Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Mezco One:12 Collective

Thu May 06, 2021 4:54 pm

Considering it looked like Spider-Gwen had single knees in the promo (that looked like utter crap when bent) and there was a fairly vocal amount of bitching regarding that, myself included, hopefully they are working on a much improved lady body.
gwen.jpg
gwen.jpg (43.68 KiB) Viewed 2075 times
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 1:34 am

TFitz wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:44 pm
Roufuss wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:56 pm
TFitz wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:23 pm
Bishop is up. I'm passing on him, myself. With Mezco making more comic accurate figures, I'll likely just get those.
To be fair, it -is- comic accurate:

Well shit! I forgot about that look. QUIT TEMPTING ME!!!
I'm getting less and less concerned with comic accuracy. Is it immediately identifiable as the character? Good enough for me. That Mezco Bishop is looking pretty sweet.
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 2:53 am

Sorry to derail the thread from the Bishop/Spider Gwen discussion but has anyone found a headswap that works for Iron man? Is it even possible?

I'm seriously considering splurging on him but don't care too much for the stock head. The faceplate gimmick, albeit VERY cool, gives him a proportion problem with the head size when its up and I also just don't care for the Tony likeness underneath, he looks odd. I'm hoping someone has at least tried to pop the head off because from there, I can work with that.

Basically, does it have the standard Mezco dumbell ball joint and is it damaging at all to pop the head off? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Jacguitarist
Runs Around in Tights

Fri May 07, 2021 4:32 am

garrettlcustoms wrote:
Sorry to derail the thread from the Bishop/Spider Gwen discussion but has anyone found a headswap that works for Iron man? Is it even possible?

I'm seriously considering splurging on him but don't care too much for the stock head. The faceplate gimmick, albeit VERY cool, gives him a proportion problem with the head size when its up and I also just don't care for the Tony likeness underneath, he looks odd. I'm hoping someone has at least tried to pop the head off because from there, I can work with that.

Basically, does it have the standard Mezco dumbell ball joint and is it damaging at all to pop the head off? Thanks!

Hey man, check out the comic Tony Stark head made by Manniple Studio. It looks great and it's compatible with the Mezco neck. I'm actually going to buy one for myself tomorrow. Btw, check ebay for it!
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 4:41 am

Jacguitarist wrote:
garrettlcustoms wrote:

Hey man, check out the comic Tony Stark head made by Manniple Studio. It looks great and it's compatible with the Mezco neck. I'm actually going to buy one for myself tomorrow. Btw, check ebay for it!
Thank you so much!

Jacguitarist
Runs Around in Tights

Fri May 07, 2021 6:22 pm

My Thanos arrived today!!!

I'm currently at work, but I plan on posting pics tonight to my Instagram account. If you wanna check them out, my username on there is: dancejoedance18
I'm going to try and get some extensive shots, and I'll do some size comparisons, too. That's one of the things I'm personally most eager to see!

Between it being Friday, getting Thanos, AND Resident Evil: Village...
it's turning out to be a damn fine day, if I may say so myself!
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 6:25 pm

Jacguitarist wrote:My Thanos arrived today!!!

I'm currently at work, but I plan on posting pics tonight to my Instagram account. If you wanna check them out, my username on there is: dancejoedance18
I'm going to try and get some extensive shots, and I'll do some size comparisons, too. That's one of the things I'm personally most eager to see!

Between it being Friday, getting Thanos, AND Resident Evil: Village...
it's turning out to be a damn fine day, if I may say so myself!
Just saw your post! Congrats! Can't wait to see him!

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

Jacguitarist
Runs Around in Tights

Fri May 07, 2021 11:44 pm

Thanks man! Just posted a ton more!
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 11:53 pm

Jacguitarist wrote:Thanks man! Just posted a ton more!
Wow! Thanks for sharing, he looks great! Looks massive too! Now all I need to see is him compared to some Marvel Legend and Marvel Select Thanos figures.

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 11:59 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
I'm getting less and less concerned with comic accuracy.

"Comic accurate" is usually an oxymoron anyway. Every new artist ends up changing every character a little, and over time their look evolves.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 12:47 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
yojoebro82 wrote:

"Comic accurate" is usually an oxymoron anyway. Every new artist ends up changing every character a little, and over time their look evolves.
More so now than ever. These costumes change every year or so now. What does it really matter if the look is from a movie, a video game, this year's comic reboot, or Mezco flair? Does it look like your favorite character? Does it have the characteristic beats? If the look works for you great, if not, another new look is right around the corner.
Jacguitarist
Runs Around in Tights

Sat May 08, 2021 12:52 am

GUTS_2010 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:53 pm
Jacguitarist wrote:Thanks man! Just posted a ton more!
Wow! Thanks for sharing, he looks great! Looks massive too! Now all I need to see is him compared to some Marvel Legend and Marvel Select Thanos figures.

Just posted a few more on Instagram with size comparisons, including other Mezco's, Marvel Legends, MAFEX comic Spidey, GI Joe Classified Snake Eyes, figuarts Vegeta, DC Multiverse, and the new Marvel Select Hulk
supermonkey
teh awsum

Tue May 11, 2021 7:44 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:47 am
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
yojoebro82 wrote:

More so now than ever. These costumes change every year or so now. What does it really matter if the look is from a movie, a video game, this year's comic reboot, or Mezco flair? Does it look like your favorite character? Does it have the characteristic beats? If the look works for you great, if not, another new look is right around the corner.
Exactly.
For my part, it's purely about whether I connect with a depiction or not.
As long as the key elements are there from the comic look, I'm generally good. And even if they aren't I have learned to be open minded.
piggyv01
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:52 am

What's going on with the release of Thanos?
It's trickling out in a strange way.
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:16 pm

piggyv01 wrote:What's going on with the release of Thanos?
It's trickling out in a strange way.
I just came here to ask this as well. Has Mezco already shipped out their pre-orders? If so, when? I ordered from BBTS, so I'm wondering how long of a wait I'm in for.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”