Walgreens Exclusives

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Walgreens Exclusives

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:19 am

I really want Hasbro to address this - I checked a Walgreens today, too, and found NOTHING - all the spots for figures are gone.

Why is this company continuing to receive great exclusives? I really really want Quasar, too!!!

Did anyone ever post his WIC number?
StjJames
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:57 am

I wouldn’t be surprised if Walgreens has sold all the missing and upcoming figures they’re planned to receive to some discount close out chain and one day we’ll see them all turn up at Five Below or Ollie’s for $5 each.
tru48082
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:44 am

tru48082 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:13 am
Ok...I'm getting tried of this Walgreens BS.

To anyone who has placed an order with Robot Kingdom for Quasar or Binary.....OR dealt with them in general. I'd love to hear from you.

1. Are their prices reasonable? Overall were you glad you did it?

2. How was their Service? Were you pleasantly surprised?

3. What type of Shipping would you suggest?

I appreciate any and all comments.

-tru48082
Thanks to all who provided some input. I am still on the fence about ordering. I am really hoping that Walgreens will pull through and they'll start to show with some frequency.

I regularly search Ebay to gauge their location in the U.S. There were 2 locations in the Chicago, Illinois area, back around Christmas and I saw one or two listed in Florida a week or two ago. Checking moments ago, I now see 2 for sale within New Jersey.

Plus, a quick check of Binary finds her in Minneapolis, MN. It just doesn't make sense.

I think I am going to wait it out until the end of February.

- tru48082
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:07 am

I kind of stopped paying attention to the Quasar search after giving up a few weeks back and just did a quick search tonight and wow... Robot Kingdom says it's 46 bucks to ship one to my state, and the eBay prices are crazy right now. I'm just gonna have to hang back and hope Walgreens finds thousands of these on a truck somewhere and dumps them into stores later this year. I really dig Quasar, like enough I'd pay double for him if Walgreens completely bombs distribution permanently, but I can't justify $80. In a way it's almost better that the charges are so high - I'd be tempted at $50 with shipping and feel like a fool, but $80 I can talk myself out of it.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:20 pm

I still think patience will pay off for Quasar and Binary, and I'm hopeful that whatever the issue is will get sorted out this year for the villains releases. There's no reason Walgreens would continue to order and pay for exclusive figures only to dump them to a discount store. They will get released eventually.
CO_Alex
CROM!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:12 pm

I think the reality of Walgreens exclusives now is that a few dozen stores in the US will have shelves full of exclusives and the rest of the stores will be bone dry as they have been for months. It’s luck and willing to pay scalper prices which in my case is a negative Ghost-rider. I’ve been severely cutting back with Legends the last eight months and with the constant price increases and lack of stock in the wild it makes my cutting back much easier. I still PO my most wanted, but even that has dwindled considerably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:09 pm

I scored Nova in person and online. If I don't find Quasar or Binary in person, I will still try online, should they ever go up.
DaThing
CROM!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:58 am

I'm current on the Walgreens exclusives except for the Baron Zemo so I haven't been into a store in quite a while. Out of curiosity and because I was looking for something else, I checked the toy aisle on my way home from work yesterday. 1 Marvel legend(house of x Sentinel) and the same Jyn Erso that's been there for years. I still have not seen a ML exclusive in a store since Silver centurion iron man.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:03 am

NORM wrote:
I scored Nova in person and online. If I don't find Quasar or Binary in person, I will still try online, should they ever go up.
I was lucky enough to get 2 Nova's from Walgreen's site, which allows for free shipping. Perfectly cool as he's an army builder. I don't need 2 Quasar's or Binary's and would prefer not to have to pay for shipping on them. So I'm really holding out that they will show up in the stores. I've got a half dozen of them near me.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:48 am

TFitz wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:03 am
NORM wrote:
I was lucky enough to get 2 Nova's from Walgreen's site, which allows for free shipping. Perfectly cool as he's an army builder. I don't need 2 Quasar's or Binary's and would prefer not to have to pay for shipping on them. So I'm really holding out that they will show up in the stores. I've got a half dozen of them near me.
Order enough of either to qualify for free shipping. No doubt you’d be able to unload the extras by helping those who can’t get it.
Raybot
Swears it's 6 inches

Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:07 am

I don’t care how poorly their exclusives get to shelves if they can manage to jam pack their website warehouse with the things like they managed did with Nova. Thing was on there for 2 weeks or so and they had plenty of discounts available.

I don’t mind Target or Walmart runs much but there’s literally no other reason for me to be at Walgreens than their barely stocked toy aisle.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:32 pm

Walgreens recently put their exclusive Transformers Red Alert up on their app/site, so it’s still possible we see Quasar at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:07 pm

kantboy2
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:08 pm

Ha! I was going to post it iust now.

That means that it should be in the US end of February..?

Check Walgreens' website to see if it comes up for preorder
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:21 pm

kantboy2 wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:08 pm
That means that it should be in the US end of February..?
More like February 2023 at best...

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”