MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
OhmaTime
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:46 am

Re: MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:21 pm

There was also X-Force Deadpool, and ZSJL Superman.
PharOOO
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 382
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:50 pm

Re: MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:12 pm

Rageasaurus wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:01 am
Finally got around to finishing this guy up with the unmasked head. I got lazy with trying to sculpt the hair so I used the ML one which I always thought was pretty decent. Think it turned out better than I expected..reminds me a lot of MvC.

Also during this process I noticed the face is almost the exact same as Hush Supes..did not realize that.

Ready for Ben Reilly Spidey!

Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's beautiful work!

When a custom looks just as good as a production figure, you know you've done an outstanding job!
User avatar
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5930
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:10 pm

panther10 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:10 am
VeganDiet wrote:You don’t think they’d do normal Daredevil before armored Daredevil? Although I guess they did do AoA Magneto first so, who knows?
Yeah if their usual methodology of releasing 90’s iterations of popular characters holds true here, then an Armored Daredevil seems like the most likely comic variant that will come fist.
Iron Man flies directly in the face of this, though.
User avatar
AgentLionel
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:52 pm

Re: MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:00 pm

OhmaTime wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:21 pm
There was also X-Force Deadpool, and ZSJL Superman.
Ah right, and mention of X-Force Wolvie. So:

X-Factor Cyclops
Huntress
Nightwing
Black Noir
X-Force Deadpool
ZSLJ Superman

Left from their reveals. Makes sense - that will bring them to January 2022 for something new, unless they skip the line with a sneaky release.
User avatar
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seriously..who the %$#*& ate my lunch?!?!?
Posts: 9455
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:44 pm

Re: MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:26 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
panther10 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:10 am
VeganDiet wrote:You don’t think they’d do normal Daredevil before armored Daredevil? Although I guess they did do AoA Magneto first so, who knows?
Yeah if their usual methodology of releasing 90’s iterations of popular characters holds true here, then an Armored Daredevil seems like the most likely comic variant that will come fist.
Iron Man flies directly in the face of this, though.
Iron man is more of an outlier though. He’s the one 70’s character out of an entire field of characters in their costumes from the 90’s that have either been released or solicited.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5930
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:21 pm

panther10 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:26 pm
Stark Resilient wrote:
panther10 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:10 am

Yeah if their usual methodology of releasing 90’s iterations of popular characters holds true here, then an Armored Daredevil seems like the most likely comic variant that will come fist.
Iron Man flies directly in the face of this, though.
Iron man is more of an outlier though. He’s the one 70’s character out of an entire field of characters in their costumes from the 90’s that have either been released or solicited.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm gonna guess that for the Avengers, they'll stick closer to the 70s era.
User avatar
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seriously..who the %$#*& ate my lunch?!?!?
Posts: 9455
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:44 pm

MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:22 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
panther10 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:26 pm
Stark Resilient wrote:
Iron Man flies directly in the face of this, though.
Iron man is more of an outlier though. He’s the one 70’s character out of an entire field of characters in their costumes from the 90’s that have either been released or solicited.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm gonna guess that for the Avengers, they'll stick closer to the 70s era.
Possibly. We won’t know until more are revealed I guess.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4401
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:18 pm

I want a Capcom Hulk from this line.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

User avatar
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seriously..who the %$#*& ate my lunch?!?!?
Posts: 9455
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:44 pm

Re: MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:01 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:18 pm
I want a Capcom Hulk from this line.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
So would I but typically we don't see brute type characters in Mafex. I really wish that wasn't the case. I really really want a professor hulk too.
User avatar
Rageasaurus
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:52 am

Re: MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:17 pm

Can’t imagine what they would charge for Hulk..$130+ maybe??

With the classic Cap reveal from ML, I’m hoping Mafex gives him a shot. Id also like to see DD in his classic red too.
User avatar
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seriously..who the %$#*& ate my lunch?!?!?
Posts: 9455
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:44 pm

Re: MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:56 pm

Rageasaurus wrote:Can’t imagine what they would charge for Hulk..$130+ maybe??

With the classic Cap reveal from ML, I’m hoping Mafex gives him a shot. Id also like to see DD in his classic red too.
Any update regarding your private warehouse order for Ben Reilly? Usually when those notices go out, the figures are usually expected within the next 10 days right?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Rageasaurus
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:52 am

Re: MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:31 pm

panther10 wrote:
Rageasaurus wrote:Can’t imagine what they would charge for Hulk..$130+ maybe??

With the classic Cap reveal from ML, I’m hoping Mafex gives him a shot. Id also like to see DD in his classic red too.
Any update regarding your private warehouse order for Ben Reilly? Usually when those notices go out, the figures are usually expected within the next 10 days right?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, I haven’t gotten any updates. HLJ is usually spot on with the dates so I expect to get a notification to ship on Friday morning next week or following Monday week after.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seriously..who the %$#*& ate my lunch?!?!?
Posts: 9455
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:44 pm

Re: MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:45 pm

Rageasaurus wrote:
panther10 wrote:
Rageasaurus wrote:Can’t imagine what they would charge for Hulk..$130+ maybe??

With the classic Cap reveal from ML, I’m hoping Mafex gives him a shot. Id also like to see DD in his classic red too.
Any update regarding your private warehouse order for Ben Reilly? Usually when those notices go out, the figures are usually expected within the next 10 days right?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, I haven’t gotten any updates. HLJ is usually spot on with the dates so I expect to get a notification to ship on Friday morning next week or following Monday week after.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome. I ordered mine from Amiami so hopefully I get a corresponding update around the same timeframe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Rageasaurus
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:52 am

Re: MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:07 pm

panther10 wrote:
Rageasaurus wrote:
panther10 wrote: Any update regarding your private warehouse order for Ben Reilly? Usually when those notices go out, the figures are usually expected within the next 10 days right?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, I haven’t gotten any updates. HLJ is usually spot on with the dates so I expect to get a notification to ship on Friday morning next week or following Monday week after.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome. I ordered mine from Amiami so hopefully I get a corresponding update around the same timeframe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know you’ve been waiting for this guy for some time particularly in this suit.
I’m thinking we should get some in hand photos from overseas mid next week hopefully.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seriously..who the %$#*& ate my lunch?!?!?
Posts: 9455
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:44 pm

Re: MAFEX Marvel Comics Figures

Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:24 pm

Yeah this guy is my designated FOTY figure for sure. If for no other reason that it’s simply my favorite spidey design. I can’t even begin to express how delighted I am to see this figure not only get such top notch treatment but also to release on time. This one is a dream come true.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”