Walgreens Exclusives

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Walgreens Exclusives

Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:41 pm

Raybot wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:51 am
At least they haven’t managed to exclude ML from their discounts and coupons. I’ve gotten enough back in rewards on whatever I’ve found since the prime hike that the prices basically evened out to $20 apiece.
Oh, they've had a few exclusions to Hasbro and/or Marvel before Covid. I haven't bought anything other than 2 GI Joe figures since then (and I got those clearance 1/2 price so I couldn't even use the coupon I went there to use) so I haven't kept up. Hopefully that trend doesn't resurface.
stack32
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:07 pm

Non-collectors already think the prices are crazy. Personally, when I thought about ordering some newer figures from BBTS and saw $24.99 I couldn't bring myself to go through with the order. The fact that there are relatively few significant holes in my collection (though Nova is one of them) makes it easier to be picky as prices go up.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:44 pm

NORM wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:40 pm
Bashbash99 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:05 pm
NORM wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:56 am

Nova rings up for 23.99, so with tax it's close to $25.
I know its only a $1 boost on top of hasbro's overall price hike, but it still bugs me.. especially since it feels like if Nova had been released here when he was released in Canada, the price hike wouldn't have kicked in yet.

So far, Walgreens is making it easy for me by simply not having Nova at any of the stores I've been to (and of course nothing on their website). If i do spot one in person, i'll probably shell out for him despite my grumblings here.
This is just life now. Price increases, short supplies, delayed shipments, are all part of the pandemic and related shutdowns. All of those factors and more filter into the cost of goods. It totally sucks, but this is a luxury hobby! It's totally our choice to buy or not buy. Obviously you get that, and it sucks for all of us. I wonder what the is going to sink the ship. $30 for a standard figure? $50? Could we see those days?

You're right about it being a luxury hobby, but goods across the board have gone up in price. If salaries had gone up with the increase (or at all in the last 50 years), we'd be in a better place.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:13 pm

Went to six Walgreens last week, and six yesterday that were different than the six from last week. No sign of Nova or any other Legends at any of them aside from a few remnant Medusas and Namors. The mismanagement of Legends following the departure of their toy manager in late 2019 continues unabated. :cry:

What I find the most puzzling about Walgreens is that the employees clearly try to avoid empty rows by placing other toys in the empty row designated for Legends, and not once have I seen them put a figure in the Legends row that's priced at $23.99 like they now price Legends at. Walmart and Target don't do this because they don't want customers to be confused about pricing by putting an item on a peg that's priced differently than the peg tag, but Walgreens employees clearly aren't trained to do this at all, they're trained to just not leave any empty rows even if you put a cheaper item over a tag that's priced higher. :rolleyes:

Mostly I see them putting the $9.99 9-inch Marvel toys in the Legends row, but they'll put anything in there to avoid empty rows.
Hagop
Pietro's Running Mate

Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:38 pm

Found at Duane Reade in Jackson Heights. They had a full shelf (about 6). FWIW it rang up as "Mr. Fantastic"
tru48082
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:06 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:13 pm
Went to six Walgreens last week, and six yesterday that were different than the six from last week. No sign of Nova or any other Legends at any of them aside from a few remnant Medusas and Namors. The mismanagement of Legends following the departure of their toy manager in late 2019 continues unabated. :cry:

What I find the most puzzling about Walgreens is that the employees clearly try to avoid empty rows by placing other toys in the empty row designated for Legends, and not once have I seen them put a figure in the Legends row that's priced at $23.99 like they now price Legends at. Walmart and Target don't do this because they don't want customers to be confused about pricing by putting an item on a peg that's priced differently than the peg tag, but Walgreens employees clearly aren't trained to do this at all, they're trained to just not leave any empty rows even if you put a cheaper item over a tag that's priced higher. :rolleyes:

Mostly I see them putting the $9.99 9-inch Marvel toys in the Legends row, but they'll put anything in there to avoid empty rows.
It's like the mid-west is devoid of this figure. And there's a Walgreens Distribution Center about an hour and 30 minutes south of Detroit in Perrysburg, OH. Normally, after initial sightings, it takes about 3-4 weeks before Michigan sees it, but this is taking for for-ever!

-tru48082
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:11 pm

tru48082 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:06 pm
It's like the mid-west is devoid of this figure. And there's a Walgreens Distribution Center about an hour and 30 minutes south of Detroit in Perrysburg, OH. Normally, after initial sightings, it takes about 3-4 weeks before Michigan sees it, but this is taking for for-ever!

My nearest distribution center is three hours away (I'm in central Virginia). Usually it's 2-3 weeks after first sighting that my area gets it, but this time it's taking longer.

Just went back and checked--the first sighting posted in this thread was August 25, so almost exactly four weeks ago. I've checked eBay and nobody in my region has sold one either, so odds are high my area just hasn't gotten any yet.
Jonan
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:11 pm

Managed to snag both Nova and Quasar yesterday. Nova from a local friend who managed to pick one up and Quasar from a buddy in Canada who I got to see for the first time since this pandemic nonsense started. As soon as we made it over the border, I knew he would finally be in my possession, haha!

Since I inherited the first 30something issues of Quasar's series when I was 8, I bave a bit of a fondness for the character, and the figures is VERY well done. Accessories could've been better, but the cape, headsculpt, paint, and everything else about it work really well together. It's easily a top 5 for 2021 for me.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:29 pm

I popped into a few Walgreens yesterday and saw nothing, not even a single Legends figure, so I just irritably logged onto eBay and happened to find one newly listed for frankly, a price low enough given the new MSRP price I hope the seller found it falling off the back of a truck. With shipping, ten bucks more than I'd pay in store, and if that means I'm not going into Walgreens every day for the next month looking for one, that's ten bucks well spent.

I'm really looking forward to Quasar too. There's something about those old, simple cosmic designs I just love. Mar-Vell has never left my shelf since I opened him and he's really one of the simplest figures sculpt-wise you can get.
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:02 pm

Jonan wrote:
Managed to snag both Nova and Quasar yesterday. Nova from a local friend who managed to pick one up and Quasar from a buddy in Canada who I got to see for the first time since this pandemic nonsense started. As soon as we made it over the border, I knew he would finally be in my possession, haha!
So you smuggled a cosmic entity over national borders…
Whose jurisdiction is that? SHIELD or SWORD?
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:13 pm

fingfangfoom wrote:
Jonan wrote:
I'm waiting for the US to let Canadians in so I can get my ML Unlimited Rescue and other assorted goodies that have been waiting since Feb 2020.
d2bruce
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:03 pm

Found Nova at the Blowing Rock Road store in Boone, NC. Shelved over a "new price" 3 of a kind shelf sticker. Receipt shows as F4 Mr. Fantastic as mentioned above.
No wonder they have distribution issues....
Had 3 on hand, left 2.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:29 pm

Closest eBay seller is 250 miles from me in NC so I'm not checking stores yet. I lucked out using eBay as my barometer for when to start looking for the Cuckoos and the New Mutants and it worked out well - hoping to have similar luck here. I'm tempted to go ahead and get on off the 'bay for $37 shipped just to save the hassle of checking stores but don't want to feed the beast in that way. A small, naive part of me is still hoping that Nova, Quasar, and possibly even Binary will go up on the Walgreens site all at once and I'll be lucky enough to snag them that way!
Jonan
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:09 am

Enforcer wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:13 pm
fingfangfoom wrote:
Jonan wrote:
I'm waiting for the US to let Canadians in so I can get my ML Unlimited Rescue and other assorted goodies that have been waiting since Feb 2020.
Hahaha! You're absolutely right I did! I also stopped at a Tim Horton's on the way back so I could open him and dispose of the packaging, just in the rare case that they pull me into immigration and search my bags since they didn't have anything else to do.

Crossing over for the first time in 19 months was something of an eerie experience, especially on the way back. Border traffic can be a massive headache at times, but there were only two cars ahead of us in the three open lanes on the way to Canada, and we were literally the only vehicle crossing back over around 10pmish. Totally bizarre, but they let us to and from without a single hassle. I think they see that since you went through all the BS of booking a trip through the ArriveCAN app, they're not going to give you too much trouble.
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:16 pm

Take consolation that Walgreens is having some kind of supply stocking issue, cause the Halloween display is only half filled. Lots of empty pegs now for a week or two when they first started that setup.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”