Walgreens Exclusives

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Chooch
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Walgreens Exclusives

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:12 am

Could be a Thunderbolt.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:18 am

StjJames wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:05 am
Well its been confirmed in the Marvel Legends team interview with Dan Who that the Walgreens theme for 2022 is Super Villains. They also said one of the characters is not always thought of as a villain but at times could be a hero. The term “antihero” was used. Who do we think it could be?

Dan Yun is the one who dropped that hint, but it was Dan Who who used the word "anti-hero" as speculation. I wouldn't think they'd put a "Marvel Super-Villains" label on an anti-hero like Deadpool or Punisher though, so I'm guessing it isn't an anti-hero but instead someone who has flipped sides at least once.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:36 am

Maybe Squadron Supreme or Shi’ar royal guard?

Super villains was my favorite wave in some time, so of course the continuation of it is at my absolute least favorite place for exclusives.
blobfrombeyond
Avengers Assemble

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:26 pm

Since we are unlikely to ever get a full DD wave, throw us a bone via Walgreens and give us Gladiator or Owl….?
Please?
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:43 pm

Boy Wonder wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:36 am
Super villains was my favorite wave in some time, so of course the continuation of it is at my absolute least favorite place for exclusives.
Agreed! In an excellent year the supervillains wave stood out. Excited to see what comes after Zemo.

Buuuut, still no Novas that have gotten within 100 miles of Atlanta. I have to imagine whatever stock is allotted for the region is just backlogged somewhere and patience will pay off. Still hopeful these make it on the website.
iskopower
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:27 pm

I really hope Quasar starts showing up in stores. We're a few days coming into November and there's still no signs of him in the stores. At this point, Binary would probably be coming next year.

He's my most wanted figure from this year's Walgreens outings. I've been tempted a few times to just go the overseas or second market route just to be done with it.
Junkpile
one man's trash...

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:31 pm

iskopower wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:27 pm
I really hope Quasar starts showing up in stores. We're a few days coming into November and there's still no signs of him in the stores. At this point, Binary would probably be coming next year.

He's my most wanted figure from this year's Walgreens outings. I've been tempted a few times to just go the overseas or second market route just to be done with it.
I feel the same way about Quasar, but we still really haven't even seen Nova. No eBay listing within 150 miles at the moment. Quasar and Zemo are must-haves for me (Quasar has been on my top ten for YEARS).
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:44 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
StjJames wrote:
Well its been confirmed in the Marvel Legends team interview with Dan Who that the Walgreens theme for 2022 is Super Villains. They also said one of the characters is not always thought of as a villain but at times could be a hero. The term “antihero” was used. Who do we think it could be?

Dan Yun is the one who dropped that hint, but it was Dan Who who used the word "anti-hero" as speculation. I wouldn't think they'd put a "Marvel Super-Villains" label on an anti-hero like Deadpool or Punisher though, so I'm guessing it isn't an anti-hero but instead someone who has flipped sides at least once.
Swordsman?
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:47 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
StjJames wrote:

Swordsman?
Classic Swordsman would be cool to finally add to the Avengers shelf.

I wonder if they could include a Thunderbolt here as the anti-hero/anti-villain. Maybe Fixer? I'd love to get a classic Moonstone, if she counts.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:54 pm

BILLIUM wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:47 pm
Stark Resilient wrote:
EnigmaticClarity wrote:

Swordsman?
Classic Swordsman would be cool to finally add to the Avengers shelf.

I wonder if they could include a Thunderbolt here as the anti-hero/anti-villain. Maybe Fixer? I'd love to get a classic Moonstone, if she counts.
Yelena Belova? Cinematically she's a hero. Comic-wise, not so much.
Doober
CROM!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:10 pm

I would like to think Marrow would be possible

because I really want a figure of her.
ig64
Hot Female Designated Assassin Droid

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:18 pm

With Maggott coming, I think they'll start to hit that mid-90s post AoA, Onslaught-era soon, so Marrow is most likely on the radar.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:25 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
StjJames wrote:

Calling it now - Elektra in the white costume from the fan poll.
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:27 pm

StjJames wrote:
The "heroic" villain could be almost anyone:
Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver
Namor
Penance
Echo or Swordsman
Wonder Man, Hawkeye and Black Widow started as villains
any of the Morlocks
any of the Dark Avengers
any of the Thunderbolts
any of the X-Men, really, could fit, because their perception by the public is often skewed as "anti-human"
even Spider-Man, if you believe the Daily Bugle's propaganda
Left Field
Veteran Slugger

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:25 pm

God, no more Namor at Walgreens.

We're not yet rid of the first ones.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”