Fan Channel Exclusives

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Fan Channel Exclusives

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:46 pm

Just got mine. The body is excellent looking. No anorexia, with properly thick arms and legs. Her snarling head is slightly small, open hands are large, and the slightly miscolored joints bothers me some, but over-all, she looks amazing.

My biggest bother is she can't really get into a crouch pose and had very limited side leg movement. Still very happy with the update. I bought 2, so I will likely try to repaint one with a darker orange.

Feels good to finally get a Legends figure. It's been too long.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:02 pm

You want an even darker orange? Most people want to pull it back a few notches, but you do you!

Just opened mine. Very satisfied, but that color is just as saturated in person. It’s not just camera balance. It’s a really impressive physique. There’s subtle fur sculpting just above the knee joints, on the back of the calves, on the shoulders, elbows, and forearms. I could see them reusing this for Hepzibah, but I feel like the body is too tall for Wolfsbane. Should work for Feral, but almost seems not hairy enough.

Articulation is good. Lots of increased motion in the upward ankle for crouches. Double knees and elbows get good range. Neutral head won’t look up thanks to the hair sculpt, but the growling head has hair that allows for upward movement, also good for crouches.

Definitely a worthy update all in all. Just wish the orange was more yellow-orange.
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:19 pm

Got mine from Gamestop. Last couple of fan channel figures seem to have hit GameStop first, so I’m glad I preordered there.

Gotta chime in to agree that the orange is just as bold in person. If you really hate it in pictures, you might not come around to it in person.

Thanks for going through the areas of sculpted fur, Norm. Someone mentioned that a re-paint to yellow her up would bring out the fur, but mess with the stripes, so I checked the figure and could find fur just on the feet (where there are no stripes) and shoulders (where there are stripes). I’ll have to check those other spots too.

This is definitely a good take on a modern Tigra. I really think that soon enough, they’ll release a yellower repaint with a more classic headsculpt.

Also hope they use what they can for Hepzibah - the Starjammers deserve some love finally. But the sculpted teeth on the waist and amulet on the upper torso might mean Hepzibah needs a new torso.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:30 pm

NORM wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:02 pm
You want an even darker orange? Most people want to pull it back a few notches, but you do you!
I should have said flatter, not darker.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:45 pm

I would probably attempt my hardest to not paint over the stripes. Or carefully scrape it off when it did go over them. When I do a paint job to *fix* Hasbros mistakes I usually try to leave as much of the original paint intact as possible that is accurate. Plus it's harder to repaint everything then just the mistakes. When I do customs I'll usually just redo the whole figure. I'll have to even determine how hard it would be in person, cause of the pinless joints. And since I have to basically do the whole figure head to toe, hair and face in all, and I hate doing faces. I'm ocd and it never turns out good enough for me.

It would be a real kick in the quads if I did repaint her and they released the more yellow classic one later, which may be one of the reasons I don't do it, just in case. But I don't think it'll be any time soon. It's more of a trend for the retro cards and fan channel figures to be the repaints and slight alterations of already done characters. I don't know of many instances where the retro card is actually a new character we haven't gotten in a while or ever. So this is a little unprecedented. Even though Hecules was done before this new one seems to be almost an entirely new figure. As is Tigra. These 2 seem to be exceptions. So who knows when or if her classic duds will be done. I can't imagine they'd use this mold just once. But I don't see Tigra getting a ton of variations.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:10 am

I’m thinking classic Tigra is released in a West Coast Avengers set in a few years. Until then, I welcome this one onto my Avengers shelf.

Quick question: which is the more egregious over-use of orange?
This Tigra, or the old Burger King Hercules figure?
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:42 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:50 am
That's an aggressive shade of orange.
I feel like we're on the same damn page lately, because I got mine today and texted a couple of buddies to say literally the exact same thing about the shade of orange.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:00 am

Got Tigra! Very exciting to get a classic Avenger and West Coast Avenger. And her bold orange is accurate to more modern comics. I like it. I wouldn’t mind buying her again in a more yellow look as well.

Excellent figure. The costume is sculpted on—I remember people complaining that it looked like her costume wasn’t sculpted, but it is. Also nice fur details, like Norm mentioned. Love both head sculpts.

Great articulation with pinless double joints, great neck range for the angry head, and good ankle and torso range. Her tail works nicely for balancing.

All around, Tigra is an awesome figure! Happy I ordered a couple for a few teams. And my daughters really wanted her for their toy box, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:47 am

Got mine today as well. She's definitely a bright shade of orange, but I'm just happy to finally have her on the shelf. I'm curious if the sculpted fur means we've got a new Wolfsbane/Feral/Thornn on the way soon (please please please).

Worth noting - the tail pops out of the socket! I dropped her within ten minutes of getting her out of the package and thought I broke the tail but it pops right back in (provided it doesn't snap of course).
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:16 am

Stark Resilient wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:42 am
TheSameIdiot wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:50 am
That's an aggressive shade of orange.
I feel like we're on the same damn page lately, because I got mine today and texted a couple of buddies to say literally the exact same thing about the shade of orange.

I feel like we're usually pretty simpatico. We're definitely in line with figures from a certain era.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:57 am

fingfangfoom wrote:I’m thinking classic Tigra is released in a West Coast Avengers set in a few years. Until then, I welcome this one onto my Avengers shelf.

Quick question: which is the more egregious over-use of orange?
This Tigra, or the old Burger King Hercules figure?
Tigra. Hercules didn't bother me that much. Not sure why. But Tigras orange is irritating. Hercules looks like more of a wash maybe? Whereas Tigra is straight up cheeto plastic.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:37 pm

Next year is the Avengers 60th anniversary. Maybe we’ll get a box set of the original West Coast Team with a more classic muted color scheme and bigger hair for Tigra. Plus a classic Mockingbird.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:23 pm

The Juggernaut wave's Phoenix hair would look perfect on Tigra.

Not brave enough to try it myself, but if anyone does and wants to share pictures :wink:
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:39 pm

Beamish wrote:Next year is the Avengers 60th anniversary. Maybe we’ll get a box set of the original West Coast Team with a more classic muted color scheme and bigger hair for Tigra. Plus a classic Mockingbird.
Id easily take a box set of

- Mockingbird
- Tigra (more yellow/orange + new hair)
- moonknight (with gold accents)
- Hawkeye
- corrected SC ironman

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:17 pm

The calm head on this figure is beautiful. I don't picture Tigra with that hairstyle, but it's a lovely sculpt. Also, she looks a LOT like Jennifer Lawrence to me. This head would be a great start for a Lawrence Mystique custom.

I wish her claws, both hands and feet, were painted. I can do it, but I shouldn't have to.

Orange is my favorite color and this shade is even a little much for me. Again, it's beautiful - just BRIGHT.

I also love that not only did we get double-jointed arms, but we got the bicep swivel back as well! I've always liked that joint. And I love that her legs actually look powerful and not anemic.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics