Fan Channel Exclusives

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Fan Channel Exclusives

Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:17 am

Ooooohhh, that is a tempting challenge! :)
tetragene wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:43 pm
... The sculpt is good, but the fur is so subtle that the flat paint job makes it barely noticeable & the lack of cleavage sculpt (similar to the black costume Emma Frost) looks odd to me. -- I do like that they are using the non-hard plastic for the top thigh/hip pieces so there's not a weird contrast of colors between where the top thigh/hip meets the rest of the leg.
Is that what they've changed, the upper thigh is no longer the hard plastic so it will match? I was very glad that Tigra isn't mismatched.

I had the same thought about her cleavage being too flat, but didn't feel like being attacked. But I will backup your comment.
Left Field
Veteran Slugger

Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:01 am

Good God, Hasbro. Considering the subtlety of the colors in the render used to suck all your victims in, this Tigra figure is a FAIL. I don't see but one pic in a google search of comic art of the character with the brightness of this stupid thing. Even Chester Cheetah has a more balanced color palette.

Sometimes they just boot stuff so over the top. I'm still not over the lack of the 80's hair on Shadowcat.
darkmoon766
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:36 am

Left Field wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:01 am
Good God, Hasbro. Considering the subtlety of the colors in the render used to suck all your victims in, this Tigra figure is a FAIL. I don't see but one pic in a google search of comic art of the character with the brightness of this stupid thing. Even Chester Cheetah has a more balanced color palette.

Sometimes they just boot stuff so over the top. I'm still not over the lack of the 80's hair on Shadowcat.
The sad part is that none of these errors make any sense, but they keep repeating even though they can obviously do very good, very accurate figures a majority of the time.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:02 am

darkmoon766 wrote:
The sad part is that none of these errors make any sense
This is the part that frustrates me most - they are going out of their way to make these errors.

I get the color issue is really difficult to manage in a virtual world, but the rest is either sloppiness or intentional - and I think it's more the latter.
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:15 am

NORM wrote:I remember that display base, I think I still have it. It's from Stan Winston's line of figures, no?
Yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jead
Customized

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:07 am

They transplanted the orange from Hercules to Tigra.

Real talk though, it feels like too many Legends figures have details off that will make dedicated fans go "hey, this isn't quite right." just so everyone will get worked up enough to buy a minor variant. This, AI Iron Man, Nova's back star, and way too many head sculpts to count. Especially when the character has big old 80s/90s hair.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:36 am

theflicker wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:
NORM wrote:Acetone variant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks better. But still way too orange.

And the nails aren't painted? C'mon Hasbro. You're killin me here.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I think Norm's nails not being painted is a Norm problem, not a Hasbro problem.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Stark Resilient wrote:I mean, to be fair.. He did JUST say he was using Acetone.
I hope so. Nails aren't hard to paint. But just... that would be 1 MORE thing wrong with this figure. Only so many things a person can take lol.

I think the flat cleavage sculpt is partly due to the reuse potential, but also because Hasbro even said they don't like doing scantily clad, and this is as scantily clad as it gets, so they just didn't sexy her up, so we could get an accurate outfit. I'm surprised they did the Hellfire Club the way they did honestly, but that's cause it was an exclusive for online and a con. And Deathstrike is an anomaly. Maybe its cause her the rest of her is covered? And she really doesn't have cleavage either, hers are parted fairly far. Does it suck? Yea. But, I think it goes along with the realistic gun issue. They're trying not to gain the ire of the Karen mom community. May also be a shareholder thing, from the higher ups. I don't know who has the final say, but I can see some people vetoing anything too risque.

It's funny, cause the old She Hulk sculpt has some, as does the Scarlet Witch torso and Puck wave Emma. But they've been steering really far away from most costumes that look like that in general, let alone making them as sexy as they're drawn. I wonder if it started around the time the outrage with Slave Leia happened. Cause I feel like that had an impact on things. Can't say for sure though.

Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:28 am

Andru wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:07 am
I ended up with a second Tigra (whoops!) so I decided to try a hair transplant...

It is definitely NOT a perfect fit and does indeed look a bit wonky, but...I think I kind of like it :)

I am positive someone with a little more skill & patience could make this look amazing!
Interesting - I was hoping someone would take a crack at this. Hard to tell, but it looks like if you could tilt the hair back to it sits flatter to the scalp, that might make it look less gappy? Either that of sculpt/transplant some strands around the sides to fill it out. Definitely like the increase in volume though.

I suspect I'll end up trying this out when I finally get the figure in.
Justice Freak
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:43 pm

Interesting...im assuming thats the hair from the first jean grey figure back when. Others options could be the hair from invisible woman of the Super Skrull wave or from Dark Phoenix. Those might work well.
tetragene
Avengers Assemble

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:02 pm

JPC wrote:
Is that what they've changed, the upper thigh is no longer the hard plastic so it will match? I was very glad that Tigra isn't mismatched.

I had the same thought about her cleavage being too flat, but didn't feel like being attacked. But I will backup your comment.
they've been using it on some female figures, inconsistently = Psylocke, White Rabbit, Storm (90s), Storm (GSX), Rogue (2pack), Gwen Stacy & Agent Carter/Jean/Moira are the ones I can remember. The "teen female buck" always used the softer plastic for them. In addition to not having to worry about the mismatched colors from different plastic it also makes customizing them easier since the legs can pop off the torso with just a little heat. The hard plastic hops are a PITA to remove. I wish they would go that route permanently, but I see that the new AoA Rogue used the hard plastic hip piece, despite the legs being a semi-new pinless sculpt (it mostly looks like the Kate Bishop legs, but is slightly thicker).

JPC wrote:
yeah in my experience most posters haven't been ridiculous with the critique on female body sculpts, so I don't know why there's usually a knee-jerk reaction to treat cleavage discussion as "pervy". I'm gay & have no "perv interest" in plastic boobs (& even *that* disclaimer shouldn't be necessary), but it looks odd when a female figure's outfit (or lack thereof) should account for décolletage, but the sculpt doesn't... particularly with a bikini top. And I still think the black costume Emma figure looked off because of that, especially compared to how she was drawn in that costume
YinzerToyGuy
I wish I had super powers

Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:43 pm

Andru wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:07 am
I ended up with a second Tigra (whoops!) so I decided to try a hair transplant...

It is definitely NOT a perfect fit and does indeed look a bit wonky, but...I think I kind of like it :)

I am positive someone with a little more skill & patience could make this look amazing!
Looks good. I used Angela's hair on my custom, which I'm still pretty happy with, but I may play around with some hair transplants on the new one, too, if I do pick it up.

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:52 pm

Andru wrote:I ended up with a second Tigra (whoops!) so I decided to try a hair transplant...

I'm not seeing paint on those nails... lol.

DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:15 pm

JPC wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:02 am
darkmoon766 wrote:
The sad part is that none of these errors make any sense
This is the part that frustrates me most - they are going out of their way to make these errors.
They intentionally keep collectors "on the line" for a redo with these things. They are not errors; they are intentional.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:30 am

Which is exactly what I said in the part of my post you cut off. :D
Grouch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:46 am

What color for the claws? Black, white, off white?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”