Fan Channel Exclusives

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Fan Channel Exclusives

Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:11 pm

DerRabbi wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:42 am
May try to acetone the stripes off the aggressive face.
Please please please let me know if this works!!!!
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:06 pm

TestIng the swap and removed the markings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:12 pm

I remember that display base, I think I still have it. It's from Stan Winston's line of figures, no?
crackhead9000
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:47 pm

I got my Tigra from GameStop today. I think the colors look great in person and I can’t wait to snap some pics of her. Love the double elbows and pinless articulation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:55 pm

I’ve been anxiously awaiting a new Tigra figure since the rumors first started several years ago, so I didn’t think twice and immediately ordered one from GameStop when the news broke that they were in stock.

I’m starting to wish I had seen some of these in-hand pics first. I’m also starting to think that I’m in one of those movies where I got a nasty bump on my head two years ago, and while I’m seeing a serious regression in the line overall, everyone else still sees the same great figures we’ve come to know and love. If it wasn’t for all of the reassuring comments about how over-the-top orange she is, I’d probably go to the emergency room and get a CT scan.

Hopefully I’ll like her much better in hand. It wouldn’t be the first time that happened.
NORM

Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:08 pm

I'm kinda hoping the orange in pics is the camera's fault, and that in person, it's not as harsh. Either way, I'm glad to have an update to this character. I still have the old version, of others would prefer her colors.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:21 pm

I am the same way. I waited a very long time to order mine because I couldn't get over the orange. I don't mind calling things out when it's a mistake or a shit practice. I'll have her in hand in a few days. I'll decide what to do with her then. But a more yellow dry brush may be what I end up going with. And those stripes on her face are definitely going bye bye. The sculpt seems to be there. It's just the Cheeto color damaging it overall.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:54 pm

I love the Chester Cheetah orange, personally. Tigra may be my favorite female ML of all time. She’s just so damn cool. I love both heads!!
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:37 am

Man that’s going to be an annoying paint job to tone it down with all the black stripes.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:50 am

That's an aggressive shade of orange.
maschine9
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:56 pm

I ordered from Gamestop and it shipped within an hour so I cancelled my Pulse order for Tigra. The supply issues with Legends have been so weird to navigate (I never seem to pick the right retailer to preorder from, tho DST seems to get everything earlier)
NORM

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:16 pm

I think the thing you can count on in regards to who gets ML first is: It's never the same. Sometimes it's indie e-tailers like DST or BBTS, sometimes it's EE. (DST got their Infinity Saga figures way later than bricks & mortar.) Sometimes it's big box retailers, like Target, Walmart, or Amazon. Sometimes it's smaller retailers like GameStop, ShopDisney, Best Buy. It's almost NEVER Pulse. Pulse is only useful for its exclusives, if you're quick enough to order them successfully.

The inconsistency does mean you gotta pay attention, and be flexible about where you order from. I ALWAYS place my preorders with Pulse and Dorkside. But that's pretty much it. If I find someplace else has it in early, I'll typically cancel my Pulse order unless I'm looking for multiples. I rarely cancel my Dorkside POs even if I've found something before they get it because I don't want to screw an independent e-tailer. I usually need at least a second copy anyway.

But I'm not like most, since I buy multiples, and I'm in a place financially where I can do that. People these days are more choosy, especially thanks to price increases. I'd recommend placing a PO with one place you trust to get you what you need consistently, but if you find it sooner, be patient, or be comfortable canceling with your trusted source.
TheLoneToyman
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:12 pm

I got my Tigra yesterday, and while the orange is definitely too saturated, the figure is pretty decent overall.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:24 pm

NORM wrote:The inconsistency does mean you gotta pay attention, and be flexible about where you order from. I ALWAYS place my preorders with Pulse and Dorkside. But that's pretty much it. If I find someplace else has it in early, I'll typically cancel my Pulse order unless I'm looking for multiples. I rarely cancel my Dorkside POs even if I've found something before they get it because I don't want to screw an independent e-tailer.
That’s pretty much exactly how I operate. Pulse for their exclusives and one-offs - individual Fan Channel releases with their free shipping. Dorkside always for complete waves or any order thats more than one or two items. Pulse always seems to get things last but I don’t mind waiting (except for Armadillo, which I need RIGHT NOW). Once DS rolls out their “pile of loot” style system I probably won’t be ordering much of anything from Pulse.
TheeCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:18 pm

I started to try and tone down the color but decided against it for now. She is just so well done. So many positives outside of the color and even that I don’t mind.

But I really feel like they have turned the corner when they get to do figure that is practically all new. The What If line, this one… they just feel vastly superior than figures from even a year ago.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics