Walgreens Exclusives

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Walgreens Exclusives

Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:22 am

Seasick Pirate wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:44 am
Has Jigsaw made a second appearance since his debut? I missed out the first day so did my best checking a few times a day after that. After a while it because a couple times a day, then once a day. Now, I’m lucky if I remember to see if he dropped again.

He’ll probably show up again state-side eventually. Somewhere.
He was up today and has since sold out again.
Littlemidget312
CROM!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:00 pm

Geez again? It says in stock but it won’t let me add him. Was he up for 5 mins? Lol
Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:30 pm

mattmurdog wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:22 am
Seasick Pirate wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:44 am
Has Jigsaw made a second appearance since his debut? I missed out the first day so did my best checking a few times a day after that. After a while it because a couple times a day, then once a day. Now, I’m lucky if I remember to see if he dropped again.

He’ll probably show up again state-side eventually. Somewhere.
He was up today and has since sold out again.
I don't think it was available for order, I was trying as soon as it went up the second time, it's been unorderable ever since it was listed last night.
Synth
Here comes a new challenger!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:05 pm

I've been trying to order Jigsaw ever since I missed out. He is a more obscure character than Baron Zemo I thought?
Finally saw the *Shipping* and clicked add for shipping... Still nothing but the error message since last night. 🥴

"Marvel Legends Series Marvel's Jigsaw is not available at this time and has been removed from your cart."
Popoman
CROM?

Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:34 pm

Ah, Zemo from arrived yesterday from Zavvi! Great figure, glad I didn't miss out on him. Definitely a welcome replacement for my modern Zemo. I prefer the more garish designs most of the time :lol:
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:29 pm

Zemo is my figure of the year so far. Definitely better and more interesting action figures have been and will be released this year, but Zemo just perfectly translates the character from page to figure. Still really thrilled with how well he came out after 20 years of waiting!
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:38 pm

Man.... I wish I could find Binary for $2.49 - at that price I would buy literally any Marvel Legends figure for custom fodder. I love the Binary figure - I bought 1 at regular price more than a month after I had already traded for one. I don't need an army of them, but $2.49 for any Legends figure is too good to pass up.

I still haven't seen any Walgreen's exclusive in person in months. Luckily I am all caught up thanks to the kindness of other Fwooshers. Interested to see who the last two exclusives for the year are - and to ask if this insane partnership with Walgreen's will be extended further or if the program finally ends after this year.
DaThing
CROM!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:55 pm

I am also eagerly waiting to see who the final 2 figures are, we definitely need all the villains we can get.

I'm sure that as long as Walgreens wants to keep selling exclusive figures, Hasbro will keep making them. It will be interesting to see if it continues next year and how much of a price jump Walgreens will make.

In my opinion, Walgreens has gotten better with the last few figures. It took them a while to get back up to date after they got so far behind. However, I still have not seen a single exclusive in a store since Moon Knight. All of the cosmic figures and Baron Zemo, I had to order from a different retailer. Jigsaw was the only one I was able to order directly from Walgreens. If the exclusives continue, hopefully it'll just get better and not worse.
StjJames
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:21 pm

My guess for the final two figures are:

White Elektra

BAF Super Skrull
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:12 pm

StjJames wrote:

White Elektra

BAF Super Skrull
This would be disappointing, since I want new characters, but it makes a lot of sense:

White Elektra = minimal cost + fits the “sometimes hero” clue

Super-Skrull = minimal cost + could cross-sell with Galactus and other FF adjacent stuff coming out in the next few months
Darth_Drakonis
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:11 pm

fingfangfoom wrote:
StjJames wrote:

White Elektra

BAF Super Skrull
This would be disappointing, since I want new characters, but it makes a lot of sense:

Super-Skrull = minimal cost + could cross-sell with Galactus and other FF adjacent stuff coming out in the next few months
You are a sadist if you want new characters as Walgreens exclusives.

I missed out on Jigsaw... fortunately its not a "must have" for me, but I definitely wanted him. There was about a 12 hour window before he was sold out. If the Walgreens exclusives are going to become more and more elusive they need to be repaints.
StjJames
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:58 pm

fingfangfoom wrote:
StjJames wrote:

White Elektra

BAF Super Skrull

That was my exact thought process with those guesses.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:55 pm

After not seeing virtually any Marvel Legends at Walgreens in months, I amazingly found a lone Binary at one store near me yesterday. I'm not really interested in the character, but I figured at $2.49 she'd definitely be worth picking up. But of course she rang up $25. So I left her there for someone who really wants her and is willing to pay full price.

Now if this had been a couple of years ago and she'd been around $20 I might have gotten her. But that price hike is more than I'm willing to pay for just any old Marvel Legend these days. I'll only pay that if it's an absolute must have for me now.
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:13 am

Darth_Drakonis wrote:
Masochist, if you please.
I’d be a sadist if I coerced you to want only new characters from Walgreens.
Walgreens is the sadist. And I am there for the punishment.
Darth_Drakonis
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:57 pm

fingfangfoom wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:13 am
Darth_Drakonis wrote:
Masochist, if you please.
I’d be a sadist if I coerced you to want only new characters from Walgreens.
Walgreens is the sadist. And I am there for the punishment.
Fair enough :lol:

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”