HasLab Sentinel Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: HasLab Sentinel Discussion

Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:36 pm

I'm basically a Scooby Doo villain, but when you pull off my mask, I'm an ouroboros. Only, instead of a snake, I'm Hasbro, licking my own boots.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:38 pm

I think the follow up email on Oct 5th is confusing people. If the plan was to start shipping in late September, and everything is continuing apace, you don’t need to send out a “this isn’t the news we want to deliver” update. Clearly something unexpected happened and they’re letting us know the plan has changed. Best guess is that a chunk of the Sentinels didn’t arrive to Hasbro when they expected. So they’ve shipped out what they have, but now they’re left waiting on the rest to make its way though the ports to their fulfillment center and the ETA is unknown for now.

Anyway, I hope the Maggott rumor is true and eventually we get Marrow, Dr. Reyes and Joseph to keep these Prime Sentinels company.
razzer99
Customized

Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:59 pm

I'm only mildly annoyed over the sentinel delay. I have waited patiently and can continue to wait. But I would like a better and more honest estimate from Hasbro to temper expectations. Is it just going to be another month? Another quarter? Next summer even?

I do see how one could get quite upset if you bought several of these guys intendeding to flip them because right now would be prime flip time. And by luck of the draw, you're kinda getting screwed over.
fac
CROM!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:10 am

Given they started shipping the first week of September, that email about "starting by the end of Sept" was inaccurate almost from the get go anyway - and when they sent it they were requesting people update their mailing address by the end of August, and they generated the shipping labels a day or two after that deadline. So they were obviously preparing to be ready to go well before end of Sept. So I don't think any of that provides too much of a clue about what is going on now.

The only thing that matters at this point is why the fairly steady stream of shipments has paused - and the two options are they either don't have any "in hand" to ship, or they have them but are not shipping.

If they don't have any in hand, it is likely they had planned for multiple deliveries from overseas, staggered over multiple weeks to not overload their warehouse, and the later shipments are delayed by the shipping crunch. That's the simplest answer.

However as bad as the backlog is, it seems odd that it has been at least two weeks since they got any more in and have been non-committal about when they might start up again. Which got me thinking that they may have them somewhere in their supply chain (anywhere from still in China to sitting in their warehouse) but are prioritizing other items due to limited shipping resources. This wouldn't surprise me if for no other reason than they need to get their product to retailers - the customers they need to keep happy the most, especially those who have taken pre-orders or have planned marketing/sales events around those products. If I can only get so much out of China, or ship out so much per day from my warehouse, I'd be prioritizing my main clients who also, coincidently, tend to not pay me until after their product arrives (compared to the Sentinel which has been paid for).
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:19 am

canprime wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:03 pm
I noticed on the back of the Sentinel, near the battery cover, that the letters UK/CA were printed in black. I'm wondering if that is the same for everyone, or just those of us in Canada and the UK? Maybe something to do with legalese and what not? Specific shipments for each country?
I looked for this on mine and didn't see it - can you post a photo? That's really interesting if Hasbro even broadly localized a product considering how many languages they print with each figure to have one global package.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:58 am

If I have to wait another 6 months for my sentinels to ship if it meant not having any knee or hip issues, I’d happily do so. I’d rather have a properly assembled product later than promised than a faulty product on time/ early. The fact they haven’t publicly addressed the knee issues is more troubling to me than the lack of shipping updates. Possibly they are related. Management may have halted shipping to deal with the joint issues. They probably have more options to them if they don’t ship out all of the product. They may be able to return the defective figures they haven’t sent out and have overall less exchanges to deal with. I honestly don’t know if something like that is even remotely possible but I think that correctly manufactured figures is our #1 choice of outcomes. They’ll offer full refunds at a minimum but even defective, we could get more money for them on eBay so it would be a hollow offer if they tried that. Sure a few would bite but I don’t think most would.
darkmoon766
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:37 am

Stark Resilient wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:46 pm
They're unboxing and tightening the screw on all 18,000 unshipped sentinels, by hand.
Ash Talon wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:54 pm
But they only have one screwdriver, so it's taking longer than anticipated.

Buttmunch wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:58 am
If I have to wait another 6 months for my sentinels to ship if it meant not having any knee or hip issues, I’d happily do so. I’d rather have a properly assembled product later than promised than a faulty product on time/ early. The fact they haven’t publicly addressed the knee issues is more troubling to me than the lack of shipping updates. Possibly they are related. Management may have halted shipping to deal with the joint issues. They probably have more options to them if they don’t ship out all of the product. They may be able to return the defective figures they haven’t sent out and have overall less exchanges to deal with. I honestly don’t know if something like that is even remotely possible but I think that correctly manufactured figures is our #1 choice of outcomes. They’ll offer full refunds at a minimum but even defective, we could get more money for them on eBay so it would be a hollow offer if they tried that. Sure a few would bite but I don’t think most would.
I would have waited 2 years as long as I was updated on the status and got a proper functioning sentinel with all of the ratchets and it looked decent. The lack of any kind of updates is the real problem here.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:20 am

Samael13 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:36 pm
I'm basically a Scooby Doo villain, but when you pull off my mask, I'm an ouroboros. Only, instead of a snake, I'm Hasbro, licking my own boots.

Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:42 am

darkmoon766 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:37 am
Stark Resilient wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:46 pm
They're unboxing and tightening the screw on all 18,000 unshipped sentinels, by hand.
Ash Talon wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:54 pm
But they only have one screwdriver, so it's taking longer than anticipated.
Guardianmonkey
Avengers Assemble

Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:51 pm

Another eight days go by and Hasbro still refuses to give any sort of comment on my defective Sentinel, re: non-working lights. I've gone back and forth with them since September 16th, when I received my copy and realized the lights were non-functioning. I've sent emails, made calls, and gone through their main (non-Pulse) customer service site. I've sent yet another message to their byzantine customer service site and will be making a phone call this afternoon. Hasbro refuses to address the knees, which I don't even care about anymore, but this is utter bull$#!+.
TheeCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:42 pm

What about twitter? Some companies only respond all when you make it public like that. Annoying but it works.
Guardianmonkey
Avengers Assemble

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:45 pm

TheeCollector wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:42 pm
What about twitter? Some companies only respond all when you make it public like that. Annoying but it works.
I hate Twitter more than most social media but, at this point, I'm out of options. The customer service site merely closes every ticket I open with no more than a canned response. I just sent them a DM via Twitter, we'll see what happens next.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:24 pm

Interesting that the Star Wars Team revealing the HASLAB Rancor today, mentioned that the figure is so oddly proportioned and top heavy that they were glad they were able to talk to the Marvel Team about how to engineer an articulated figure this large and that they incorporated really strong ratcheting joints throughout the figure.

Hopefully, both Galactus and the Rancor will incorporate improved, stronger ratchets that correctly function.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

HasLab Sentinel Discussion

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:50 pm

Well, that is encouraging to hear for SW fans. On the Marvel side, I hope the grumbling is loud enough on all fronts that they address it for Galactus and truly apply a lesson learned.

What does everyone think will be said about the Sentinel at today’s Marvel panel?

(1) Nothing - will be ignored

(2) Restate the “delayed shipping due to COVID” jargon from the recent Pulse email

(3) Give further details about when we will see the remaining Sentinels shipped from Genosha

(4) Tell us they are addressing the knee/ratchet issues for thousands of Sentinels because fans come first

(5) Offer a frito pie
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:45 pm

We all hope it's (4), but I'm expecting (1)

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”