Walgreens Exclusives

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Walgreens Exclusives

Thu May 26, 2022 10:29 pm

Mr potatohead wrote:Going on my 4th day of watching my Jigsaw not move from the FedEx 1 frickin' city over. At least UPS will let you pick packages up if you want.

Also, with all the film love I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Jane's "Dirty Laundry." If you've only seen Bernthal's interpretation you can watch this short film on youtube to expand your base a bit. For a lot of people this was the #1 filmic interpretation of Castle before Jon B's. I also think it's cool that Jane wants to direct Bernthal as Puny in something. I'd say he has as much right as any of these other folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc
I have seen that and I quite enjoyed it as well. I know they won't, but it could be cool to get a Punisher multiverse movie like they did with Spiderman, doing the old ones and Bernthal. But it would be too hard probably, and the story would have to make sense. It doesn't seem like a Punisher kind of story to do. But one can dream.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 10:42 pm

A Punisher multiverse movie would end up being “Last Frank Standing”
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 2:44 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 10:29 pm
Mr potatohead wrote:Going on my 4th day of watching my Jigsaw not move from the FedEx 1 frickin' city over. At least UPS will let you pick packages up if you want.

Also, with all the film love I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Jane's "Dirty Laundry." If you've only seen Bernthal's interpretation you can watch this short film on youtube to expand your base a bit. For a lot of people this was the #1 filmic interpretation of Castle before Jon B's. I also think it's cool that Jane wants to direct Bernthal as Puny in something. I'd say he has as much right as any of these other folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc
I have seen that and I quite enjoyed it as well. I know they won't, but it could be cool to get a Punisher multiverse movie like they did with Spiderman, doing the old ones and Bernthal. But it would be too hard probably, and the story would have to make sense. It doesn't seem like a Punisher kind of story to do. But one can dream.
I still haven't worked up the nerve to sit through WZ yet (if I remember I'll watch it next time I go "up north" if it's streaming anywhere), but I do find things I like about the other films. In all cases I like the actors, so why not.

Oh, and as someone else mentioned I did get the fake-out email saying Jiggy was delivered only to find he wasn't. When I check the tracking it still shows it's at the same FedEx. Fingers crossed I get this bugger over the weekend.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 3:31 pm

fingfangfoom wrote:A Punisher multiverse movie would end up being “Last Frank Standing”
Lol that is probably true. But it would be a hell of a ride.

Kingpin orchestrated it all. Vincent D'Onofrio ftw.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TinkerersAssistant02
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 27, 2022 5:14 pm

Whitlow wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 12:24 pm
Hey Benty, TinkerersAssistant02 and StJames -
we all posted around the same time on Tuesday about the our Jigsaw Walgreens orders lack of movement. Mine is still awaiting pick-up by the USPS - how are you guys making out? Any luck?
Yeah, the USPS dropped it off Wednesday afternoon. It went from still saying awaiting pick-up Wednesday morning to getting delivered that afternoon, so I'm thinking it was just delayed updates on the tracking.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 5:45 pm

Mine was awaiting USPS pick up, but it shipped and was in stores by Monday. Picked it up Tuesday. Already an old figure that I'm tired of by Friday. JK
VonDoom62
CROM!

Fri May 27, 2022 7:40 pm

Bit late to the party, but I got Baron Zemo from Zavvi and I just have to say WOW. This is pretty much everything I wanted from a classic Helmut Zemo figure. He looks great in just about any pose I put him in.

Hasbro did a great job on this one, it's just too bad he's an exclusive. Here's hoping we get a Heinrich Zemo of this quality soon.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 8:44 pm

Seems if they are making a Q3 Walgreens figure they would be close to an announcement.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Fri May 27, 2022 9:07 pm

Had a chance to open Jigsaw—he’s awesome! Love all the accessories. Fantastic head sculpt with excellent paint applications. He’s really a perfect figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Sat May 28, 2022 5:52 am

DerRabbi wrote:Seems if they are making a Q3 Walgreens figure they would be close to an announcement.
I hope so - the announcement seems delayed. Hoping for an X-villain - maybe Avalanche? Destiny? Stryfe update?
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sat May 28, 2022 3:09 pm

Haven't the Walgreens exclusives always overlapped? I might be remembering wrong but I thought they always previewed the next reveal while we were still waiting for past reveals? If I'm making any sense.

I just don't remember ever being caught up like this with the Walgreens exclusives.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 3:31 pm

100ptsofarticulation wrote:
Haven't the Walgreens exclusives always overlapped? I might be remembering wrong but I thought they always previewed the next reveal while we were still waiting for past reveals? If I'm making any sense.

I just don't remember ever being caught up like this with the Walgreens exclusives.
I doubt that was ever a rule. And if it was, I'm sure that rule is out the window in the Covid era.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sat May 28, 2022 4:04 pm

NORM wrote:

I doubt that was ever a rule. And if it was, I'm sure that rule is out the window in the Covid era.
No not saying it was a rule. I just don't recall ever not knowing what was coming next. Like they did the X-theme, then the cosmic, and now the bad guys. Just don't remember there being a gap of not knowing what was next.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 4:07 pm

Sat May 28, 2022 4:04 pm
NORM wrote:

No not saying it was a rule. I just don't recall ever not knowing what was coming next. Like they did the X-theme, then the cosmic, and now the bad guys. Just don't remember there being a gap of not knowing what was next.
That’s funny because I can’t remember specifically when I knew releases were coming or announced, let alone whether or not they overlapped a current release. That’s some tediously specific recall.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 12:59 am

Dorkside has now also listed Quasar as a preorder.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”