Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:12 pm

Yeah I don’t know how you can’t consider this the end all be all FF, and $420 seems like a bargain to me. Reed, Johnny, and Ben are all basically 2 figures, making those 3 $480 alone. Plus Sue and all her accessories, plus herbie.

If this deluxe tin box thing is their business model going forward then they’ve sucked me back in. I got out because the price was shooting up and the value wasn’t worth it especially with ML becoming more dynamic in the accessory department.

They’re making it too valuable to pass up now with Wolverine and the FF set. Can’t wait to see what they do next.
WildBill
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:45 pm

Couldn't resist. I was expecting it to be around $450, but it was still sobering to see it set in stone there. Still, what an amazing set! H.E.R.B.I.E. that's not just a static figure, Ben's trenchcoat and fedora? So cool! I wouldn't mind the set getting broken up for PX variants though, fully flamed-on Torch, translucent Sue maybe with cloth done like the spirit of Splinter figure that Neca put out? So obviously not translucent, but colored in a pale sort of way that compliments however they handle the plastic so it gives the effect of being invisible in displays? Also, The Thing with a helmet and Wolverine scarred head? Excited for these though now let's see that Dr. Doom! (and Green Goblin [you KNOW Mezco would knock that out of the park] and more Jim Lee inspired X-Men and Artie: The Strongest Man... in the WORLD! When'sthe next Mezcon?)
piggyv01
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 pm

I'm surprised by the lack of translucent parts for Sue, head and hands/fore arms and a fully flamed on body for Johnny...maybe in another set with wrestler onsie thing?

Whilst we knew we were getting classic costumes, it's not my favourite look.
It's more expensive than I expected but they packed in quite a lot of stuff. I could personally do without the Reed torso and H.E.R.B.I.E.
Sue's heads look terrible.
Thing looks excellent.
Tough decision.
MarvelLegendsMan
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:11 am

To echo some previous posts, it's pretty disappointing that Johnny doesn't have a full flamed-on look, and that there aren't more invisible body parts for Sue. Going to be super annoying if they end up releasing that separately.

Still, I couldn't resist. What's there is so appealing. Now what do I do with the Walgreens exclusive Legends FF? Will I really need both sets?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:29 am

A lack of an invisible invisible woman and flaming human torch means variants coming up that will incorporate those, guaranteed.
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:54 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:44 pm
Capman wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:38 pm
What will cost more - Galactus or the Mezco F4?

I predict the Mezco FF only because Ryan said the price would be "Sentinel-like" when asked about the price by Dan Who Reviews when he interviewed the team a few months ago on Youtube. The Sentinel was $350, so that suggests Galactus probably won't exceed $400.
I'll have to look that interview up. Is Galactus actually confirmed at this point to be next or still just on the list as a strong possibility?
Anshrr
Super Poseable

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:22 am

The price is surprisingly reasonable, with all the stuff, and led. The Invisible Woman isn't very invisible tho :s
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:42 am

There haven't been a lot of pure "invisible" invisible woman figures. Of those made, they're not all that popular. A Phasing variant is far more likely and interesting visually.

I missed the LED function. Must be for Torch
piggyv01
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:20 am

Buttmunch wrote:
A lack of an invisible invisible woman and flaming human torch means variants coming up that will incorporate those, guaranteed.
Do you think? With creatively coloured cloth goods? Because if its just a bare, translucent buck, isn't that basically Marvel legends?
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:37 am

I caved. These are just too damn good to pass on. So many visual options, and I have a nice display cabinet that they will be perfect for. I can see me changing these around weekly for months.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:44 am

piggyv01 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:20 am
Buttmunch wrote:
Do you think? With creatively coloured cloth goods? Because if its just a bare, translucent buck, isn't that basically Marvel legends?
Yeah I could see them getting a little creative with them. Use that Mez flare and put Johnny in a red suit with the Mez texturing bits to simulate flames to keep him from looking like a red onesie. Sue is a bit harder as truly clear fabrics just shows the clear figure body underneath. I think a very light blue fabric over a clear figure with faint coloring would maybe mimic that ‘invisible’ look while still visible to the viewers look. Maybe throw in some completely clear parts as well that could be used on either figure. So a little like the new ML miles morales translucent figure. Not sure Hasbro could pull something quite like that off but I think Mezco could. Probably as PX exclusives.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:22 am

After seeing HERBIE and all the accessories, I thought this set would be $500. Good on Mezco for keeping the price down.

I'm not much of a Mezco buyer these days, but this is about as close as I'll come without actually ordering. Can't wait to see Doom.
piggyv01
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:25 am

Just noticed the Thing is listed at the same height as Reed and Johnny (which is classic comic accurate, I know) but he looks considerably taller in the promo shots.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:47 am

Never was a big FF fan but these figures look great and couldn't pass these up.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:23 am

I have never bought a Mezco (I cant afford it) but damn if this wasnt the first one I have come VERY close to buying. STUNNING set with great alternate parts and accessories. Absolute home run IMO.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”