Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

Thu May 26, 2022 2:34 am

piggyv01 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 1:08 am
I'll definitely be getting this but I'd really like a modern one with, dare I say it...a bit of mezflair.

I dig the accessories but a sturdy pillar of smoke arching over that clicks into the glider exhaust would be good.
I second this. I really like when they do the yellow lenses where you can see Norman’s eyes under the mask. Toybiz did a figure like that back in the day I think
piggyv01
CROM!

Thu May 26, 2022 3:29 am

Another accessory that would be nice is an interchangeable "head" for the glider with an extended blade. Maybe on the eventual modern version.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu May 26, 2022 4:24 am

I truly can't understand how Goblin and his glider are cheaper than Spidey.

Those light-up effects are such a waste of money.
supermonkey
teh awsum

Thu May 26, 2022 5:01 am

Dorlando_calrissian wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:34 am
piggyv01 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 1:08 am
I'll definitely be getting this but I'd really like a modern one with, dare I say it...a bit of mezflair.

I dig the accessories but a sturdy pillar of smoke arching over that clicks into the glider exhaust would be good.
I second this. I really like when they do the yellow lenses where you can see Norman’s eyes under the mask. Toybiz did a figure like that back in the day I think
Indeed. The "Alex Ross/Marvels" Green Goblin from the ToyBiz Spidey & the Sinister 6 set.
Some weird articulation and proportions, but that headsculpt was real ill, yo.
But I'm happy with the One:12's white eyes. It enhances the Halloween mask vibe.

I'm down for Otto when they do him.
I love the Enforcers, but TBH I don't know if I could be persuaded to buy a box set or individual figures of them at the Mezco price point.

Of the Ditko rogues, I think Electro might be surprisingly cool.
MaximumCrapping
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 6:17 am

StjJames wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 8:36 pm
Just waiting for Dorkside to put up the preorder for Goblin and I’m in for at least two.
This would be my choice, but wasn't there a Mezco figure that Dorkside never received the shipments? I only hope Mezco will produce enough Goblin's to fulfill other online retailers orders.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 11:15 am

Goblin looks like a Mego to me. I like that they’ve shifted to very classic designs, but that won’t fit with any of the One:12 figures I already have. Same with Spider-Man. To pay for both, I’m looking at around 250? I gotta say no.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 11:50 am

NORM wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:15 am
Goblin looks like a Mego to me. I like that they’ve shifted to very classic designs, but that won’t fit with any of the One:12 figures I already have. Same with Spider-Man. To pay for both, I’m looking at around 250? I gotta say no.
Yeah, I like Spidey, but Goblin seems to be aiming for that Mego vibe and now I see it retroactively on Spidey.

As an experienced Mezcoer, also concerned about Spidey and Goblin articulation given the new photo set.
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 5:09 pm

One thing I’ve noticed the more I look at this is that I feel like the purple material shouldn’t be the vinyl stuff. If memory serves me right it should be more of like a wrinkley fabric tunic kind of thing instead of like a tight spandex. I feel like that could be a contributing factor to it looking “mego”
TheSameIdiot

Thu May 26, 2022 6:36 pm

When bringing superhero costumes into the real world, I think you can either go with pajamas or something paramilitary. I think the MCU's bulky, armored-up suits look just as ridiculous. Whenever I see a behind-the-scenes photo like this, I'm struck by the absurdity of it:

There's already something proto-fascist about a group of omnipotent super cops. I like to keep things silly. Give me the Mego look 100 times out of 100.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 7:59 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
When bringing superhero costumes into the real world, I think you can either go with pajamas or something paramilitary. I think the MCU's bulky, armored-up suits look just as ridiculous. Whenever I see a behind-the-scenes photo like this, I'm struck by the absurdity of it:

There's already something proto-fascist about a group of omnipotent super cops. I like to keep things silly. Give me the Mego look 100 times out of 100.
*that’s DC’s Blue Beetle.
mimosa77
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 26, 2022 8:25 pm

I'm waiting impatiently for doc ock but my 2 favorites are kingpin and kraven my vote would go to kraven
TheSameIdiot

Fri May 27, 2022 4:48 am

Benedict wrote:
TheSameIdiot wrote:

I'm aware. The DCEU designs are just as ridiculous.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 8:15 am

Superheroes are patently absurd. Anyone pretending otherwise is only fooling themselves.
VeganDiet
Super Poseable

Fri May 27, 2022 6:15 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 4:48 am
Benedict wrote:
TheSameIdiot wrote:

I'm aware. The DCEU designs are just as ridiculous.
In fairness, that's a pretty spot on take on the Jamie Reyes Blue Beetle. Like, your point in general stands and I agree, but that's pretty close to hopping right off the page
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 6:30 pm

Live action superheroes look ridiculous because real humans don't have superheroic proportions.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”