MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:28 pm

mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:06 pm

How are these cheap ($30) mafex Spidey and venom figures from China i see on ebay?
MarvelLegendsMan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:24 pm

mr Articulate wrote:How are these cheap ($30) mafex Spidey and venom figures from China i see on ebay?
Just ordered the Spidey for $21 two days ago after thinking about it for about a year. Will let you know.

I have a sneaking suspicion they will release an updated Spidey at some point. Seems like the quality of the figs has risen since that originally came out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:44 pm

os189 wrote:I just can't get over the exaggerated size of his mask "wings" and those crazy looking claws.

If the source material is supposed to be "Pryde of the X-Men" or the Konami arcade game, it works, I guess. But that does NOT look like any drawing of Wolverine I'm familiar with.
RoyalCollector wrote:
Precisely. This wolverine is based on the art of Jim Lee and Marc Silvestri during the early 90's as indicated by the x on his belt buckle. Rather than choosing a more generic look for wolvie that might be based on John Byrne or Paul Smith, they went with Lee instead so he can still fit in perfectly with the other blue and gold team members that Medicom has released thus far.
Parintachin73
Super Poseable

Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:08 pm

panther10 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:44 pm
os189 wrote:I just can't get over the exaggerated size of his mask "wings" and those crazy looking claws.

If the source material is supposed to be "Pryde of the X-Men" or the Konami arcade game, it works, I guess. But that does NOT look like any drawing of Wolverine I'm familiar with.
RoyalCollector wrote:
Precisely. This wolverine is based on the art of Jim Lee and Marc Silvestri during the early 90's as indicated by the x on his belt buckle. Rather than choosing a more generic look for wolvie that might be based on John Byrne or Paul Smith, they went with Lee instead so he can still fit in perfectly with the other blue and gold team members that Medicom has released thus far.
That’s why I can’t bring myself to pull the trigger on Mafex brown Wolverine. Paul Smith brown Wolverine is exactly what I want. The claws I can deal with but the huge fins are a turn off big time. I can appreciate Jim Lee’s art but it’s not my fav. The only exaggerated version of Wolvie I really like is Arthur Adams.
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:57 pm

In the scheme of exaggerated Wolverine masks, this one barely registers for me, compared to how he's sometimes been drawn, haha.
panther10

Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:41 pm

Exactly. We’re not exactly dealing with capcom level ear proportions here. These ears are pretty modest in size. In fact they’re even a touch shorter than the ears on the tiger stripe Wolverine. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:43 pm

Holy crap did Gambit shoot up in price, he's nearly 300 bucks now. I hope there is a re-release, wolverine and cyclops were at retail until very recently.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:24 am

Looks like no Mafex Marvel reveal this month, just DC Nightwing and the Terminator.

Is there suppose to be a Marvel release at the end of January?

Also, I feel like the various DC and Marvel Mafex sub-lines are all starting to come together. It’s been a slow build over the last 2+ years having Mafex release figures piecemeal one at a time from different stories each month. Now, however, it feels like the Hush, TDKR, X-Men, and Spidey lines are starting to feel built out decently, especially Hush.

Would love to see all those sub-lines continue and see X-Men from the Capcom games, especially Cable. Not sure what other directions Mafex could go in for Marvel. For Spidey, they’ve only done costume variations and symbioses. I would love to see a Scarlet Spider, but wouldn’t expect them to go deep into Spidey’s rogues gallery. I imagine we will see a comic Captain America before too long, but not see how deep they’d go in Avengers.

Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:38 am

Since we now have Ben Reilly, I expect (hope) we see Scarlet Spider-Man & Spider-Man 2099. I feel those two would really benefit from the Mafex treatment.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:57 am

Im really hoping for a 90s black cat. I think mafex could really potentially knock her out of the park

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:30 am

gpmartin414 wrote:
Looks like no Mafex Marvel reveal this month, just DC Nightwing and the Terminator.

No, they usually just show two figures at once. They've been pairing the Marvel and DC reveals, but it's likely that Terminator just took the Marvel spot this month. We'll probably see a new Marvel figure this time next month.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:00 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
gpmartin414 wrote:

No, they usually just show two figures at once. They've been pairing the Marvel and DC reveals, but it's likely that Terminator just took the Marvel spot this month. We'll probably see a new Marvel figure this time next month.
I meant a release for this month separate from the announcement of new figures.

AgentLionel
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:19 pm

We are in new territory, right? They've released for PO all of their previously revealed prototypes, so any new Marvel would be something we haven't seen yet?
panther10

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:57 pm

Not quite. There are are a few previously unshown prototypes from that Medicom Toy event from last year that are set to go up for preorder. If what Kojigritton has alluded to is correct, there should be another 6-7 prototypes not shown so that should take us into Late Spring-Early summer. And I believe that an artist proof prototype of a character from The Boys was shown off at the last show as well. So once all of those preorders have been accounted for by Early June, then another Medicom Show should be right around the corner. That’s typically how these schedules tend to go.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”