HasLab Sentinel Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: HasLab Sentinel Discussion

Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:47 pm

canprime wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:20 pm
Question for you guys who are just going with the flow.

Do you have any date in your mind where you would finally speak out, or is it just whenever?

Is January ok? April? September? I'm just honestly curious.

Veebs seemingly overarching point was the poor communication on Hasbro's part makes it difficult for him to justify going in on another Haslab while still waiting for delivery on the first, of three, he has paid for in advance. Which is, of course, understandable. The problem is of course putting our money where our mouths are. If you still don't have your Sentinel by the time the Rancor, or Skystriker, end in early December will you sit out? Then on top of that are there enough people to do that, that would make an actual difference in Hasbro's eyes? Probably not.

I read a few articles recently about a consumer survey, in the UK I believe, where the conclusion they seemed to draw was that consumers are tired of Covid being used as an excuse by big companies. It seemed that the belief is companies are using Covid as a catch-all excuse for everything from delays to poor customer service, and to a greater extent poor general practices.

So in that vein, how much can Hasbro attribute to Covid in your eyes? There are obviously lots of problems going on outside of their control, however how long can they use that excuse in your opinion? Especially when other big companies, like Home Depot, have made pretty large outlays of capital to address the problems (hiring private ships to get product outside of the standard shipping channels).

Then on top of that the Sentinel has already been shipping to customers around the world, and within the US. So, as I have said before, how much of that is on Hasbro themselves and their procedures/practices, and how much is on outside companies like FedEx? Of course we'll never know, but in the end I guess for some customers, myself included, I paid Hasbro for a product, not other companies. They stated a general time frame of Fall 2021 for delivery, so they aren't outside of that time frame obviously.
My response to the ongoing global shipping crisis/supply chain problems/global pandemic problems isn't to call them "excuses," so I guess I'm not sure how to respond. That a survey found that a lot of unreasonable and entitled people want to stick their heads in the dirt and pretend that ongoing global problems with shipping and supplies shouldn't directly impact their lives isn't particularly surprising, nor is it particularly compelling. I'm genuinely sorry that people haven't got their toy robot, yet, but Hasbro absolutely did not include a promise to everyone that we would have them by a specific date when we placed our orders. The project had an *estimated* shipping date, and then they said, by email, that they planned to *start* shipping them by the end of September. They met that goal, but reality and the continued [email protected]#$ that is 2020-21 got in the way.

I mean, look, if this is a deal breaker for you or for whoever, then act on it. If this delay makes you think "I'm never buying another Hasbro toy," then power to you. It's your money, spend it how you want. I don't think there's anything ridiculous about saying that you don't like this experience and you're just not spending your money that way again.

But the, frankly, bonkers level of conspiracy theory-crafting that's going on? Yes, I think that's ridiculous. People want there to be some kind of grand malicious plan on Hasbro's part; like they're secretly punishing people or have some super villain plan that involves sitting on a bunch of product instead of shipping it out for... reasons? Or like Hasbro can somehow wave a magic wand and end the various global problems that are creating the delays? It's silly.

You can say " I paid Hasbro for a product, not other companies. " all you want, but that's not going to get you anywhere, and that's just not how preordering works. When you preorder a product or back what is more or less a crowd-funding project, you accept the risk that there might be delays, just like they accept the risk that there might be cost increases that they have to absorb between when you order and when they actually ship the product. That people seem not to understand this is baffling, to me.

You paid Hasbro for a product that had an estimated shipping date. Haslab projects do not guarantee or even suggest a *delivery* date.
minitaur
Super Poseable

Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:48 pm

My sentinels have finally been picked up by fedex and will be here on Thursday!
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:56 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
canprime wrote:
Question for you guys who are just going with the flow.

Do you have any date in your mind where you would finally speak out, or is it just whenever?

Is January ok? April? September? I'm just honestly curious.

Any reasonable answer shouldn't vary based upon month but upon when the global shipping crisis isn't hitting every single industry. Until that has cleared up I shan't be ranting about my first-world luxury items not getting to me yet when the promised delivery of Fall 2021 isn't even CLOSE to being over yet.
Yeah, pretty much exactly this. There’s no arbitrary date where I’ll stop being patient when these problems are widespread and systemic. I ordered three sentinels and I’m excited to get them, but I don’t think any “excuses” are being offered here - just hard realities.
Guardianmonkey
Avengers Assemble

Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:00 pm

I won't be ordering any more HasLab products and I'll be attempting to cancel my Razor Crest and Galactus, with Hasbro's piss poor customer service as the reason.

So I contacted them through Twitter, as many users here had suggested and, after three days of nothing (and after a month of nothing from the official customer service site), received this message:

Your original incident regarding this is assigned and you will receive a reply with next steps this week. We appreciate your continued patience.

To which I explained that my patience was no longer "continued" and has since lapsed into "no longer available because you used it all up." I explained that "this week" was not a sufficient answer to which I received further silence.

So maybe Hasbro will finally address the multiple problems associated with the Sentinel rollout. But I wouldn't bet on hearing anything whatsoever. They aren't even providing excuses, just complete silence. How anyone can be satisfied with the state of things is beyond me.

And hey, I saw another user with non-functioning lights. Welcome to the club! We're currently the only two members.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:04 pm

Guardianmonkey wrote:
I won't be ordering any more HasLab products and I'll be attempting to cancel my Razor Crest and Galactus, with Hasbro's piss poor customer service as the reason.

So I contacted them through Twitter, as many users here had suggested and, after three days of nothing (and after a month of nothing from the official customer service site), received this message:

Your original incident regarding this is assigned and you will receive a reply with next steps this week. We appreciate your continued patience.

To which I explained that my patience was no longer "continued" and has since lapsed into "no longer available because you used it all up." I explained that "this week" was not a sufficient answer to which I received further silence.

So maybe Hasbro will finally address the multiple problems associated with the Sentinel rollout. But I wouldn't bet on hearing anything whatsoever. They aren't even providing excuses, just complete silence. How anyone can be satisfied with the state of things is beyond me.

And hey, I saw another user with non-functioning lights. Welcome to the club! We're currently the only two members.

You're entirely justified to be royally pissed since your issue is clearly a defective product. I'd be just as pissed as you, and them lumping defective units in with the wait-and-see approach to the ratchet design issues isn't excusable.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:05 pm

Guardianmonkey wrote:I won't be ordering any more HasLab products and I'll be attempting to cancel my Razor Crest and Galactus, with Hasbro's piss poor customer service as the reason.

Sounds 100% like to me they have been trying to think of the best way to handle this and needed it uniformed across the board. And put out a statement all at once rather than possibly giving someone different info.

Your message is helpful, as jt seems they are working on a possible resolution that will be answered this week.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:06 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Guardianmonkey wrote:

You're entirely justified to be royally pissed since your issue is clearly a defective product. I'd be just as pissed as you, and them lumping defective units in with the wait-and-see approach to the ratchet design issues isn't excusable.
Unless there's more people with light up issues we don't know about then, yeah, Its quite annoying he got wrapped into the same fold as the leg issue

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:27 pm

I imagine there isn't one Haslab team. The ML team works on their Haslab projects. The SW guys work on their Haslab projects. So cancelling all Haslab project because one team didn't/doesn't live up your expectations seems a bit extreme. Especially regarding the Razorcrest, as the SW team already delivered one successful Haslab item.. Some have arrived in the US, so they'll likely be shipping in the next few months. Why not just flip it when you get it and make a few bucks? I can understand not wanting to take the risk on future Marvel Haslabs, but if you've already placed an order for the Razorcrest, I would just let that fulfill itself?
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:39 pm

I'd hope that I can get my Sentinels before Christmas. I'm not stressing but I feel like that's a reasonable expectation. It's strange that I haven't received mine yet. I purchased 5. I pre-sold two of them and those two shipped to the customers who purchased them from me. The other 3 that are supposed to ship to me haven't moved yet. All the orders were put in at the same time. So the order these shipped out wasn't based on when someone ordered. Regional doesn't seem to matter as other people in my area have received theirs. Multiple orders don't seem to make a different as others with multiple orders have received theirs.

If the labels have been created....this isn't a global shipping problem is it? Doesn't that boil down to shipping delays within the US...because the items are in the US currently? I know shipping is slower right now but it's not that much slower. My guess, these have been put on pause as they switch resources to getting other product out in time for Christmas. Once that's dealt with they will come back to these? I don't know if that's how it works but the complete pause makes me think resources have been shifted. The people who got theirs were the ones they were able to get out before they had to stop.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:02 pm

Guardianmonkey
Avengers Assemble

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:27 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:27 pm
I imagine there isn't one Haslab team. The ML team works on their Haslab projects. The SW guys work on their Haslab projects. So cancelling all Haslab project because one team didn't/doesn't live up your expectations seems a bit extreme. Especially regarding the Razorcrest, as the SW team already delivered one successful Haslab item.. Some have arrived in the US, so they'll likely be shipping in the next few months. Why not just flip it when you get it and make a few bucks? I can understand not wanting to take the risk on future Marvel Haslabs, but if you've already placed an order for the Razorcrest, I would just let that fulfill itself?
Because I'm not in this hobby to flip stuff. I'm in this hobby for a number of reasons but nowhere on that list is wanting to sell things. I buy things I want, simple as that. A month of jerking around from a company that has long had my money, that is rather insulting. Hasbro has put this bad taste in my mouth by refusing to address my specific, defective figure in any way other than "wait and see" for over a month now. Well I've waited and I've seen and nothing is looking any brighter.

From the Hasbro reps I've spoken to today, it looks like there is "no way" to cancel my Razor Crest due to the phase they are currently in, whatever that might mean.

I think you're absolutely right that different teams handle different projects and maybe that's why the Sentinel has gone the way it has by this point. The Star Wars team is clearly larger and more front-facing, at least based on their responses regarding the previous barge, as well as their showing at PulseCon and other such things. They actually talk about pipeline, while the Marvel team (I'm sure for various reasons) barely provides hints in the form of accessories for future figures. I would've loved to have the SW team on the Sentinel, because we very likely would've gotten more updates along the way and probably more substantive and reasonable extras (why the hell does this very expensive item not have a sound chip to play some robot words!?). To be honest, I don't even like the overly-busy, "modern" design for HasLab Galactus and the Doom head feels absurd (and I actually enjoyed the comic that particular Doom appeared in). All this just adds more and more to HasLab stuff simply not being for me, somebody who primarily collects Marvel and Transformers.
fac
CROM!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:46 pm

canprime wrote:
Veebs seemingly overarching point was the poor communication on Hasbro's part...
This is a fair criticism - HasLabs are marketed as collaboration between us and Hasbro when they are trying to sell it, which is different from other items. For that reason being a bit more forthcoming with backers about why the delay is occurring and whether it is days or weeks or months or whatever seems reasonable, and I think appropriate, under crowdsourcing expectations. Same with the knee joint issue. They should read the room at this point and see that some people are frustrated to the point of questioning future purchases. That is never a good thing even if you believe it isn't likely or widespread. People are more forgiving of issues/problems when someone owns up to it and are direct about it.

It is one thing when pre-orders are delayed, or some are filled earlier than others - in those instances the customer hasn't paid for it yet and you know with pre-orders it is the luck of the draw at times. I think a higher level of customer communication is warranted in this instance for an item people paid for a year ago and some (like me) have had in hand for a month or so while others really do not know when it might arrive.
Thwiptster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:20 pm

fac wrote:
canprime wrote:
Veebs seemingly overarching point was the poor communication on Hasbro's part...
This is a fair criticism - HasLabs are marketed as collaboration between us and Hasbro when they are trying to sell it, which is different from other items. For that reason being a bit more forthcoming with backers about why the delay is occurring and whether it is days or weeks or months or whatever seems reasonable, and I think appropriate, under crowdsourcing expectations. Same with the knee joint issue. They should read the room at this point and see that some people are frustrated to the point of questioning future purchases. That is never a good thing even if you believe it isn't likely or widespread. People are more forgiving of issues/problems when someone owns up to it and are direct about it.

It is one thing when pre-orders are delayed, or some are filled earlier than others - in those instances the customer hasn't paid for it yet and you know with pre-orders it is the luck of the draw at times. I think a higher level of customer communication is warranted in this instance for an item people paid for a year ago and some (like me) have had in hand for a month or so while others really do not know when it might arrive.
I just talked to Daddy Hasbro and he says he’s really sorry he hit us, he just gets so mad sometimes, but he still loves us. He said when he gets paid he’s gonna take us all out for ice cream.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:57 pm

Fac - I think your points are reasonable and well-stated.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:52 am

I’d much rather have a delayed Sentinel than what happens regularly with Target and McFarlane DC Multiverse figures — Target sends a dozen or so “approve delay” emails on random days at 4 o’clock in the morning, and, even if you approve the delays, eventually they’ll just straight up cancel your order when the figure isn’t available to ship by the placeholder shipping date. That’s what happens when a company promises a release date and not an item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”