Walgreens Exclusives

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Walgreens Exclusives

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:36 pm

Sucks that this strictly a Walgreens exclusive but I guess it's a much cheaper alternative than spending $75+ for the con exclusive.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Littlemidget312
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:30 am

I need her - I am just so tired of that face/hair reuse
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:10 am

Crusher Creel wrote:Lame. I can understand the original Thunderbolts costume (as bad as it was) to get closer to completing that team or my preference which is the classic yellow w/helmet but this one is so uninspired. Was anyone really asking for this version of Moonstone?
I was. This is her suit in Marvel: Avengers Alliance, and since she was a playable character, I need her. Now, here's hoping I can find her...

Sent from The Void using My Incredible Mind

Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:21 am

Littlemidget312 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:30 am
I need her - I am just so tired of that face/hair reuse
Karla should definitely have a sneer or sly grin. This face is too bland for her.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:29 am

I don’t have the SDCC set and I can use this moonstone, but I agree a V1 Moonstone or Dark Ms. Marvel would have been preferable. Meteorite would be too much to hopeful through Walgreens.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:37 am

I would love to get Moonstone in her Masters of Evil costume with the silver head fin, and in her Meteorite costume from Thunderbolts, and in her Dark Ms. Marvel costume.

But I also really like the look of this version. While I like the SDCC figure a lot, the elbows always felt fragile to me. Double jointed pinless arms resolve my only problem with the old figure. So it’s a nice upgrade for me.

Would be cool to get a similarly upgraded Carol Danvers Captain Marvel with face printing and double pinless elbows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:12 am

I wish they would use this buck for Storm!

Monkey Joe
Avengers Assemble

Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:22 am

Sweet! I've been missing her from the collection. Is she the last one to be remade from that boxset?
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:46 am

Monkey Joe wrote:Sweet! I've been missing her from the collection. Is she the last one to be remade from that boxset?
Unfortunately, Ghost and Satana have not been remade yet.

Monkey Joe
Avengers Assemble

Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:50 am

ah, that's right, bummer
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:49 am

Admittedly I'd have preferred the Dark Ms. Marvel look or even the finned helmet look because I have the previous version of this costume, this one's been so hard to find for so long (I admit I overpaid for it myself) that I bet this announcement made a few collectors' day so they can stop stalking those 100 dollar ebay listings. As someone else mentioned, the original does feel a little fragile in hand, too, so I'd be game for an upgrade even having spent months chasing down the SDCC version.

That being said, Hasbro if you're listening... a ton of us would by Karla Sofen in any of her other looks, too! Make them and we will buy!
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:06 pm

Dark Ms. Marvel would have been easy money. This version? I'm glad for those that want to complete the team now get a chance to. I suggest holding out, you'll probably get her on clearance.
Crusher Creel
Avengers Assemble

Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:46 pm

mr_mxyzptlk wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:10 am
Crusher Creel wrote:Lame. I can understand the original Thunderbolts costume (as bad as it was) to get closer to completing that team or my preference which is the classic yellow w/helmet but this one is so uninspired. Was anyone really asking for this version of Moonstone?
I was. This is her suit in Marvel: Avengers Alliance, and since she was a playable character, I need her. Now, here's hoping I can find her...

Sent from The Void using My Incredible Mind

Fair enough. I’m always happy when a fellow collector gets what they want and I wish you the best of luck tracking this figure down. It seems Walgreens has been much better lately getting this stuff on their website for ordering so hopefully that trend continues.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:55 pm

100ptsofarticulation wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:06 pm
Dark Ms. Marvel would have been easy money. This version? I'm glad for those that want to complete the team now get a chance to. I suggest holding out, you'll probably get her on clearance.
I'm hoping there might be a classic Carol with a Dark Avengers Karla head Fan Channel retro card surprise sometime in 2023. It fits both as a Marvels tie-in and Avengers 60th anniversary offering, and many of us would probably buy two for separate displays. Are you reading this, Hasbro? DOUBLE PROFITS!!!!!!
Plus that's one more character in the correct costume closer to finishing The Korvac Saga! :D
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:39 pm

I would have preferred the Meteorite look to go with the FA Thunderbolts they've been building, but a second chance at an SDCC exclusive is always welcome.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”