MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Thu May 05, 2022 1:52 am

I doubt companies do it intentionally. If a figure sells for three or four times the price on the aftermarket, they don't get a cut of that.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 05, 2022 3:53 am

Handsome wrote:I doubt companies do it intentionally. If a figure sells for three or four times the price on the aftermarket, they don't get a cut of that.
But it does create hype for their product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 12, 2022 12:52 pm

Jeannie delayed until July. Big sads!
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 12, 2022 2:40 pm

Are there any figures releasing in May?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

chodenjipop
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 12, 2022 3:36 pm

blackcomicnerd wrote:Are there any figures releasing in May?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Looks like we’re not getting anything this month. Even the figures from the Boys were moved to June. I was really hoping those would come in this May since they teased Black Noir.

TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu May 12, 2022 6:42 pm

I hate dropping $300 at once, but I'd love to ship Harley, Jean, and symbiote Spidey together. They're all slated for July right now.
Seamus McSuperfly
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 13, 2022 1:32 am

I can't believe they haven't reissued Deadpool. That would be a slam dunk.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 13, 2022 1:58 am

To be fair they are cranking out reissues regularly, and they all eat factory time away from new releases.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 13, 2022 3:05 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:I hate dropping $300 at once, but I'd love to ship Harley, Jean, and symbiote Spidey together. They're all slated for July right now.
Doubt they’ll all ship. It’s usually two per month.

What’s scheduled for June?

Photo Dave
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 13, 2022 3:43 am

gpmartin414 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:05 am
TheSameIdiot wrote:I hate dropping $300 at once, but I'd love to ship Harley, Jean, and symbiote Spidey together. They're all slated for July right now.
Doubt they’ll all ship. It’s usually two per month.

What’s scheduled for June?

Comic Iron Man. And my reissued Bobas got pushed to June, as well. D’oh!

Have fun!
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Fri May 13, 2022 8:13 am

And Knightfall Batman correct?

AddictBraids
Super Poseable

Sat May 21, 2022 5:02 pm

It still blows my mind that the Mafex Gambit is going for $300ish on ebay. Gambit always been my personal favorite character since I was a kid, but I didn't know he was THAT popular... he's going for almost as much as the og Mafex Spiderman... You can get Gambit "used" for like $250, but "brand new" you aren't getting him for less than $300. Also surprised the tigerstripe Wolverine has shot up to $250 as well. I remember the Wolverine and Cyclops sitting in stock everywhere for a LONG time. In fact, Im pretty sure I remember BBTS actually clearanced (!) the Cyclops at one point, and they were selling him for like $60. I'm kind of shocked the Ben Reiley Spiderman hasn't gone up more on the secondary market. I figured a lot of people that missed out on the OG Spiderman would of picked up the Ben Reilly Spidey as a placeholder. But I guess it is just Ben Reilly...he's no Peter Parker lol
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 5:34 pm

Gambit is popular, but the main thing is that this figure is unusually good. Even for a company that makes the best figures of any given character almost every time.

If they don't re-issue this guy--which they regularly do for their best-selling figures--they're missing the boat. :oops:
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Sat May 21, 2022 5:57 pm

Ben still commands a high cost considering these all went for about $72 on the import sites initially. The median price for Ben seems to hover around the $250 range for units on sale right now and most units recently sold went for $170 on average. I think the release of the ML version just a couple weeks later might have dampened the progression of the aftermarket costs of the Mafex version. Which can be both good and bad depending on your perspective. On the one hand, it ensures that anyone who wants a Ben Reilly can get one because cheaper aftermarket costs are good for everyone. The downside is that if you ever wanted to see more high end 6” Ben Reilly action figures in the near future, the best place to determine at how likely that might occur is to track the sales of the Mafex version, since it’s technically the first of its kind. And obviously the more commanding of a cost the figure makes, and the more substantial of a lead it overtakes in other popular figures from not just the same company but from rival markets, aftermarket sales or not…marketing divisions at toy companies take notice of that kind of trend.
When smaller import companies and 3rd party folks make figures and vehicles, most of the time those figures that they select are based on what’s trending in the charts. Bigger companies might have access to master lists and licenses and all that; along with movie, tv and game development deals that are all hush hush. But for most smaller independent companies that are just trying to push product, all they care about are sales figures about the most popular stuff. So if they see Ben selling better than gambit or hush Batman on the aftermarket, that means more 3rd party and import Ben’s in our near future. But if he’s stagnant abroad and in the states then there’s no hope for him going forward. That applies to costume variants too.

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 6:06 pm

panther10 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 5:57 pm
Ben still commands a high cost considering these all went for about $72 on the import sites initially. The median price for Ben seems to hover around the $250 range for units on sale right now and most units recently sold went for $170 on average. I think the release of the ML version just a couple weeks later might have dampened the progression of the aftermarket costs of the Mafex version. Which can be both good and bad depending on your perspective. On the one hand, it ensures that anyone who wants a Ben Reilly can get one because cheaper aftermarket costs are good for everyone. The downside is that if you ever wanted to see more high end 6” Ben Reilly action figures in the near future, the best place to determine at how likely that might occur is to track the sales of the Mafex version, since it’s technically the first of its kind. And obviously the more commanding of a cost the figure makes, and the more substantial of a lead it overtakes in other popular figures from not just the same company but from rival markets, aftermarket sales or not…marketing divisions at toy companies take notice of that kind of trend.
When smaller import companies and 3rd party folks make figures and vehicles, most of the time those figures that they select are based on what’s trending in the charts. Bigger companies might have access to master lists and licenses and all that; along with movie, tv and game development deals that are all hush hush. But for most smaller independent companies that are just trying to push product, all they care about are sales figures about the most popular stuff. So if they see Ben selling better than gambit or hush Batman on the aftermarket, that means more 3rd party and import Ben’s in our near future. But if he’s stagnant abroad and in the states then there’s no hope for him going forward. That applies to costume variants too.

Excellent market insight. :D

Your whitespace muse has forsaken you--make amends with her! :oops:

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”