Walgreens Exclusives

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Walgreens Exclusives

Sun May 29, 2022 1:31 am

Honestly, I’d be happy if Jigsaw was the last, and this is the end of the Walgreens / Hasbro relationship altogether.

Sure, Legends haven’t been too bad to get lately, but Star Wars and Power Rangers fans have really been screwed over and it’s time for the partnership to just end.

As much as I want someone like a Mandarin, I don’t want to deal with Walgreens to get it. He would do just fine as Fan Channel.
Logan622
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun May 29, 2022 2:39 am

For anyone having trouble standing Jigsaw right out of the box like I was (seems like the legs are slightly different lengths on my copy), I ended up swapping his knees and that seems to have done the trick

Also used a little bit of hot water to soften his jacket and press it firmly down against his shoulders and chest so it’s not riding up so much… looks much, much better now
MLNUT
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 2:52 am

Roufuss wrote:
Honestly, I’d be happy if Jigsaw was the last, and this is the end of the Walgreens / Hasbro relationship altogether.

Sure, Legends haven’t been too bad to get lately, but Star Wars and Power Rangers fans have really been screwed over and it’s time for the partnership to just end.

As much as I want someone like a Mandarin, I don’t want to deal with Walgreens to get it. He would do just fine as Fan Channel.
I've gotten EVERY Walgreens figure I ever wanted. Even easier getting the last 3 online. What's so hard about dealing with Walgreens now? Since I mostly collect ML, I could care less if Walgreens carries Star Wars or Power Rangers.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 7:27 am

MLNUT wrote:
Roufuss wrote:

I've gotten EVERY Walgreens figure I ever wanted. Even easier getting the last 3 online. What's so hard about dealing with Walgreens now? Since I mostly collect ML, I could care less if Walgreens carries Star Wars or Power Rangers.
Not everything is about you my guy. Some of us collect more then just ML. Quite a few actually. And theres a whole wide world of other people that exist.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 2:41 pm

Plus, not all of us managed to catch everything online. I got Quasar, but missed Zemo. And finding anything in the Walgreens near me is a joke these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaThing
CROM!

Sun May 29, 2022 3:32 pm

The stores are almost a complete waste of time these days. I checked the store that I had my Jigsaw sent to for pickup so I didn't have to pay for shipping and there was a single astral Strange from the MOM wave and a Jen Erso from the original wave of Rogue One figures.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 6:44 pm

DaThing wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 3:32 pm
The stores are almost a complete waste of time these days. I checked the store that I had my Jigsaw sent to for pickup so I didn't have to pay for shipping and there was a single astral Strange from the MOM wave and a Jen Erso from the original wave of Rogue One figures.
That's better than my store which had 0 MLs. Strangely I did find a NECA Myers, and a lot of DST Avatar.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 7:28 pm

Roufuss wrote:

Im with you 100 percent on this. Same goes for Wal-Mart and Target, even if you are able to get an order in with them, it's managed horribly. Retail exclusives have gotten out of hand and are typically a source of frustration for a lot of collectors. I don't bother trying anymore unless it's truly a must have character.

Gamestop really seems to be the only larger retailer that gets these pre-orders right for some reason in my experience.
CaptainRon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Walgreens Exclusives

Sun May 29, 2022 8:34 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:Gamestop really seems to be the only larger retailer that gets these pre-orders right for some reason in my experience.
I believe much of what they sell is pre-ordered. Video games, etc. So it’s in their wheelhouse.

Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 11:14 pm

CaptainRon wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 8:34 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:Gamestop really seems to be the only larger retailer that gets these pre-orders right for some reason in my experience.
I believe much of what they sell is pre-ordered. Video games, etc. So it’s in their wheelhouse.

Very true! Im sure that's a big part of it. Smaller guys like BBTS, Dorkside &, Entertainment Earth get it right too. I think another part is that the bigger corporations use processes and guidelines that are way too over-complicated. The constant pre-authozirations dropping & re-appearing only happens with the big guys, and that's usually when folks pre-orders get cancelled from what I've seen. That doesnt happen w/Walgreens at least in my experience though.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 30, 2022 3:06 am

I don’t think GameStop’s track recorded for preorders is spotless though. I’ve definitely had delays there, which is why I don’t preorder anything from them these days, if I can avoid it. I remember preordering something, and part of that order got delayed while the rest shipped on time. Because some shipped, I couldn’t cancel the delayed stuff. I don’t mind ordering anything from them in stock, usually arrives quick, and I usually order enough to qualify for free shipping. Their prices have always been a little higher than the rest, but everyone else seems to have caught up to or exceeded their prices.
Scissors
HULK SMASH!

Mon May 30, 2022 7:04 am

For you guys in the U.S. who are frustrated by Walgreens... remember that we in Canada ( and presumably the rest of the world) are continuously screwed by Target and Walmart exclusives. ESPECIALLY Walmart exclusives, since they can only be ordered online in U.S. Walmart. I have not been able to get ANY of those products in the last few years, including some critical figures such as classic Dr. Strange and upcoming Lizard.

Many of us want THAT practice to end.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 30, 2022 8:31 am

To be fair, alot of US people get screwed by walmart and target exclusives too. They're just bad at exclusives in general. But yes, no exclusives would be ideal. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be a good business model, according to basically any collectible company. I get why they exist, but they should make them ****in available to everyone, and make enough so they're not super hard to get for anyone. It really does suck.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 30, 2022 5:28 pm

NORM wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 3:06 am
I don’t think GameStop’s track recorded for preorders is spotless though. I’ve definitely had delays there, which is why I don’t preorder anything from them these days, if I can avoid it. I remember preordering something, and part of that order got delayed while the rest shipped on time. Because some shipped, I couldn’t cancel the delayed stuff. I don’t mind ordering anything from them in stock, usually arrives quick, and I usually order enough to qualify for free shipping. Their prices have always been a little higher than the rest, but everyone else seems to have caught up to or exceeded their prices.
Yeah, Gamestop is definitely not perfect. Ive had a few issues in the past there as well. But in my personal experience, Ive always bern able to place orders for exclusives easily snd have received everything Ive ordered there. And as a bonus there’s never any pre-authorizations there. I cant say the same for Walgreens/WalMart/Target.

I dont mind the occasional con exclusive and such, but I hate that its become such a regular thing with the big retailers.
SymbiSpidey
Avengers Assemble

Tue May 31, 2022 1:20 am

Really, it wasn't so problematic until stores started getting A-list characters as exclusives. That's really when shit hit the fan. The odd repaint or a background supporting character? I've got no issue with that. But it's wild how, for the longest time, the only classic-ish rendition of Captain America was a Wal-Mart Exclusive.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics