HasLab Sentinel Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: HasLab Sentinel Discussion

Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:40 pm

A DPD driver left it on the doorstep a few minutes ago, didn’t even ring the doorbell, I guess I should be glad it came earlier than stated or there’d have been nobody home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaThing
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:15 pm

*** latest update ***
Apparently, my Sentinel just arrived in Georgia where the label was created back on September 1st. No updated delivery date even though it has left the fedex facility there. I was able to have it held at a dollar general just down the road since I have to work everyday this week and no idea which day or time it would get delivered. Soooo...one step closer, finally.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:34 pm

DaThing wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:58 pm
My Sentinel has been sitting 2 states away for almost a month now and I still have no clue when I'm going to actually get it. According to the email from Hasbro, it should be shipped sometime in the next 5 days but at this point I'm definitely not confident that it's going to happen.

Hey, I live in Georgia and mine's been in label created in Pooler, GA since the beginning of the month - I've driven right by there twice since then! I'm not fussed, it'll get here when it gets here. Still haven't made a decision about getting rid of some of my old BAFs - I don't really want to, but I know I need to make space for these big boys. Might have to get down to just the 1 and let him be Rover as the toy gods intended...
Mister Voorhees
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:46 pm

Mine came today. I didn't have to sign for it -- I left a old signature release form taped to my door, so I'm not sure if it was due to that (although I think they're meant to take them, which didn't happen) or if the deliverer just didn't care. Anyway, the joints seem good on mine. Now I just need to find a spot for it; originally I was going to put it on top of my dresser but even with decently tight joints I'm still scared it'll fall and my nearly $400 worth of plastic will break.

I've got a couple of adjustable 1/6th stands so I guess I'll try out one of them.
Child_of_the_90's
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:56 pm

Shartimus did something interesting. He wrapped the knee is plastic wrap and used it as an effect, as if Iceman were freezing the knee. Looks surprisingly good, and may serve to keep a loose knee joint from moving.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:58 pm

I tried dismantling the knee and got about as far as prising one of the larger calf plates off before seeing that the risk isn’t worth trying to fully disassemble it. Too much chance of cracking a plate or snapping a sprue just to expose the other screws so I decided to hold off snd just enjoy it as is fir a bit.

Tightening the knee screws on mine was marginally an improvement in stability but on the whole it’s just not good enough, I’m astonished nobody at Hasbro handled this and thought “well this is not up to standard”.

I’ll settle for tightening the screws again each time they loosen but I can see myself having another attempt at disassembly one day.

I really like the mid torso articulation and how well he turns on that joint. Hips could be tighter too but not even any screws to tighten there.

On the whole it’s fine but somehow I think the two Sentinel Primes are also going to be mod projects too. Why does she come with gripping hands?
I stuck the male head on a Cloak body which looks great but bland so I’ll mod that too. Bastion is fantastic but I want them to do a more human looking version at some point from before it was revealed that he’s cybernetic and he passed as human.

mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:58 am

kailryu wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:58 pm
I tried dismantling the knee and got about as far as prising one of the larger calf plates off before seeing that the risk isn’t worth trying to fully disassemble it. Too much chance of cracking a plate or snapping a sprue just to expose the other screws so I decided to hold off snd just enjoy it as is fir a bit.

Tightening the knee screws on mine was marginally an improvement in stability but on the whole it’s just not good enough, I’m astonished nobody at Hasbro handled this and thought “well this is not up to standard”.

I’ll settle for tightening the screws again each time they loosen but I can see myself having another attempt at disassembly one day.

I really like the mid torso articulation and how well he turns on that joint. Hips could be tighter too but not even any screws to tighten there.

On the whole it’s fine but somehow I think the two Sentinel Primes are also going to be mod projects too. Why does she come with gripping hands? Image
I stuck the male head on a Cloak body which looks great but bland so I’ll mod that too. Bastion is fantastic but I want them to do a more human looking version at some point from before it was revealed that he’s cybernetic and he passed as human.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU_0zlYDEyo

Not sure if this Sentinel disassembled video has been posted before, but some guy took his apart and sure enough there ARE ratchets!
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:15 am

Wow, that video was pretty insightful. So it's not the lack of ratchets, it's misassembled. And fixing depends on the chance that it was further misassembled. Now that's disappointing.
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:33 am

Yup this a nightmare! Pretty much broken out of the box.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:04 am

Had these been out before the Galactus Haslab, I wonder how much it would have affected purchases. I know I would have thought more about it, but likely would have thought "They wouldn't let that happen twice, right?". I hope I'm right.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:10 am

If these are truly misassembled, I wonder if that opens Hasbro up to a class action lawsuit if they don’t offer sufficient replacements or refunds. As investors, the standard of satisfaction is much higher than a typical consumer product. You know the sharks on shark tank would not accept a misassembled final product to fly, and neither should we frankly.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:31 am

Wait...somehow I understood the video differently than you guys did. He said HIS was mis-assembled...where did he say they ALL are? The part of his that wasn't assembled correctly is that there's a screw inside the leg that prevents you from disassembling it, but on one of his thighs that screw was missing, so he was able to disassemble that thigh. That's how he, but the rest of us mostly can't, see that there are ratchets on the knee joint, on the thigh swivel, and on the hip outward hinge. I watched it a second time but still didn't note where he may have either explicitly stated or perhaps simply implied all of the Sentinels are mis-assembled. If someone definitely did see that, can you share the minute and second mark where he said it?

In the second half of the video he notes that tightening the screws didn't work for him, so he does what Robo said he might do and added a washer to the knee screws and that DID work to tighten his knee. On one joint he added one washer, and on the other which was looser he added two. The interesting thing is he makes his own washers just by measuring the hole the screw fits into, measuring the width of the screw, and cutting his own washer from the plastic window of a random Marvel Legends plastic window cover that's built into the front of every box where you can see through to the figure inside. Great hint, I'll probably do that as well even if my knees are relatively tight (I don't have mine yet). Just for reference he noted that he cut the washer to be 5.64 millimeters wide with a hole in the middle that is 3 millimeters wide.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:06 am

Buttmunch wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:10 am
If these are truly misassembled, I wonder if that opens Hasbro up to a class action lawsuit if they don’t offer sufficient replacements or refunds. As investors, the standard of satisfaction is much higher than a typical consumer product. You know the sharks on shark tank would not accept a misassembled final product to fly, and neither should we frankly.
Lol
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:07 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Wait...somehow I understood the video differently than you guys did. He said HIS was mis-assembled...where did he say they ALL are? The part of his that wasn't assembled correctly is that there's a screw inside the leg that prevents you from disassembling it, but on one of his thighs that screw was missing, so he was able to disassemble that thigh. That's how he, but the rest of us mostly can't, see that there are ratchets on the knee joint, on the thigh swivel, and on the hip outward hinge. I watched it a second time but still didn't note where he may have either explicitly stated or perhaps simply implied all of the Sentinels are mis-assembled. If someone definitely did see that, can you share the minute and second mark where he said it?

In the second half of the video he notes that tightening the screws didn't work for him, so he does what Robo said he might do and added a washer to the knee screws and that DID work to tighten his knee. On one joint he added one washer, and on the other which was looser he added two. The interesting thing is he makes his own washers just by measuring the hole the screw fits into, measuring the width of the screw, and cutting his own washer from the plastic window of a random Marvel Legends plastic window cover that's built into the front of every box where you can see through to the figure inside. Great hint, I'll probably do that as well even if my knees are relatively tight (I don't have mine yet). Just for reference he noted that he cut the washer to be 5.64 millimeters wide with a hole in the middle that is 3 millimeters wide.
The plastic washers seem like a simple and effective solution. I wonder if Hasbro will mass produce them to send to buyers to help tighten the ratchet.
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:09 am

Enforcer wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:07 am
EnigmaticClarity wrote:

The plastic washers seem like a simple and effective solution. I wonder if Hasbro will mass produce them to send to buyers to help tighten the ratchet.
Yes but we'll have to buy 5 figures we don't care about.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics