they done a mass retail sine figure, not just a Target/WM exclusive?

Hard to imagine they release any news movie product without the star/main character being on shelves.
Collector4612
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:26 am

september_death wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:00 am
I wonder if they’ll do a one-off of some other Natasha, between either Endgame or IM2. Have they done a mass retail sine figure, not just a Target/WM exclusive?

Hard to imagine they release any news movie product without the star/main character being on shelves.
I'd love for an IM2 look figure, but I could see them just doing a reissue of the old wave, or some kind of "best of" wave like in years past, with some or all of the Widow wave MCU figures and then some other repacks, not sure which other ones would make the most sense.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:19 pm

Finally got a Yelena and after seeing the movie I really don’t like how tight her vest is. Her costume is always baggy, but the second Nat puts it on it’s tight.

Has anyone used Yelena’s upper body to make a more accurate Infinity War Widow?

I’m thinking with a little paint on the crotch and limb replacements this wouldn’t be that hard of a swap. The web gear might not necessarily match.

Interestingly, even swapping IW Widow’s removable vest onto a White Widow with Yelena’s head helps bc the proportions look more like Yelena. The vest doesn’t close properly so additional mods are necessary.

Just curious if anyone has already gone down this road for marginal improved screen accuracy. :)
Rawr993
Customized

Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:02 pm

JPC wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:19 pm
Finally got a Yelena and after seeing the movie I really don’t like how tight her vest is. Her costume is always baggy, but the second Nat puts it on it’s tight.

Has anyone used Yelena’s upper body to make a more accurate Infinity War Widow?

I’m thinking with a little paint on the crotch and limb replacements this wouldn’t be that hard of a swap. The web gear might not necessarily match.

Interestingly, even swapping IW Widow’s removable vest onto a White Widow with Yelena’s head helps bc the proportions look more like Yelena. The vest doesn’t close properly so additional mods are necessary.

Just curious if anyone has already gone down this road for marginal improved screen accuracy. :)

Check out widow stings insta

crosshair
Avengers Assemble

Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:36 pm

That does look better. The Yelena figure is too slim with the vest, but that looks much improved.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:28 am

Don't have the White Widow, has anyone tried the IW vest just over the regular Yelina figure? (not sure where my IW widow figure and her vest are right now....)

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”