HasLab Sentinel Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
fac
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: HasLab Sentinel Discussion

Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:34 pm

Guardianmonkey wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:55 pm
On a happier note, has anybody seen any good Master Mold mods yet? I've been trying to source some images of his throne in particular but I've yet to come across anything other than some sketches and comic images.
I've done some searching for possible throne options, like baby booster seats, but nothing really has looked to me like it would work well - baby human proportions don't seem to match the baby sized robot as well I had hoped - the depth of the seats tends to be greater than needed (it is about 7 1/2 inches from the back of the knee to the back when the Sentinel is seated, and the baby seats seem to be more like 9 to 10 inches), and they oddly don't make baby seats that are too menacing/evil looking in design.

The throne never seemed to be too elaborate, so I'm thinking building one out of some blocks of wood will suffice, maybe repurpose the tentacles as tubes/power lines attached to it.

But I would also be interested in any ideas on how to display as Master Mold.
canprime
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:10 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
EnigmaticClarity wrote:The context for this discussion is now buried under multiple layers of conflation. The Sentinels aren't going out slowly because of any Covid-related shipping backups. They're all sitting in Georgia, Hasbro is just slow to get 20K or so out of the door to FedEx. At the rate they're going seems like there's a handful of people getting a few hundred out the door every day, and if they do say 300 per day that's 70+ days, i.e. a bit over two months.
You've got that a little backward. Fedex actually picks them up from hasbro. Hasbro doesn't deliver them to fedex.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
fac wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:21 pm
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:16 pm
They're all sitting in Georgia, Hasbro is just slow to get 20K or so out of the door to FedEx. At the rate they're going seems like there's a handful of people getting a few hundred out the door every day, and if they do say 300 per day that's 70+ days, i.e. a bit over two months.
I think it is more likely that FedEx has capped the number they pick up each day than Hasbro is unable to get more than a few hundred ready to go each day. 300 or so is a tractor trailer sized pickup, that might be the capacity limit FedEx is willing to allot to this each day. Even if Hasbro could have had all 21k out the door on day one, FedEx wasn't going to have 70 unallocated tractor trailers available to be at their door in a single day while still handling a typical number of packages from all their other customers in the Georgia area. So my suspicion is there are only so many FedEx is willing to pick up each day and run through their system in order to not overwhelm things, and Hasbro may have contracted a better price on shipping with FedEx in order to process it like this.
So a question for you guys since you seem to have a better grasp of this than others, definitely better than me. :mrgreen:

With only some people getting their orders, and others not, in the same city/state, would that be on FedEx or Hasbro?

How likely is it that Hasbro did a batch for a specific region/state/city, and then sent them out to FedEx? So then does that mean FedEx is more likely the cause of the delays? Or did Hasbro only do a certain amount for each region/city/state and then send out another region with the hopes of going back to that region later? Obviously the size, and quantity of Sentinels will make a difference (NYC vs. Montana) in how many can go out at once.

I ask because I know Super7 (yes I know tiny, tiny company & orders) does their shipping from their warehouse (according to Brian Flynn) by specific regions and gets them out that way in some specific order. I just wonder if that is how Hasbro is doing it, or are they allocating a certain amount for each region every day?

I actually find the "behind the scenes" details a lot more interesting lately. Especially after the latest interview with Brian Flynn by Veebs, where he discussed a lot of "behind the scenes" things.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:17 pm

canprime wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:
EnigmaticClarity wrote:The context for this discussion is now buried under multiple layers of conflation. The Sentinels aren't going out slowly because of any Covid-related shipping backups. They're all sitting in Georgia, Hasbro is just slow to get 20K or so out of the door to FedEx. At the rate they're going seems like there's a handful of people getting a few hundred out the door every day, and if they do say 300 per day that's 70+ days, i.e. a bit over two months.
You've got that a little backward. Fedex actually picks them up from hasbro. Hasbro doesn't deliver them to fedex.

fac wrote:
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
They're all sitting in Georgia, Hasbro is just slow to get 20K or so out of the door to FedEx. At the rate they're going seems like there's a handful of people getting a few hundred out the door every day, and if they do say 300 per day that's 70+ days, i.e. a bit over two months.
I think it is more likely that FedEx has capped the number they pick up each day than Hasbro is unable to get more than a few hundred ready to go each day. 300 or so is a tractor trailer sized pickup, that might be the capacity limit FedEx is willing to allot to this each day. Even if Hasbro could have had all 21k out the door on day one, FedEx wasn't going to have 70 unallocated tractor trailers available to be at their door in a single day while still handling a typical number of packages from all their other customers in the Georgia area. So my suspicion is there are only so many FedEx is willing to pick up each day and run through their system in order to not overwhelm things, and Hasbro may have contracted a better price on shipping with FedEx in order to process it like this.
So a question for you guys since you seem to have a better grasp of this than others, definitely better than me. :mrgreen:

With only some people getting their orders, and others not, in the same city/state, would that be on FedEx or Hasbro?

How likely is it that Hasbro did a batch for a specific region/state/city, and then sent them out to FedEx? So then does that mean FedEx is more likely the cause of the delays? Or did Hasbro only do a certain amount for each region/city/state and then send out another region with the hopes of going back to that region later? Obviously the size, and quantity of Sentinels will make a difference (NYC vs. Montana) in how many can go out at once.

I ask because I know Super7 (yes I know tiny, tiny company & orders) does their shipping from their warehouse (according to Brian Flynn) by specific regions and gets them out that way in some specific order. I just wonder if that is how Hasbro is doing it, or are they allocating a certain amount for each region every day?

I actually find the "behind the scenes" details a lot more interesting lately. Especially after the latest interview with Brian Flynn by Veebs, where he discussed a lot of "behind the scenes" things.
Theyre not organized by region lol

This is what is basically happening.

Label's were likely printed in order of order #

Labels were then applied by X number of workers

X number of workers had them sent to Y number of workers who piled them up on a skid for freight delivery

Y number of workers had Z number of workers forklift them to warehouse for FedEx to pick up.

There's shuffling of shuffling.

I got 2 sentinels together likely by sheer luck 1 was the first one I ordered, the 2nd was the 3rd (last one I ordered) I waited weeks for the 2nd one I ordered. So it appears my first and third just ended up being a part if that batch and it was luck of the draw.
As mine were all seperate orders.

Honestly there's no point trying to make sense of it, there's no pattern here.

fac
CROM!

Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:33 pm

Not sure, but it generally makes sense to organize by region (USPS used to like this for bulk envelope mailing and I assume they still do, so they can route by Zip code ranges or chunks and not deal with each envelope until it gets further along) for smaller boxes that they can pallet together and move around the country in a block before it gets broken up at a regional/local center closer to the final delivery point - so in FedEx's mind they aren't shipping 100 distinct cases of Super7 waves, they are shipping 1 pallet of 100 cases of Super7 until that pallet needs to be broken up.

In this case it might be that they don't want (or can't handle) 300 Sentinels appearing in a single regional or local distribution center the same day - which would be enough to fill up maybe 5 or 6 local delivery vans all by itself. So they could purposely be spreading the load around so maybe a block of 30 are going to NJ and another block of 30 are headed to Portland or whatever, which would be best of both worlds for FedEx I would think - large groupings to regional or local centers, but not so large to be too much at a time, then easy to handle numbers to break apart at that point.

I'm just speculating, but the whole logistics thing is down to a science now, and I'm sure FedEx has told Hasbro how they want to handle this, including if they wanted these pre-sorted by region or whatever. There could also be COVID and staffing issues that are slowing it down once in the FedEx system.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:41 pm

Spend an hour or two (really 10 or 15 minutes if you have any concept of what warehouses and shipping things out of them requires) thinking about what it takes to get 20K large boxes from Georgia to all of us. That will answer your questions more efficiently than the days or weeks spent in this thread trying to figure out why we don't all have our Sentinels yet.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:42 pm

fac wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:33 pm
Not sure, but it generally makes sense to organize by region (USPS used to like this for bulk envelope mailing and I assume they still do, so they can route by Zip code ranges or chunks and not deal with each envelope until it gets further along) for smaller boxes that they can pallet together and move around the country in a block before it gets broken up at a regional/local center closer to the final delivery point - so in FedEx's mind they aren't shipping 100 distinct cases of Super7 waves, they are shipping 1 pallet of 100 cases of Super7 until that pallet needs to be broken up.

In this case it might be that they don't want (or can't handle) 300 Sentinels appearing in a single regional or local distribution center the same day - which would be enough to fill up maybe 5 or 6 local delivery vans all by itself. So they could purposely be spreading the load around so maybe a block of 30 are going to NJ and another block of 30 are headed to Portland or whatever, which would be best of both worlds for FedEx I would think - large groupings to regional or local centers, but not so large to be too much at a time, then easy to handle numbers to break apart at that point.

I'm just speculating, but the whole logistics thing is down to a science now, and I'm sure FedEx has told Hasbro how they want to handle this, including if they wanted these pre-sorted by region or whatever. There could also be COVID and staffing issues that are slowing it down once in the FedEx system.

Hasbro figured that out with Jabba's Barge before the pandemic. I see no reason to factor in pandemic delays beyond why our shipment takes 3 to 7 days as opposed to 2 or 3.
darkmoon766
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:42 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:08 am
I guess the people pissed about not getting Sentinels (like me, but I'm not particularly pissed) wanted Hasbro to hire twice as many Pulse warehouse people shipping them out. Welp, they didn't, so it'll take twice as long as Unicron (two months). I don't much mind, and I don't get how complaining about that decision here is going to change much. They promised Fall, and they'll probably still make Fall.
I wish they wouldn't have made fall, and instead found the issue with the ratchets not working and delayed it shipping as long as they needed to. I would have waited 2 years as long as they said what the delays were for. I have had to wait that long for other things I don't care as much about being perfect as a $350 dollar figure that will take up that much space and have that kind of presence.

REVillage wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:47 am
Received mine and after reading these forums I wish I hadn’t.

The joints are fine with mine, well worth the price tag.
Akatsuki wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:53 pm
REVillage wrote:Received mine and after reading these forums I wish I hadn’t.

Yeah, same here. Joints are fine on my Sentinel. It’s a very impressive figure in person!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have asked other people who have said their joints are fine. Does that mean they are just tight enough to keep him standing, or can you guys actually feel any or all of the ratchets (2 per knee, hips outward, thigh swivel) in the hips/legs?
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:03 pm

fac wrote:
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
I ordered a limited edition art box from a company in CA, and once they were ready to ship them out, they sent out an email to all the customers to say exactly that. FedEx had a limit on what they would pick up each day from their warehouse.

The 4H generally have FedEx come once or twice a week, so if packages miss those days to go out, they wait until the next pickup day.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:20 am

darkmoon766 wrote:
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:08 am
I guess the people pissed about not getting Sentinels (like me, but I'm not particularly pissed) wanted Hasbro to hire twice as many Pulse warehouse people shipping them out. Welp, they didn't, so it'll take twice as long as Unicron (two months). I don't much mind, and I don't get how complaining about that decision here is going to change much. They promised Fall, and they'll probably still make Fall.
I wish they wouldn't have made fall, and instead found the issue with the ratchets not working and delayed it shipping as long as they needed to. I would have waited 2 years as long as they said what the delays were for. I have had to wait that long for other things I don't care as much about being perfect as a $350 dollar figure that will take up that much space and have that kind of presence.

REVillage wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:47 am
Received mine and after reading these forums I wish I hadn’t.

Akatsuki wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:53 pm
REVillage wrote:Received mine and after reading these forums I wish I hadn’t.

Yeah, same here. Joints are fine on my Sentinel. It’s a very impressive figure in person!

I have asked other people who have said their joints are fine. Does that mean they are just tight enough to keep him standing, or can you guys actually feel any or all of the ratchets (2 per knee, hips outward, thigh swivel) in the hips/legs?
My Sentinel can stand just fine despite my kids actively playing all around it. It only fell once when they deliberately knocked it over. But it was fine because it’s sturdy.

Yes, I can feel ratchets. But they are not loud clicking ratchets like on a transformer. Soft ratchets.

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:29 am

Akatsuki wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:20 am
Yes, I can feel ratchets. But they are not loud clicking ratchets like on a transformer. Soft ratchets.

That's the design defect, though--most people are saying they can't feel ratchets at all. It seems they're not working most of the time. Tightening screws does not affect whether the ratchets work at all from what I've heard.

There should be at least six places in the legs where you can feel ratchets; can you feel all six? The video linked last week showed that they put ratchets in at least three locations in each leg. One is at the top of the leg where it attaches to the torso where you should feel ratchets as you move the legs outward, but I have yet to hear of anyone feeling those ratchets work with most people's Sentinels just falling into the splits if they spread the legs too much. You should also feel ratchets in the knees in two places--the joint above the knee and the joint below it. I have yet to hear from someone who felt both of those knee ratchets working on either leg. MCUCollector24 said in his review he felt ratchets on the bottom knee joints but not the top ones.
TonyStark517
Avengers Assemble

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:13 pm

Finally got around to opening mine yesterday. I'm fortunate that my knees seem fine, especially compared to most documented cases I've seen. Only a slight bit of droop when held horizontally, which I chalk up to gravity/weight. The knees themselves are definitely smooth/non-ratcheting which I see as an issue even if mine is stable. Not having those solid joints makes me weary that over time he's going to end up limp.

Overall, from a quick first impression I'm satisfied with it, and hope that the ML learns greatly from this for Galactus. I think the add-ons/whole package really makes me feel like I got my monies worth, and I think this is likely to be Master Mold once I get it displayed properly. For now though it's staying in the box stored away until we move somewhere bigger.

Which at this rate will be when the 3rd Haslab ML item ships in 2023...
minitaur
Super Poseable

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:56 pm

Great Sentinel news!

I have 3 on order and I couldn't create a FedEx account since they're going to a business address. I did not receive an email from Hasbro telling me of the delay, so I was worried something happened to my order.

I got in touch with them and they provided me the tracking numbers!!! They haven't shipped, and the tracking numbers were created 6 weeks ago, but I can add them to my Deliveries tracking app and will be updated when they do ship.

I assume they have shrodinger's knees :D
canprime
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:03 pm

So I finally was able to spare the time to sit and enjoy opening my Sentinel.

First the good. WOW is it a sight to behold, from the box to the figure itself. It really is an impressive figure. I seem to have lucked out, the knees hold fairly well and don't seem loose at all, but as others have said, I feel the joints are too "soft" and as such I can see them being a problem for stability in the future. I know others have said they were not that impressed by some of the alternate heads, but man I love all of them. Definitely Master Mold is the king, and that is how I will display the Sentinel, but the regular head, Tri-Sentinel and damaged heads are all great, and have their own unique quirks that I love. Love the tendrils as well, they look great, and are so sturdy yet pliable. Great work!! Also love the paint/colours. They really compliment the figure/look.

Second, the not so good. The joints worry me, but I guess that is future Marc's problem. I have a black blemish on my chest light, on the inside of course. So when I light it up I get a nice black dot on the bottom portion of the chest light. Of course now that I see it I can't ever un-see it. Also after I take the Sentinel out and stand him up I hear some rattling around at the back. My first thought is, of course, "Uh Oh." So I shake it a bit and I hear it some more. Now I'm freaking out that something is loose inside the figure, where I won't be able to reach it, or fix it. As I am taking the back panel off to access the battery cover a screw falls to the floor. I pick it up and it looks clean/unused. So then I proceed to use my LED flashlight to examine the figure from top to bottom, including all the deep, recessed spots where they put screws. The good(?) news? I can't find a missing screw anywhere. Every spot has a screw, that I can see at least. So I'm hoping it was just a extra that somehow fell in during assembly. My Debbie Downer side thinks it is from somewhere I can't see and I will find my Sentinel falling apart one day (I know, I know).

Anyway, good work on Hasbro's part, and I feel the figure and accessories are worth the money. I just wish they had better QC since it seems so many people have received their Sentinel with some problem.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:11 pm

Your extra screw means somebody else's Sentinel has a really loose knee.

I haven't even tried the electronics on my Sentinel. Guess I should get around to testing it.
canprime
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:03 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:11 pm
Your extra screw means somebody else's Sentinel has a really loose knee.

I haven't even tried the electronics on my Sentinel. Guess I should get around to testing it.
WIth everything that has gone on with the Sentinel I wouldn't be surprised by that notion. :mrgreen:

I forgot to ask as well......

I noticed on the back of the Sentinel, near the battery cover, that the letters UK/CA were printed in black. I'm wondering if that is the same for everyone, or just those of us in Canada and the UK? Maybe something to do with legalese and what not? Specific shipments for each country?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”