Marvel Figuarts

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Figuarts

Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:30 pm

Well, I got him in today and I definitely dig him! Great sculpt and paint. Of course great articulation. More accessories than Infinity War Hulk. I wasn't sure how I felt about the articulated hands when they were first announced. In hand, I love them. Only cons really for me is he's definitely gappier, than Infinity War Hulk, and his heads sit a pinch too high IMO. I popped him apart at the waist and they look like they are almost interchangeable. I couldn't swap them straight out clicking them in, but I'm 100% positive that you could do it with a little heat and or force. Didn't want to break him on the first day. Image If you are thinking about swapping heads between the two, that's no problem. The IW heads are a bit loose on AA and seem just a touch off in color. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but vice versa it looks a lot better to me. Plus AA heads are a nice, tighter fit. The fist and open hand sculpts appear to be identical to the IW ones. The cavity for the peg hole is deeper on AA however. Overall I'm very happy with this release! I don't really collect movie figures, but I love Hulk. Hulk and Spider-Man were my Marvel guys growing up and Superman and Batman were my DC. I don't even think I understood that Marvel and DC were different companies back then. Anyway, I'll definitely want to turn one of these into a 70/80 era Hulk, back when he was a 7 footer and not bodybuilder ripped. Just need to mod and paint up some Face Off Hulk heads. Anywho, here are a bunch of crappy pics if anyone is interested!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:49 pm

I hate when i don't remember who i ordered something from.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:38 am

I wish Hulk came with a screaming/yelling portrait.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:43 am

Nebraska wrote:I wish Hulk came with a screaming/yelling portrait.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
He does Nebraska. There's a pic there of him and IW with their yelling portraits, and with their heads swapped.

TheeCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:12 am

Nice pics Guts. Can’t wait for my order to come in.
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:45 am

TheeCollector wrote:Nice pics Guts. Can’t wait for my order to come in.
Thanks TC! I know my pics aren't the greatest to begin with, but he even seems cooler to the naked eye. If that makes sense.

TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:40 am

Thanks for the photos. Is he actually a unique sculpt? He looks to be a different size than the Infinity War Hulk from what I can tell.
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:04 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:Thanks for the photos. Is he actually a unique sculpt? He looks to be a different size than the Infinity War Hulk from what I can tell.
You're welcome! To me he seems like he has some reuse. His fists, open hands, feet, and forearms and possibly the neck all seem like the EXACT same sculpt. I mean even the veins are in the same spots. Now if you look at say his forearm joints they are slightly different sizes and couldn't say be straight swapped out for each other. Also his hands have a deeper cavity than the Infinity War ones. Even his biceps look like they could've been the same sculpt, but had the articulation added in if that makes sense. I'm guessing that they used the Infinity War digital sculpts and just tweaked things here and there. Keep in mind that these observations are coming from a set of 45 year old eyes.

GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:15 am

Did some quick experimentations today with AA and IW Hulk. Hardly any of his pegs or parts match up. If you wanted to swap parts, you're in for some work. Two parts that were very easy to swap however, I tried. This is AA Hulk with the IW neck and abdomen parts. I kinda like it better myself.ImageImage

Riddick
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:08 am

Got some Manipple Captain America End Game heads. Well.....I'm spoiled now. I'm going to get all the Manniple heads they make and replace as many as I can now. Saying the difference is night and day is an understatement.

ImageFiguarts Replacement Captain America Heads (5) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

ImageFiguarts Replacement Captain America Heads (4) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

ImageFiguarts Replacement Captain America Heads (6) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

ImageFiguarts Replacement Captain America Heads (8) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
scottwerdal
HULK SMASH!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:14 pm

^^^Agreed…but that’s a slippery slope!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Benedict
CROM!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:04 pm

Just in case anyone makes the same mistake I did, the scratched paint on the A on the damaged head is intentional.
TH29
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:18 am

Those Manipple heads are solid for cap, though this is one time I would say NOTA did a better job likeness wise. Also Manipple used to be great as far as release dates etc, but they are just so unpredictable now and took over a year to release this set? I also hate how they are so aloof in their instagram posts and maybe shouldnt keep teasing stuff while you have a bunch of outstanding stuff that has been waiting for months to release
Benedict
CROM!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:57 pm

Nota really missed the mark for me, likeness and colour matching. I prefer the manipple but still deciding how I feel about the magnets instead of a barbell joint.
bigbayblue
Super Poseable

Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:34 am

TH29 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:18 am
Those Manipple heads are solid for cap, though this is one time I would say NOTA did a better job likeness wise. Also Manipple used to be great as far as release dates etc, but they are just so unpredictable now and took over a year to release this set? I also hate how they are so aloof in their instagram posts and maybe shouldnt keep teasing stuff while you have a bunch of outstanding stuff that has been waiting for months to release
I agree. The NOTA Helmeted Cap heads are better, though I prefer the Manipple unhelmeted head. Both are vastly superior the SHF heads. I will never understand how Bandai's head sculpts can vary so drastically from character to character.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”