Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
piggyv01
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 799
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:33 am

Re: Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:50 pm

Aleks wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:03 am
Han, I will wait for Mafex version. It will be more comic accurate.

Image

Looks cool though. If it wasn't exclusive and had more interesting accessories, I would've bought this instead.
What accessories would be more interesting?
User avatar
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:46 pm

Re: Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:12 pm

piggyv01 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:50 pm
Aleks wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:03 am
Han, I will wait for Mafex version. It will be more comic accurate.

Image

Looks cool though. If it wasn't exclusive and had more interesting accessories, I would've bought this instead.
What accessories would be more interesting?
Computers, future tech or guns that you can use for other figures, crazy unmasked head, cool looking diorama, etc.
User avatar
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seriously..who the %$#*& ate my lunch?!?!?
Posts: 9295
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:44 pm

Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:27 pm

It’s a bit of a leap of faith to assume we’ll get a Mafex figure of Miguel since Medicom hasn’t made any announcements on him. And even if they did, we might not see a release until 2023 at the earliest. Or maybe even after the next Spider-Verse movie drops. But it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if we saw other Spider-Man variants first like Spidey-UK, Peter or Miles Morales from the Insomniac games, Scarlet Spider (Ben or Kaine) Spider UK, Big Time, Spider-armor MK. 1, Spider Carnage….hell we might even get a new venom before Miguel.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1944
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:08 pm

Aleks wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:03 am
Han, I will wait for Mafex version. It will be more comic accurate.

Image

Looks cool though. If it wasn't exclusive and had more interesting accessories, I would've bought this instead.
I think it's all about lighting. I took one of the promo images, hit it with the dodge tool in Photoshop and it looks pretty comic accurate to me...

Image

The material they're using can't absorb light the way it's depicted in the comic. In a well lit environment Spidey 2099's going to look just like he does in Mezco's promo images.
User avatar
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seriously..who the %$#*& ate my lunch?!?!?
Posts: 9295
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:44 pm

Re: Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:13 pm

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
Aleks wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:03 am
Han, I will wait for Mafex version. It will be more comic accurate.

Image

Looks cool though. If it wasn't exclusive and had more interesting accessories, I would've bought this instead.
I think it's all about lighting. I took one of the promo images, hit it with the dodge tool in Photoshop and it looks pretty comic accurate to me...

Image

The material they're using can't absorb light the way it's depicted in the comic. In a well lit environment Spidey 2099's going to look just like he does in Mezco's promo images.
I can’t make the shadows in my room that harsh but yeah it should look fine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1944
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:29 pm

panther10 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:13 pm
MldMnrdReporter wrote:
Aleks wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:03 am
Han, I will wait for Mafex version. It will be more comic accurate.

Image

Looks cool though. If it wasn't exclusive and had more interesting accessories, I would've bought this instead.
I think it's all about lighting. I took one of the promo images, hit it with the dodge tool in Photoshop and it looks pretty comic accurate to me...

Image

The material they're using can't absorb light the way it's depicted in the comic. In a well lit environment Spidey 2099's going to look just like he does in Mezco's promo images.
I can’t make the shadows in my room that harsh but yeah it should look fine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No one really can. That reference image from the comic defies physics and the way light behaves on any existing material we currently have. Spider-Man is jumping TOWARDS a light source but is still covered in deep shadows meaning in the comic the suit he's wearing just absorbs light and doesn't reflect it. The closest we'd be able to do to mimic that would be to use paint and ultimately, that's not going to translate very well.

Not even MAFEX would be able to replicate a truly comic accurate look. It'd ultimately be up to Photoshop or another image editor. It goes for that Fantastic Four set too. There were people upset Johnny Storm wasn't in a full Flamed On state. Or that the Invisible Woman wasn't translucent/transparent.

We can't mimic their power sets in this scale and still use soft goods. They're going to look off. No toy company has been able to replicate that truly. Again, you've got leave it up to Photoshop where you can go from this:

Image

To this:

Image

And honestly, for display purposes, I'd much rather have a Human Torch and Invisible Woman in their normal FF duds than powered up. You're never really going to capture that magic from the comic.
piggyv01
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 799
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:33 am

Re: Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:42 am

How come Spidey 2099 is listed for a Dec- Feb release when Roadblock an earlier exclusive, is May-July?
User avatar
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1944
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:07 pm

piggyv01 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:42 am
How come Spidey 2099 is listed for a Dec- Feb release when Roadblock an earlier exclusive, is May-July?
Welcome to the wacky and wild world of Mezco! Also, by the looks of it Spider-Man 2099 is an actual production sample. Might mean the figure was further ahead in development than others.
User avatar
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seriously..who the %$#*& ate my lunch?!?!?
Posts: 9295
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:44 pm

Re: Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:32 pm

MldMnrdReporter wrote:
piggyv01 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:42 am
How come Spidey 2099 is listed for a Dec- Feb release when Roadblock an earlier exclusive, is May-July?
Welcome to the wacky and wild world of Mezco! Also, by the looks of it Spider-Man 2099 is an actual production sample. Might mean the figure was further ahead in development than others.
Not to mention Spidey 2099 uses the same body as previous Spidey variants and Roadblock uses a brand new body if I’m not mistaken.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
MldMnrdReporter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1944
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:47 pm

panther10 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:32 pm
MldMnrdReporter wrote:
piggyv01 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:42 am
How come Spidey 2099 is listed for a Dec- Feb release when Roadblock an earlier exclusive, is May-July?
Welcome to the wacky and wild world of Mezco! Also, by the looks of it Spider-Man 2099 is an actual production sample. Might mean the figure was further ahead in development than others.
Not to mention Spidey 2099 uses the same body as previous Spidey variants and Roadblock uses a brand new body if I’m not mistaken.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very true. I think that might be why the FF set was promised so early as well. Only the Thing is really that involved regarding new tooling.
piggyv01
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 799
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:33 am

Re: Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:13 am

When BBTS gets the exclusives, is it usually very soon after Mezco takes the listing down or is there generally a wait?
User avatar
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seriously..who the %$#*& ate my lunch?!?!?
Posts: 9295
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:44 pm

Re: Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:44 am

piggyv01 wrote:When BBTS gets the exclusives, is it usually very soon after Mezco takes the listing down or is there generally a wait?
From what I recall, when they got a little bit of overstock for the Fantastic Four set, it was somewhere in the realm of 20 units. But that’s obviously not going to be the case every time. So just try to stay on top of it starting tomorrow morning and if they do go up, maybe you’ll be likely to snag one.

I thought you decided to go with the preorder on the Mezco page though? Did that not pan out?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
piggyv01
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 799
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:33 am

Re: Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:30 am

panther10 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:44 am
piggyv01 wrote:When BBTS gets the exclusives, is it usually very soon after Mezco takes the listing down or is there generally a wait?
From what I recall, when they got a little bit of overstock for the Fantastic Four set, it was somewhere in the realm of 20 units. But that’s obviously not going to be the case every time. So just try to stay on top of it starting tomorrow morning and if they do go up, maybe you’ll be likely to snag one.

I thought you decided to go with the preorder on the Mezco page though? Did that not pan out?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I couldn't swing the US$67 shipping and tax to Australia for Spidey 2099 (not to mention I view it as dodgy. It's gone up $20 since Roadblock and in stock Catwoman is only $43 to ship).
So i took a risk and hopes BBTS would get it like they have the last few exclusives.
User avatar
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2624
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:46 am

Re: Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:46 am

You're probably still going to pay a premium. Most all airmail isn't going to AU right now. But it being a preorder, things could (hopefully should) change by then and you could "renegotiate" the cost. Of course with BBTS this won't be an issue (yet).
piggyv01
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 799
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:33 am

Re: Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:30 am

DennyCrane wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:46 am
You're probably still going to pay a premium. Most all airmail isn't going to AU right now. But it being a preorder, things could (hopefully should) change by then and you could "renegotiate" the cost. Of course with BBTS this won't be an issue (yet).
Yeah, BBTS is my hope. US$16 Shipping on the smaller boxed Mezco.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”